Author Topic: My new updated Main Arena  (Read 10658 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: My new updated Main Arena
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »
World of Warplanes? Never tried it...I know it's arcadedy but how's the gameplay?

No screenshot is from FSX and Payware aircraft, but shows what is possible and like I said even if AH could reach 1/10th that level would be a big improvement from current graphics.

Today, good graphics doesn't mean have to have poor FM and Physics. That's just a AH community mindset after nearly 14 years with the same graphics engine.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »
No screenshot is from FSX and Payware aircraft, but shows what is possible and like I said even if AH could reach 1/10th that level would be a big improvement from current graphics.

Today, good graphics doesn't mean have to have poor FM and Physics. That's just a AH community mindset after nearly 14 years with the same graphics engine.

<S>...-Gixer

Agreed.

But damn, that's pretty.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »
sucks it like WOT gameplay and only more gamier the plane flies it self in combat
did you get in on the closed beta? it won't be open beta til next month. from what i've read, arcade mode is the only thing enabled but there is supposed to be a "full realism" mode...aka, engine management. it can't be any worse than the other mmo flight sim turd that recently went open beta, warthunder.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2013, 01:57:02 PM »
I played Wings of Prey, which happens to be the predecessor to WarThunder and I had plenty of fun with it. Arcadedy as hell, but damn I had fun with it. According to Steam, I have over 170 hours on it over the past 2.5 years. The gameplay wasn't great, but the graphics more than made up for it. Dragging out dogfights where I could easily win just to suck in the beautiful effects and scenery.

One thing about a flight sim with amazing graphics - you can actually play with icons off. In AH, turn icons off and you would have a super difficult time finding anyone. In Wings of Prey, with icons off, I can spot planes as far as the visual range allowed (around 10 miles ish) as vague dots. In a massive furball, it was plenty of fun flying and trying to identify friend from foe.

semp

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2013, 02:22:06 PM »
did you get in on the closed beta? it won't be open beta til next month. from what i've read, arcade mode is the only thing enabled but there is supposed to be a "full realism" mode...aka, engine management. it can't be any worse than the other mmo flight sim turd that recently went open beta, warthunder.
yeah I'm on closed beta right now idk warthunder is better than world of warplanes I've tried both don't like either of them when I try new games I compare them to AH and so far nothing has come close to the realism AH has except maybe DCS which is way to indepth for me but that's cause it has a VERY steep learning curve
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2013, 03:07:01 PM »
One thing about a flight sim with amazing graphics - you can actually play with icons off. In AH, turn icons off and you would have a super difficult time finding anyone. In Wings of Prey, with icons off, I can spot planes as far as the visual range allowed (around 10 miles ish) as vague dots. In a massive furball, it was plenty of fun flying and trying to identify friend from foe.
it's been a while but i could have swore wop had a 3.5-4 mile dot visibilty range. you should try warthunder, the fight model feels exactly the same.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »
it's been a while but i could have swore wop had a 3.5-4 mile dot visibilty range. you should try warthunder, the fight model feels exactly the same.

Whoops, miles? I meant 10K (10,000 yards? Like in AH). AH has the same I believe, dots disappear after 9-10K for me, but in WoP, the plane can be seen much more clearly and doesn't "warp" like it does AH. I understand the design behind the "warping" dots (planes closest to you updates their position the fastest), but fighting without icons in WoP just feels like a better experience. I'll take a look into WarThunder but I go to AH for mutiplayer and WoP for singleplayer, so I'm not sure if anything in WarThunder will interest me that AH and WoP hasn't already.

semp

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »
map finished and ready for submission...

deleted recycle bin emptied.

Thanks for confirming my sense of the kind of guy you are.

- oldman

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2013, 11:18:27 PM »
Textures look ok, problem is the underlying graphics engine and mesh. You still end up with Pyramid mountains, flat terrain and lots of straight angles no matter what res texture you map onto it will never look even close to this.

(Image removed from quote.)

<S>...-Gixer

GASP!!!!
Gixer is flying a Spitfire!!!!

:noid
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2013, 11:37:09 PM »
map finished and ready for submission...

deleted recycle bin emptied.

Getting callow over the last week, which leads to this?   Wow.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2013, 12:12:52 AM »
Getting callow over the last week, which leads to this?   Wow.   

When we chastise the gods we risk thier wrath which in this case was a lightning bolt that destroyed a potential new world! Had we appeased the gods and accepted thier failings while bowing down in awe of thier superior skills we may have avoided this catastrophe.

What we are left to hope is that a new god will appear.  One that is just and fair who may lead us to a new promised land where air combat is the be all end all of our cartoon existence.  But who is this new god?  Show us a sigh!  Give us hope for a better tomorrow!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2013, 12:13:50 AM »
When we chastise the gods we risk thier wrath which in this case was a lightning bolt that destroyed a potential new world! Had we appeased the gods and accepted thier failings while bowing down in awe of thier superior skills we may have avoided this catastrophe.

What we are left to hope is that a new god will appear.  One that is just and fair who may lead us to a new promised land where air combat is the be all end all of our cartoon existence.  But who is this new god?  Show us a sigh!  Give us hope for a better tomorrow!

:D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2013, 02:02:24 AM »

What we are left to hope is that a new god will appear.  One that is just and fair who may lead us to a new promised land where air combat is the be all end all of our cartoon existence.  But who is this new god?  Show us a sigh!  Give us hope for a better tomorrow!

Of mortal men? Ahh, it shall not be, he is coming, we shall all get ready as merely an imposter has been vanquished.

Beware of sorcerers claiming to know the identity, for they shall take their sphere and vanish too when the one makes his presence. Only then will achievements be made in earnest.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2013, 06:56:06 AM »
so did he submit it or get rid of it?

You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2013, 07:13:31 AM »
so did he submit it or get rid of it?

Does anyone care at this point?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone