Author Topic: What a bunch of crap!!!  (Read 6761 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: What a bunch of crap!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »

Everybody can 'farm' perks, but not at the rate that was claimed, i.e. 200 in 'a few hours'. Someone who is able to do so has long left the "average" status.
Same goes for someone attaining a K/D of 7+ in fighter mode like you have. He may claim being "average", but in fact he has left the average status long time ago. The true "average player" can only dream of such a feat, even when he's really trying for it.
I can only rehash: The skill level of Mr Average is greatly overrated. Many of us here on the board have forgotten what it really means to be average, in fact quite a few have never been.

FYI
(Image removed from quote.)

You forget I've been playing for one year straight. Given an "Average" player like me a year to practice and learn, pretty sure others can achieve the same level.
JG 52

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2012, 08:13:25 PM »
Butcher ! RULE :)
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2012, 08:24:06 PM »
You forget I've been playing for one year straight. Given an "Average" player like me a year to practice and learn, pretty sure others can achieve the same level.

You are missing the point. Once you have trained an average player to be at such an level, he is not average anymore. If you are looking for the average, you have to look at things how they actually are at any given moment. So again: If you take an average player and tell him to farm 200 perks now, he won't be able to do so in a few hours.

And I even disagree with the content of that quote of yours. Even after one year of practice, the overwhelming majority of players will not come even close to your stats. Even when you look at long term players, only a fraction does ever gets anywhere near that. But the average is anonymus, we only see the "stars" in the skies of AH.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
Haven't lost my connection in months, my internet has been nearly perfect, NEVER lose session due to "Changing your  session from TCP to UDP" or whatever. I get in my 262 = 177 perks chasing a Moderator...? in 3 B-29's and I get my session changed & lose all my perkies. BS!!  You wanna disco me, fine, you don't want it in lights I killed your Ubber Pilot fine...what a bunch of Crappola! Gimme my perks back & go screw with someone else. Yes & you & I both know when ya get disco'd the video save option is gone...mighty convenient. I work to hard for my perks. Go screw with someone who has 20,000 perks.. :furious  Oh can ya tell I'm peaved... This is not professional behavior in any way.   :bhead :ahand & I don't care who likes it!

Immaturity and ignorance in public is always embarrassing in the end.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »
Immaturity and ignorance in public is always embarrassing in the end.

Hey!  It's never bothered me!

- oldman (off to watch "Lawrence of Arabia" again)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2012, 08:35:09 PM »
 :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Yeah right HTC has it out for you.   :noid

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2012, 08:43:09 PM »
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »
You are missing the point. Once you have trained an average player to be at such an level, he is not average anymore. If you are looking for the average, you have to look at things how they actually are at any given moment. So again: If you take an average player and tell him to farm 200 perks now, he won't be able to do so in a few hours.

And I even disagree with the content of that quote of yours. Even after one year of practice, the overwhelming majority of players will not come even close to your stats. Even when you look at long term players, only a fraction does ever gets anywhere near that. But the average is anonymus, we only see the "stars" in the skies of AH.

I'm curious how average vs median works out .. Because I've seen your graphs on stuff like hit % and like 90% of players are below 5% (?)..  if you took median, it would even be less, yeah? because the real top shots are skewing the average to the high end when you average.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »
I'm curious how average vs median works out .. Because I've seen your graphs on stuff like hit % and like 90% of players are below 5% (?)..  if you took median, it would even be less, yeah? because the real top shots are skewing the average to the high end when you average.

:headscratch:

I'm not sure if I really understand what you mean. To clarify (maybe *g*): In that graph above there is no 'average' nor 'median' line shown. It shows the actual distribution of the respective values over the whole active AH player population, from 'best' player at the left to the 'worst' player on the right.
The 10, 25, 50 percent lines are simply indicating parts of the total population.

Offline Hoffman

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »
Pff you're upset over a disco'd 262?  Try vulching a spitfire and augering your 262.(At least I got him.)  That's something worth being upset over, a disco you have no control over.

Sheesh.  Take a lesson from EvE Online.  If you can't afford to lose it.  Don't fly it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2012, 10:20:59 PM »
Try vulching a spitfire and augering your 262.(At least I got him.) 

This evening I tried to pick a vulching Hurricane in my 262 and augered without even getting a kill  :lol

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2012, 10:22:13 PM »
Hmmm...well the the title of the thread defines the content of the opening post perfectly .... In fact I don't believe I have ever seen a title match post so well before :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:25:17 PM by SPKmes »

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2012, 10:36:13 PM »
:headscratch:

I'm not sure if I really understand what you mean. To clarify (maybe *g*): In that graph above there is no 'average' nor 'median' line shown. It shows the actual distribution of the respective values over the whole active AH player population, from 'best' player at the left to the 'worst' player on the right.
The 10, 25, 50 percent lines are simply indicating parts of the total population.

I wasn't meaning any particular graph, I just recall seeing the distribution.. most people are not even average! So, "average" might even be a long shot for most people. Most people think average = median.. thats all I'm getting at.

median = half below and half above.

ie. 5 10 10 30 30 50.  average = 22.5, median = 20

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »
Arabia ? what is that WWII ? lol
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2012, 10:43:30 PM »
Time to stop flying lowbie eny planes and start farming perks, shouldn't take but few hours to get 200 perks.

It took me over a year to get to 300 perks flying brewsters, mossies, 38js, and f4fs... along with the occasional spit 5 or spit 9