Author Topic: F18 crashes into building  (Read 1887 times)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
Re: F18 crashes into building
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »
Just saw this a few minutes ago when JEMS (Journal of Emergency Medical Services) posted it on facebook.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 01:53:47 PM »
I really can't believe the pilot did that. As a pilot its our job to make sure you dont hurt anyone on the ground - You accepted the risk the moment you stepped in that airplane, but everyone you are flying over did not. It's inexcusable - just like miramar.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »
I really can't believe the pilot did that. As a pilot its our job to make sure you dont hurt anyone on the ground - You accepted the risk the moment you stepped in that airplane, but everyone you are flying over did not. It's inexcusable - just like miramar.

I think it would be wise to know more details before making statements like that. Just sayin'

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »
I think it would be wise to know more details before making statements like that. Just sayin'

Unless the plane was absolutely uncontrollable it is inexcusable. I feel pretty strongly about stuff like this.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 02:15:55 PM »
Unless the plane was absolutely uncontrollable it is inexcusable. I feel pretty strongly about stuff like this.

Good for you, I do too.. Fact is nobody knows all the details at this point, but it sounds like they ejected at a very very low altitude. Faced with no other options, what would you do? Eject or die? Just saying lets wait to hear what happened before blaming the pilots for crashing their plane in a less than ideal place. Accidents happen.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »
If I had options that could save myself, but put others at risk, or an option that would minimize risk to others but most likely mean the end of me, I would choose the latter.

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »
If I had options that could save myself, but put others at risk, or an option that would minimize risk to others but most likely mean the end of me, I would choose the latter.

And I'm sure they had the same philosophy, as do 99.99% of all pilots. These are trained military officers, not a couple of ultra melons goofing off on a Sunday afternoon.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »

So says the White Knight from the safety of his keyboard.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »
So says the White Knight from the safety of his keyboard.

When the cockpit of the 210 started filling up with smoke my first thought was to make sure if I went down I wouldnt hurt anyone on the ground.

But keep on talking, princess.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »
I'm done, if it turns out they didnt have any control - I resend my remarks. If they did, you all know how I feel.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »
When the cockpit of the 210 started filling up with smoke my first thought was to make sure if I went down I wouldnt hurt anyone on the ground.

But keep on talking, princess.

Please regale us with more tales of your epic bravado!  Every time a plane goes down you're in here while the wreckage is still smoldering telling everyone what idiots the pilots were, and how much more 13373r you would have been than them.  Hell we should just fire the NTSB and save the millions the government spends on crash investigations since we have super squeaker right here that is apparently omnipotent when it comes to aircraft wrecks.

To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 02:32:08 PM »

Please regale us with more tales of your epic bravado!  Every time a plane goes down you're in here while the wreckage is still smoldering telling everyone what idiots the pilots were, and how much more 13373r you would have been than them.  Hell we should just fire the NTSB and save the millions the government spends on crash investigations since we have super squeaker right here that is apparently omnipotent when it comes to aircraft wrecks.

How many hours do you have? Have you ever landed a plane, have you ever declared an emergency?

piss off cheryl

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »

Also PLEASE tell find me another thread where I said the pilots were idiots. It happens very rarely. In fact, besides this one I think I have only other done it once.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,331702.0.html

not the pilots fault

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,331554.0.html

great job to the pilot

anyways, I'm not going to do any more searching. You can do your own research.