Author Topic: Funny things, lets tell your stories  (Read 2158 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: Funny things, lets tell your stories
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2012, 05:27:38 AM »
^^^^^^^both are very true,so take it from someone who knows.....beware of bailey in fso...if your his squaddie. :lol

Did i mention im looking for a squad to fly FSO with?

Wait.....Note to self.......tell that story after ur in the new squad stupid.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:36:30 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Hawk78th

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2012, 05:56:41 AM »
Flying with Squaddies, we come upon a pair of 109's.... apparently AFK..... they haven't moved an inch in the last minute since we've ID'd them.

I'm talking over Team Speak, with my wingman, who is relatively new to the game about what I want him to do, set him up for an easy kill on one of the 109's....He's doing well at this point, keeping the closure rate quick, just like me..... and he's starting to fall back behind me,...... probably 'cause I have WEP on & he doesn't....

I ask "where are you".....  he see's the 109, ready for the kill.... but I'm not ready for gun solutions yet... so I ask him....   "How can U be ready, If I'm not close enough yet.."

At this point, I'm looking over my Shoulders, trying to figure out where he is... NO vis.... so I pull my throttle back (just a bit) & keep looking... Still no vis.......

I'm now at the 109's SIX and gonna miss the Kill, if I don't FIRE very soon.....  So I told my wingman... "Fire if you have the shot"......

As I turn back from looking at my SIX, (**I figure he's quite a bit behind me and must be below me by now...) I KNOW the guns solution I have on this 109 is Perfect, so I open up.... ALL guns just a blazing away...

I no sooner have my guns firing and I see my wingman's tracers ripping into the 109..... and SO are mine...., But  my wingman is now 15' off my nose..... and INSIDE my tracers......

PLINK.... PLINK... I'm dead.......

Kill shooter wins again.     :bhead 
JHawk  (in Game)

Offline chewie86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2012, 12:26:24 PM »
some years ago, I was climbing, above 10k with a squadmate. A numbers' guy sent me a request to join in my plane and I let him in saying <<welcome aboard sir>>.
After 5 seconds on radio I sorta screamed <<Have a nice ride down, beach!!>> and bailed out.

That was good 5 minutes laugh on Teamspeak.  :rofl
Lube & Shame "peneduro"
My AH2 videos
SDL SEASON 1 Champions:
Loose Deuce
, ~Black Leather & Pink Slippers~

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2012, 12:41:11 PM »
some years ago, I was climbing, above 10k with a squadmate. A numbers' guy sent me a request to join in my plane and I let him in saying <<welcome aboard sir>>.
After 5 seconds on radio I sorta screamed <<Have a nice ride down, beach!!>> and bailed out.

That was good 5 minutes laugh on Teamspeak.  :rofl

Okay this made me RAFF OUT ROUD.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
droping my external fuel tank, dive on a bad guy putting a steady stream of bullets in him, and watch him fly away because I didn't have my secondary guns selected.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »
Just last night, surrounded and alone with 5 different planes attacking me, decide to have a little fun and pull an extreme maneuver, watch as 3 of the enemy planes auger into the ground trying to get a shot in. A 4th guy got me though, but it was a lot of fun  :D

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2012, 01:13:25 PM »
dropping 14 x 1000 pound bombs on a single ack in town because I killed HQ on the previous sortie.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »
dropping all 6,000lbs of my ord on one flak gun because I forgot to reset my salvo to 1.

I upped a formation of betties with the four bomb loadout,  I have only been in the air for 15 minutes circling the field to gain some alt, as my wife walks by she decides she wants to mess with me by pressing buttons on the joystick. so which one does she press a bunch of times you ask? why none other than the bright red, illuminated one that is my secondary weapon fire button.  I just sigh loudly as I shake my head and change my formation's attitude from gaining alt to losing alt and prep for a landing. She thought it was just harmless fun until she asked why I was trying to land all of a sudden and I had to explain to her that the betties don't have bay doors and that she just blasted some poor farmers field in friendly territory using all my ord.

flying the #2 spot in a fighter sweep with the squad, in a c-hog. I step away while on auto climb to use the head.  A few minutes later I'm done and walking back to the computer. I pass my 6 year old son on the way and he stops me to tell me "don't worry dad, I got that badguy in front of your plane for you; but you died too".   My squadies are discussing why I would teamshoot myself in a perked ride as I sit back down at a computer screen with a lovely view of the tower.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2012, 01:26:52 PM »
Years ago... I'm in a shore battery waiting for an enemy CV to sweep into my field of fire. I see a low formation of B-17s headed almost directly at me. I elevate the gun, take a guess at lead and elevation and fire.

The 8" round arcs across the sky and hits the lead B-17 in the cockpit... All three go poof.

999000 sends me a salute...
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2012, 01:27:26 PM »
She thought it was just harmless fun

Here's how that action would have gone down at my house:

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2012, 01:28:22 PM »
Years ago... I'm in a shore battery waiting for an enemy CV to sweep into my field of fire. I see a low formation of B-17s headed almost directly at me. I elevate the gun, take a guess at lead and elevation and fire.

The 8" round arcs across the sky and hits the lead B-17 in the cockpit... All three go poof.

999000 sends me a salute...

That's not a funny story, that is an EPIC story of AWESOME and SPARKLY FALLING STARS.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
Flying a goon along a hillside with the intent of taking the enemy field just across the way as my old squad was working it over. Low flight of B17's fly across and above my path from my 3:00 to my 9:00. His guns are just spraying away frantically at me as I pass under him. "Boom! Boom! Boom!"

"thndrEGG landed 3 victories in a C47 of Birds of Prey"

B17's don't hold up to a head-on collision with a hill.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »
That's not a funny story, that is an EPIC story of AWESOME and SPARKLY FALLING STARS.

No
Wag more, bark less.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2012, 04:04:43 PM »
  Seems like whenever Im at 15k looking down on a victim at 8k, there is someone at 25k looking down on me.

~AoM~

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »
  Seems like whenever Im at 15k looking down on a victim at 8k, there is someone at 25k looking down on me.
LOL, so true.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF