Author Topic: Choose the next Map?  (Read 1756 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Choose the next Map?
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:41:05 AM »
Now I am kind of new to the BBS etc. so I am not sure whether this has been asked for and is a horrible idea, so don't flame at me please  :uhoh lol

I had an idea earlier of a Battlefield 3 type of map selection, where at the end of a map, or once someone wins a map, something pops up in the chat buffer and says "Choose the next map" and it gave you a choice of 4 (therefore the same map cannot be picked over and over) you type .1 .2 .3 or .4 for whichever map you want next...Obviously the map with the most votes is the map you get next...

So...Thoughts, comments, concerns ?

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: Choose the next Map?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 01:56:14 AM »
+1. 

Maybe even weight the voting to make it more even to the losers or more favorable to the victors.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 03:19:32 AM »
Any map will do, as long as there's no vertical barns and flying ammo trucks.  Jeez' there's even trees at the end of a runway on one of them
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 03:45:14 AM »
and the map that gets picked is probably the easiest to get rolled.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JMD413

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
+1  :aok
Venom

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »
Luke warm to this idea.

Part of me likes the option for players to choose (especially the part where the winners get a heavier vote)  :)

Part of me thinks that we would see the same map played over and over.   :frown:

The best solution would be to have more maps.  Major kudos to those map makers out there but come on HTC, take a break from adding new aircraft and put some labor hours into map making. 
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »
I'd prefer if the map still had to be new.  There could be a rotation formula that doesn't allow the same 2 or 3 maps to be picked over and over again. 

I like most of the maps, a few I love and a few I could about murder someone in front of their own mother if that's what it took to retire them for good.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »
I'd prefer if the map still had to be new.  There could be a rotation formula that doesn't allow the same 2 or 3 maps to be picked over and over again. 

I like most of the maps, a few I love and a few I could about murder someone in front of their own mother if that's what it took to retire them for good.

which would bring us back to rotating every map like we have now.

semp

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
How about we just vote to can that abomination that was up for almost a week.  It (FINALLY) went down last night
(F!@#n' A), and we already went through two more last night (everyone pent up a little?).

I mean seriously, how many more week-long sessions are we gonna have like the last one before it goes away or changes, and we can have more fun (or rather, avoid smashing our heads into the wall)?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »
How about we just vote to can that abomination that was up for almost a week.  It (FINALLY) went down last night
(F!@#n' A), and we already went through two more last night (everyone pent up a little?).

I mean seriously, how many more week-long sessions are we gonna have like the last one before it goes away or changes, and we can have more fun (or rather, avoid smashing our heads into the wall)?

I can do you one better since you hate the map I made. I just won't bother submitting the new one Ive been putting so many hundreds of hours into building to give good fights to finicky players.

better yet you could explain what you do not like about it to me in coherent terms that will address your concerns. by doing this it could actually have your opinions addressed in the current map I am updating or even in OZkansas being changed when it is updated.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:15:28 PM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »
I usually dont look or think before i speak

:rofl
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »
Good looking maps Fesbot! dont let the haters get to ya bro :cool:
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 01:18:58 AM »

I can do you one better since you hate the map I made. I just won't bother submitting the new one Ive been putting so many hundreds of hours into building to give good fights to finicky players.

it's nothing against you personally.  it's just that the current map rotation has been around forever.  we havent had a new map in a long time and the frustration is showing.  guys are just tired of the same maps.

the "problem" that I see with ozkansas is the 20k mountains down the middle.  they force you to either horde one base while the enemy ups and equally size horde to defend.  that and the fact that 1/2 the players just either camp at v135 (or whatever is the camping ground in the middle of the map ) or spawn camp to get killed there.

as for submitting the new one, that is your call, we have no saying in that.  we are grateful that people do spend a lot of time and submit maps that allow us to play.  so dont take this personally but I for one wont kiss your buttt to play in the new one.  but if you decide to submit it and it gets into the rotation I do thank you for it.

semp

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 08:42:19 AM »
thats trinity. ozkansas is the island map with tons of carriers and a tank/fighter/town in the center with a bunch of vbases.

and only thing that is holding me back from submitting my new map is finishing the soul crushing texture patterns that take forever to make look good. :)
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
Any map will do, as long as there's no vertical barns and flying ammo trucks.  Jeez' there's even trees at the end of a runway on one of them
I like the runways with big mountains at each end.  :uhoh :aok :joystick: