Author Topic: P-47d40 vs. P-47d25  (Read 16690 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: P-47d40 vs. P-47d25
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »
Doesn't matter how good someone is, a vet will never be able to kill a two weeker in a 262 while he is in a D3A.
From a D3A's point of view there is no difference between a P-47N and an Me262.  I've shot down a P-47N while flying the D3A1.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »
Doesn't matter how good someone is, a vet will never be able to kill a two weeker in a 262 while he is in a D3A. There are certain plane matchups that you simply cannot beat.

D3A has 27 recorded kills on Me 262's up to and including tour 143   ;)

As someone said: There ain't no absolutes. Of course a vet can kill a 2 weeker in a 262 if the latter one screws up. Almost all kills in the MA are being made because someone did screw up something at some point. Things are just more or less likely dending on  plane matchup, players and situation. But with hundreds of thousands of kills each tour, everything that can happen, will happen. :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2012, 04:51:52 PM »
JUG I am not saying guaranteed every time a KI goes against a JUG the KI wins... :rolleyes:

it does come down to who is flying the plane....I have always said that....

when you get close to skill level the plane becomes more of a factor...the further away the skill level the less the plane is a factor.....

2 guys very equal in fighting skill the one in the KI will win against a JUG

2 guys far apart in skill the one who is experienced fighting will win in almost anything he is flying no matter what the unskilled guy is in.

I never said "when I am flying the KI"...I kinda thought that was a givin..... :uhoh

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »
There are certainly no absolutes in the game Juggler but I've seen you call out that you would own yourself in a mixed plane fight (KI vs Jug).

Sometimes it comes down to styles. I've found there are certain players who are reputable monsters in their plane of choice who I can bring down with regularity and others who, in the same plane, will ring my bell every time. Sometimes style matchups are as important as plane choice.

This is true Mak, but not absolute, I can be quite wiley even against myself  :huh

I agree equal skill in "BOTH" planes the ki84 should win most of the time, But most of the time is what I'm talkin about!!!

8-0 vs seadog is extreme IF he has the same experience and skill as Ink, I would think he could have pulled off at least one or 2 upsets! As I think I or Mak could!  That is all :salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2012, 06:55:49 PM »
There are certainly no absolutes in the game Juggler but I've seen you call out that you would own yourself in a mixed plane fight (KI vs Jug).

This interests me as a standard for comparing different planes.  In a way it takes care of the pilot differential issue. 

So:  If you were flying a P-47 of any model against your twin - not the MA standard guy , not the 10-best-pilots-guy, but you - in a Frank, would good triumph over evil?

- oldman

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2012, 07:55:36 PM »

This interests me as a standard for comparing different planes.  In a way it takes care of the pilot differential issue. 

So:  If you were flying a P-47 of any model against your twin - not the MA standard guy , not the 10-best-pilots-guy, but you - in a Frank, would good triumph over evil?
- oldman

Ofcourse, God would never side with evil  :devil

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »

D3A has 27 recorded kills on Me 262's up to and including tour 143   ;)

As someone said: There ain't no absolutes. Of course a vet can kill a 2 weeker in a 262 if the latter one screws up. Almost all kills in the MA are being made because someone did screw up something at some point. Things are just more or less likely dending on  plane matchup, players and situation. But with hundreds of thousands of kills each tour, everything that can happen, will happen. :old:

I got SFOX's 262 with a 109F. I only got about a total of 6 rounds into him and he 'sploded

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2012, 05:08:23 AM »
Both the d40 and d25 have the same airframe and weigh the same amount.  The differences are in the engines.  On mil power the d40 is insignificantly faster and climbs better.  The difference is completely negligible.  However, on WEP, the d40 has a substantial advantage in top speed and in climb rate.  The only reason to pick a d25 is for the extra perks and kooler skins. 

Now the d11=the sexiest jug of them all.  Anyone else think the d11 is a more stable gun platform than the others?  Anyone else here think it eases into the stalls unlike the other models?  Must have something to do with the lighter weight.  Might have something to do with the razorback v. bubble canopy providing extra stability.  Dunno how the flightmodel deals with those things, if at all.

According to a spreadsheet I compiled based on recordings of my flights, I land hits at an average of 298.62 yards out.  These are not killshots, but a total average including 50ft snapshots and 1000 yard pings.    So I just set my guns to point 300. [Also, I'm a BnZer, HOer, vulcher, picker.  If I was a dogfighter, I'm sure my hits would land closer in.]

I've seen some vids, I think they were by Lepape, of a p47 doing crazy stuff.  Wish someone who knew those tricks would teach em too me.  There's something in the throttle that I'm not getting.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2012, 08:18:18 AM »
Now the d11=the sexiest jug of them all.  Anyone else think the d11 is a more stable gun platform than the others?  Anyone else here think it eases into the stalls unlike the other models?  Must have something to do with the lighter weight.  Might have something to do with the razorback v. bubble canopy providing extra stability.  Dunno how the flightmodel deals with those things, if at all.

It is a fun bird.  It is not a turn fighter of course but feels like it can out turn a P-51 at lower alts.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
It is a fun bird.  It is not a turn fighter of course but feels like it can out turn a P-51 at lower alts.

All jugs can and will.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2012, 08:50:53 AM »
Take BigR in the DA 51 vs 47s do it again and let me know the results.  :D
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2012, 08:54:40 AM »
At opportune times I use flaps at high speed in a jug.  I wonder just how much you gain though.

For instance, is there a speed range where P-47 flaps can deploy (say 400 mph) that would put you at parity in a turn with say an F4u-1a at 400 mph (which cannot deploy flaps at that speed)?

What are your observations in this area please?
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2012, 08:59:27 AM »
First notch of flaps drop at 250mph in a Jug. Usually, if you're slow enough o drop flaps in a Jug, then you're either about to 1 v 1 or die. Jug takes a long time to regain their E.

My way of dealing with them in 109s is to force them to burn their E, and once I've seen that he dropped full flaps, I retract mine and start spiral climbing. 109's acceleration and HP will pull it through, Jugs will flop around below you. Kick rudder, drop down, dead Jug. The trick is getting them to burn their E.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »
Take BigR in the DA 51 vs 47s do it again and let me know the results.  :D
Yea that would result a couple interesting films. And so much fun, of course  :)

Btw Titan, as far as i can remember, the Jug has the same 400mph flaps as the pony, but the 51 can deploy them faster, and can gain some advantage in the 300-180mph speed range.
Thats what BigR is using very well.
Oh and forgot to mention, any 109 can outturn any jug...  without tricking with the E. The more you have to work for the kill, the sweeter the victory is    ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:15:33 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »
first notch is 400mph and I use it alot.

another nice thing about the jug - if you're already -E and the other guy is going mess around spending 10mins building an even bigger E advantage so he can then spend another 10mins burning it in complete safety while picking pieces off you, you can just point the nose down, dive out and find someone else whos prepared to get stuck in and fight you :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli