Author Topic: A big <SALUTE> to Oboe  (Read 615 times)

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
A big <SALUTE> to Oboe
« on: June 17, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »
Thanks for all the fun fights today. Although I only won one (on a boarder line cheap shot imo) out of about 6 or 7, it was a blast! You flew that Ki61 amazingly. I had the most fun I've had in a while here. Now when are you guys (80th) gonna give me some bomber training so I can actually kill a few of you once in a while?  :pray :devil. Thanks again!  :salute :salute :cheers:

PewterC5 in a 38g < Oboe in a Ki61

Also Foureyes was another fun fight in his Spit8. Nice flying and a big <S> to you as well. I wish I had more days in the MA's like this.  :x :salute :airplane:

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: A big <SALUTE> to Oboe
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 09:24:31 PM »
Oboe's the man. :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 09:29:06 PM »
Oboe's the man. :aok

Yes he is. 

- oldman

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »
 :salute  Dunno how I missed this thread til now!

Pewter, those were awesome fights -- I couldn't believe the way you rack that '38G around.  Your hammerhead is an airshow-quality thing of beauty.  (Well technically might not be a hammerhead but you get the ship to swap nose-tail beautifully at the top of the climb).  You are much better in the G than I am!   Look any of the 80th up in the MA anytime!  But I'll be taking lessons from you, not the other way around.

I got on a Tony kick and have been flying it all tour.  It is under-powered, but nicely maneuverable, and woe betide the pilot who strays in front of its nose!   It seems to have one of the most effective close range snapshot gun packages I've ever flown.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:04:14 PM by oboe »

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Oboe, but you out flew me at every turn. Did you by chance film those fights? I didn't, but wouldn't mind seeing them to see where I can improve. If not we'll just have to meet up and you can  :ahand me again  :D

:joystick: :aok :salute

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 06:14:44 AM »
I'll have to check.  I have a habit of not filming tho, so its doubtful.   S!