Author Topic: Saturday Night Scenario Frame 1 this Saturday!  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Saturday Night Scenario Frame 1 this Saturday!
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2012, 01:15:35 PM »
In addition to the history of it, one of the things I like about scenarios is how the historical aircraft matchups work out.  You can have one side full of planes that would typically lose low-alt, low-speed, one-on-one engagements vs. the planes of the other side.  But a many-on-many scenario environment is a whole different world, and you can have the side with aircraft that are considered inferior in the MA more than hold their own in that different environment.  FW 190's, P-40's, and F4F's, for example, are not that great in low-speed, low-alt, one on ones against their historical adversaries.  But get a many on many going, ranging from 30k or even 15k down to the deck, and they are as good (maybe in some matchups  better) than their historical adversaries.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
I recently got done reading "JG26:  Top Guns of the Luftwaffe".  It's a fantastic book.  It covers the whole history of JG26, from beginning to end, on a nearly daily level of detail.  For the period that this scenario covers, the mix of aircraft has been spot on, not just with the P-51's, P-38's, and P-47's, but also the Tempests and Spit 14's, which were typical opponents of JG26 at the time as well.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »
I just got done reading Red Fish Blue Fish...   it was deep.    :confused:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"