Author Topic: "Starter" plane (s)  (Read 6946 times)

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
Re: "Starter" plane (s)
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2012, 12:25:07 AM »
any plane can be good, fly to its strengths, know its weakness', and prepare to learn/die a lot.

Key is to turn on auto filming, save your films and watch/study them. . . after awhile you start to see what you did wrong, what you did right, and what needs improvement.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »
give it a rest Midway....

to the OP...what you need to think about is what do you want to accomplish in game?????

to you want to become the bomber king? fighter jock of the year? do you want to be a general and attack the map and win wars?

there is a lot in AH to do...once you figure that out, then choose a suitable plane IE TOOL for the job, I can only help with the "fighter" portion of AH....the best fighter in MO is the KI-84 it does everything good or better,it is not quite an "easy mode" the one thing it lacks is High speed, over 500 and pieces start to come off....so running is not an option for the most part.

spitfires are an easier plane to use more forgiving but they also teach you bad habits that will be hard to break.

stay out of the gang that also teaches you nothing.  go to DA/TA and just fight as much as you can...if you like the MA do the same thing there, fight.....dont run, running teaches you nothing.

QFT x 10 + Tax
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2012, 10:36:34 PM »
Hello,
What would be a reasonable choice to start  with ?  Looking for something that can keep up with the pack so i don't get myself isolated and out of my depth.
That's all I've been doing so far, staying in the pack and trying to work out what the hell I'm doing   :)

I am going on my second week and the first thought was all about "Gun Package". If I was not a good stick then I better make use of the lil bit of a shot I get. So the 190a8 and the N1K2 were yelling "Fly me!!!" however I did not know enough about "Basic Combat Manuvers" too understand flight combat. Got with a few great guys on my fourth night of flying and we were doing stall limit and slow speed turning to bring out those aircrafts strengths... in a P51- B we started doing vertical work and made me thing in a different direction entirely. Airplanes are like tools and the hanger is a toolbox, put the right tools into the job. I figured out that turn fighting down low and slow just does not happen even after I show someone my arse and bait them too the deck. Most all sticks in game will simply not be baited into turn fightsso a new mentailty has emerged and so on and so on....

Fly every plane in multiple settings and see which one you like as a main "do everything you like too do" plane... I like turn fighting so lately im upping the Brewster regardless of how slow and the lack of ammo.... It turns like nonononono YESSSSSS!!!! Slow and greesy in that rolling sissors means im shooting at you.

In my very limited exp... The Brewster should be THE starter plane. Very forgiving on stalls. Very limited ammo will teach you trigger control and also how to use your secondary and primary fire and not your fire all guns. I would go out on a limb with this statement but.... new sticks will turn and get tunnel vision thinking in just left and right not also up and down so the Brewster is what jumps out at me. On a side note it was in the Brewster I landed not only my first fighter kill but also my first 2v1 victory where they splashed and i landed.

Hope this helps

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2012, 11:19:07 PM »
If you havent looked at my stuff before you can look here its all the training style videos Ive put up so far. Something good to look at in your spare time.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE4C59347B00&feature=view_all
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2012, 01:48:35 PM »
 :salute Vudu

I watched every video it all helps and reaffirms what others have taught me!

OP watch them all three times over there is a ton of information.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »

chicks dig bomber pilots,dont let the spit crowd fool you. Jump in a 38 and have fun   :banana:
 then when you get bored with the 38 you can graduate to the A-20  :airplane: 

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2012, 05:41:49 PM »
then when you get bored with the 38 you can graduate to the A-20  :airplane: 

A person doesn't "graduate" to the A-20.  They wash out of fighter school and get dumped in an A-20.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2012, 07:07:25 PM »
A person doesn't "graduate" to the A-20.  They wash out of fighter school and get dumped in an A-20.

ack-ack

see, the dropout has spoken  :P     :bolt:

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2012, 07:47:41 PM »

see, the dropout has spoken  :P     :bolt:

Certainly has:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,327531.msg4287434.html#msg4287434  

1,000 of lil' ole me? :banana:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline GAReaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2012, 12:18:32 AM »
In my very limited exp... The Brewster should be THE starter plane. Very forgiving on stalls.

I wouldn't recommend it for specifically that reason. You will get so used to having to put little to no effort into not stalling and that is a very bad thing for once you move on to another plane. Honestly in my personal opinion if a new player can stand getting shot down multiple times while learning and still be interested in the game, start with a harder plane that is harder to fly. Once they are able to fly a harder plane well then it makes the game a heck of a lot easier. Just my two cents, but again its all about what each individual person wants honestly. Because at the end of the day it has to be something they enjoy flying and have fun in for them to stay interested and want to play.
Bones87
56th FG Zemke's Wolfpack