Author Topic: "Starter" plane (s)  (Read 6973 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: "Starter" plane (s)
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2012, 04:26:36 PM »
A new pilot has already his hands full learning combat SA, how to read the map, judging Energy, how to aim and so on.
He need's an "easy to use plane" - meaning no 'secrets' ot very specific tricks he has to learn (like flaps dpeloyment in a F4U for eample)  , no severe handling issues (like a 109 at speed) and enpugh speed, maneuverability and not at least firepower (including ammo supply!).

A Spit 8 or 9 fits the requirement quite well.

:O  Pray tell all secrets, please.

Please place said list of secrets in a reply msg.  Thank you.

:noid

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »
What exactly are those "bad habits" which a Spit will somehow force upon a new player?

Shooting down other aeroplanes with substantial frequency? :rolleyes:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
What exactly are those "bad habits" which a Spit will somehow force upon a new player?

the spitfire does everything good..... you can perform maneuvers that will leave you in a bad way yet still be able to pull it back around or go vertical or whatever it is you need to do, at any givin moment..... which you can not do in almost every other plane in AH.....

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »
the spitfire does everything good..... you can perform maneuvers that will leave you in a bad way yet still be able to pull it back around or go vertical or whatever it is you need to do, at any givin moment..... which you can not do in almost every other plane in AH.....

Doing one thing good in a plane which another can't do as good is a 'bad habit'? :headscratch:

And the things you are describing are exactly the reason why I would recommend the Spit to a newcomer. That's exactly what a 'trainer' is there for - helping a player to get his feet wet.
According to the "it's too good" logic we should put new players in the P-40C ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »

"They can't take the Spitfires Mitch!  They can't take 'em!" -- The First of The Few

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 04:48:57 PM »
Doing one thing good in a plane which another can't do as good is a 'bad habit'? :headscratch:

And the things you are describing are exactly the reason why I would recommend the Spit to a newcomer. That's exactly what a 'trainer' is there for - helping a player to get his feet wet.
According to the "it's too good" logic we should put new players in the P-40C ;)

or Storches.... :rofl

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 04:49:56 PM »

that's pushing it a bit dont ya think :rolleyes:

"They can't take the Spitfires Mitch!  They can't take 'em!" -- The First of The Few

you are a perfect example of what I am talking about

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »
 :old: Again, Bruv has spoken.

Winner of multiple T.O.C. annual events.  Winner of countless KOTHs, Dueling championships, etc.   Consistantly, and with substantial frequency, landing multiple victories in a variety of aeroplanes.

Bruv's credentials are unquestioned. :old:

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2012, 04:57:03 PM »

Winner of multiple T.O.C. annual events.  Winner of countless KOTHs, Dueling championships, etc.   Consistantly, and with substantial frequency, landing multiple victories in a variety of aeroplanes.

:rofl

:rolleyes:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »

I really wish you would keep this routine of yours out of the Help and Training section.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »
I really wish you would keep this routine of yours out of the Help and Training section.

Stating facts, Lusche.  Do you question my facts?

How much better advice can someone get than to know who is one of the best fighter pilots, and most knowledgable with regards to fighting and consistantly winning in a variety of aeroplanes.

I wish I had received adivce from the best in my first month.... I didn't, because I didn't know who to listen to. :)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »

I'll second this.  Offer help or shut your yap. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »
Stating facts, Lusche.  Do you question my facts?

How much better advice can someone get than to know who is one of the best fighter pilots, and most knowledgable with regards to fighting and consistantly winning in a variety of aeroplanes.

I wish I had received adivce from the best in my first month.... I didn't, because I didn't know who to listen to. :)

yes I do question your "facts" as being relevant, if I were bruv I would be embarrassed and a bit pissed every time you use my name.

what lusche said take it elsewhere.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »
I'll second this.  Offer help or shut your yap. :aok

I absolutely did and am offerring sincere help... is that not obvious?  Who else is emphasizing that someone new should find out what the best among us thinks?  Obviously Bruv's advice carries much more weight than others, me, for example.

Listen to and learn from the best, find out who they are, that's my advice. :aok

Also, note morfiend... an outstanding trainer for basic flying and fighter skills.  Listening to him should also carry more weight, imho. :salute

My first few months, I received so many opinions, most differring from others (and often conflicting), I was totally confused as to what to do and how to get better and was shot down so much I was getting dejected.  It wasn't until I found out who the best pilots were that could fly a variety of aeroplanes (to get rid of bias for favorites), and listened to trainers such as morfiend, that the confusion dissipated and I made substantial progress.  As you can see just in this thread, there is little consistancy and strong feelings from many.  Again, my advice... find out who the best pilots are, find out who the official trainers are in the TA.... and listen to them to avoid the confusion and make fast progress.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:13:00 PM by Midway »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
I absolutely did and am offerring sincere help... is that not obvious?  Who else is emphasizing that someone new should find out what the best among us thinks?  Obviously Bruv's advice carries much more weight than others, me, for example.

Midway you don't help you troll, this isn't the place for your trolling the general discussion is.
JG 52