Author Topic: F18 crashes into building  (Read 1892 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: F18 crashes into building
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »
This thread should be banned but a couple nuggets.

First, Tupac jumped to quick. Then Tec and Tupac sorted it out. Then a few others jumped on Tupac after Tupac ate crow and sorted it out. Then...

Then Golfer posted the picture of 2012 that I am going to send to many of my friends for a hundred different reasons for years to come. 'Shit they know, *shit they know they don't know and everything else.' I love it!!!

Thanks Golfer. As for everything else, it's sorted out. Now onto another thread.

Boo

PS Golfer, if you have any more nuggets share. Curry has a good one with a cat and bacon, random. Yours gives deep meaning to every debate I've ever had in life.
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »
Maybe I'm the only one who is actually telling you.  Keep in mind my only exposure to who "you" are is how you act and what you say. If I'm arriving at that conclusion based soley on your actions wouldn't you thing it's worth giving some consideration into the why/how.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2012, 09:00:19 PM »
Maybe I'm the only one who is actually telling you.  Keep in mind my only exposure to who "you" are is how you act and what you say. If I'm arriving at that conclusion based soley on your actions wouldn't you thing it's worth giving some consideration into the why/how.

I have difficulty putting my thoughts into text and would gladly talk to you on the phone - then you can hear ton of voice and whatnot. Text isn't a very good communication source.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2012, 09:11:18 PM »
awesome how this turned into a tupac vs multiple tard fest. Tupac ate his crow and admitted to jumping to conclusions the rest of you forgot hes a  kid,  didnt you think you knew everything when you were a kid? Tupac it would help if you stopped  jumping to conclusions you did it twice here with your OP then with the fuel question.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:16:54 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2012, 09:29:19 PM »
I have difficulty putting my thoughts into text and would gladly talk to you on the phone - then you can hear ton of voice and whatnot. Text isn't a very good communication source.

I think that's an excuse and you're rationalizing to save face in your mind. Remember that word when you start training for your FOI written test.

You write just fine. It's what you write that gets your foot in your mouth not how you write it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:43:48 PM by Golfer »

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2012, 09:51:48 PM »
I think that's an excuse and you're rationalizing to save face in your mind. Remember that word when you start training for your FOI written test.

You write just fine. It's what you write that gets your foot in your mouth not how you write it.

I'm picking up my study books for CFI and FOI soon. Like I said, if you want I can give you my number and we can chat on the phone.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »
Curry has a good one with a cat and bacon, random.

wat
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »
Meh nevermind
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:27:13 PM by eagl »
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2012, 11:00:29 PM »
I guess you aren't on jetcareers, I was on there last night talking about a CFI and his technique that he teaches students after an engine failure. I felt as if it encouraged complacency and too much reliance on the parachute. (it wa a Cirrus)

Don't even go there or I'll rip you apart

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2012, 11:31:52 PM »
Tupac, everything you say is going in the scrapbook.  If you reply to him, scrapbook.  If you say something about your last flight, scrapbook.  If you say you don't like bronies, scrapbook.  In fact, scrap the scrapbook, he's just going to do a O'Club forum search on April 5th 2022 for all posts by Tupac, and send it to you.  And then you'll be sooo ashamed.

If I ever decide to take up flying, I sure as hell am not going to tell anyone here.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2012, 11:48:47 PM »

If I ever decide to take up flying, I sure as hell am not going to tell anyone here.

That's odd. I think you'd find this group knowledgeable, diverse, supportive, encouraging and willing to help.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:59:11 PM by Golfer »

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2012, 11:54:53 PM »
I hit that first post out of the park on the Krustyometer.

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2012, 11:59:53 PM »
you aren't in a position to judge as you have never flown with me or even know secondhand anyone who has flown with me.
but you were in a position to judge the two crew members on their actions just after a few initial reports came about?  :headscratch: Meet Mr. Kettle...

Two weeks ago a plane lost its engine on short final at my airport. It crash landed in the valley right beneath the runway threshold on a road. The initial reports from the news were that a plane hit power lines on landing making it completely sound like pilot error... Hardly anything close to the truth and what happened. They did indeed clip the lines however, but they managed to put that plane down in a strech of road just 200ft long without hitting the cars parked in the driveways and 3 houses and also the trees.

The diamond was destroyed from hitting the lines and the student pilot was injured with a broken vertebra in her spine, the instructor was ok though.
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2012, 03:30:38 AM »
Came to see if any news has been released on the crash, saw every airderp I've wandered by on the BBS wrap themselves up in an argument that would embarrass a 5-year-old, went shaking my head.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2012, 04:53:17 AM »
I'm not a big fan of commenting in such threads, this is because most of the time we have a whole bunch of people discussing what they know absolutely nothing about. You guys remember that F-22 crash in Alaska last year and how everyone was screaming that it's oxygen system does not work, well when the report finally came out it said nothing about it's oxygen system as that was not the cause. So in this case I recommend we just wait a year or so until the report finally comes out and then discuss it.

For now I'm just going to say "$h1t happens" and I'd certainly like to read that report (when it comes out).
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s