Author Topic: whats the perk breakdown on objects?  (Read 909 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
whats the perk breakdown on objects?
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:44:56 AM »
where can I find how many perks which objects are worth? ie: town building, gun emplacement, soft gun battery, ammo bunker, fuel bunker, troop barracks etc.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: whats the perk breakdown on objects?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 01:46:02 AM »
Good question, along with hard guns on cv's, ship destroyed, etc
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 04:43:12 AM »
sheeps are highest with 29 perks a piece :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 07:34:22 AM »
I have never seen a list of the OBJ values of structures. I did some own tests for a few selected objects and came to these OBJ ratings:

Town Building 100
Gun Emplacement 100
City Tile  100 (!)
(Bomber) Hangar 20
Shore Battery 20
Ords Bunker 40
CA (ship only, no guns) ~4

Perk gain is computed the same way as against planes or GV, with OBJ replacing ENY.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:39:04 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:59:23 AM »
HQ is worth 24,000 points

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
HQ is worth 24,000 points

surely not the perk points the OP has asked for ;)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 10:33:44 AM »
I have never seen a list of the OBJ values of structures. I did some own tests for a few selected objects and came to these OBJ ratings:

Perk gain is computed the same way as against planes or GV, with OBJ replacing ENY.

I'm stupid. How does that work? I thought perks ~ [ENY me]/[ENY bandit].  So OBJ are ratio'd for damage perks? 
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »
I'm stupid. How does that work? I thought perks ~ [ENY me]/[ENY bandit]. 

Yes, that's how it works. And for destryoing objects (no perks for only damaging them) it works the same. Only this time not your plane's (or GV) ENY rating is used but it's OBJ rating (divided by the super-secret OBJ value of the item you did destroy). Landing and country balance modifier do apply.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 12:23:37 PM »
So, basically don't worry to much about it and have fun because it can change depending on a lot of factors at any one given moment.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 12:31:39 PM »
The city tile needs to be adjusted upwards for both perk and score rewards.  If need be make them tougher as well, but that is the biggest issue causing bombing town centers as opposed to the city to be the way to be "successful" in bombers.

Lusche, any idea as to what a good value for the city tile might be?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »
I'd tripple it at least. So many times I've done strat runs and made it through over an hour long bomber sortie (1.5 hours sometimes) to land with 5 perks at BEST.... And by the time I land it's just about respawned anyways.

Tripple at the bare minimum. Make it 10x higher if you want folks to actually attempt to bomb it regularly.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 12:55:38 PM »
I'd actually enjoy doing Mosquito XVI trips to the "big city" as it feels a lot more historical due to the fact that Mosquito XVIs did a lot of sorties carrying a 'cookie' to Berlin but it is just not worth doing in any way in AH.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 01:15:56 PM »
Yes, that's how it works. And for destryoing objects (no perks for only damaging them) it works the same. Only this time not your plane's (or GV) ENY rating is used but it's OBJ rating (divided by the super-secret OBJ value of the item you did destroy). Landing and country balance modifier do apply.

Thanks Lusche.  :salute

I was confused because I always ignored the OBJ value of a plane. I know they are listed in the hangar, but I've never read them so I wasn't sure how they varied. Is the OBJ value of a plane, the max points you can earn by damaging it? (including an additional 1.0 point for "killing" it.)   :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »
Is the OBJ value of a plane, the max points you can earn by damaging it? (including an additional 1.0 point for "killing" it.)   :salute

Ok, you are more cinfused than I thought  :D :bolt:

The OBJ rating of your plane is the one that is used to determine perks gained by killing structures - town buildings for example. It's only used for that single purpose. And for that purpose it works the same way like ENY rating works for determining perks gained by killing other planes.

Kill another plane or vehicle:  perks gained = (Your ENY) / (Enemy ENY) x current perk bonus modifier x landing modifier
Kill a building: perks gained = (Your OBJ) / (This structures OBJ) x current perk bonus modifier x landing modifier

Note that unlike score points, damaging stuff doesn't give perks at all. Only killed planes or objects result in a perk gain.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 01:36:17 PM »
I'd tripple it at least. So many times I've done strat runs and made it through over an hour long bomber sortie (1.5 hours sometimes) to land with 5 perks at BEST.... And by the time I land it's just about respawned anyways.

When I was still bombing the strats regularly, a good part of my perk gain resulted from bombing the flak towers in there and maybe two or three random town centers on my way.
For comparison, a good hit on a flak tower is worth four or five city tiles, while a good 1000lb drop can easily give you as many perks as 25 city squares. A bit disappointing if you consider the constant heavy ack fire and the ease of interception...

But for now I wait for any possible strat changes in the next update. I have heard some rumors and now I'm curious if there is actually some substance to it. The only fact that I do know for sure is that HT is aware of at least some of the issues... ;)