Author Topic: Remove the fantasy - Ar-234  (Read 15353 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Remove the fantasy - Ar-234
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2012, 09:09:51 PM »
It still shows that aircraft were flown to other locations to have that equipment fitted.

If the book was wrong about that particular aircraft that says nothing about the production aircraft
and your ferry pilot link states that he flew the aircraft without guns to where the final equipment was fitted.
Maybe it reads differently in German but I assume he's talking about his personal experience.

The problem with the video is that we don't know that date it was filmed. It could have been filmed prior to equipment being installed.
The 2 Arado's taking off afterwards had the periscope but you can't read the fuselage ID. I expect they're different a/c but the point is
that you have a date for equipment being added and no date for the video.

As to the Rüstsatz those appear to be packages to convert the bomber to other roles not to convert the airframe to the bomber roll.

You are clearly convinced that none of them had guns, I'm OK with that, you may be correct, but I don't see compelling evidence.

As I said we shall agree to disagree. :aok

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »
As I said we shall agree to disagree. :aok

Interesting thread.  :cheers:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2012, 04:46:56 AM »
Weight and balance seems to indicate that our 234 should be tail heavy when it has the guns installed.

I will repeat my wish/request in August.  :salute
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Denniss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »
The periscope is not directly related to rear guns, as the Ar 234 had almost nil view to the rear it was required to spot enemy aircraft closing-in from the rear.
And please do not assume an installation in production aircraft if this system was tested in a prototype - lots of weapon kits were only found in protos but were never used in prod a/c.

In 1944 it was not uncommon to produce the basic aircraft in assembly plants and to fly it to equipment centers to install special bomb, recon or other equipment for its designated combat role. So the assembly plant could concentrate on churning out as many a/c as possible while the equipment centers were used to fit special stuff.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2012, 10:50:58 PM »
Perked ord system would be perfect for this situation.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2012, 01:16:04 AM »
Might also help bombers take over as the main heavy lifters again.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2012, 02:49:48 AM »
Perked ord system would be perfect for this situation.
:headscratch:

Explain what situation?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »
The situation where fighter pilots carry ord? I think it should be automatic on fighters that choose ord that the category goes automatically to attack. No self-respecting fighter pilot willingly chooses to carry ord... ever.

Insisting on perk costs is just silly.  :headscratch:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2012, 07:49:55 AM »
The situation where fighter pilots carry ord? I think it should be automatic on fighters that choose ord that the category goes automatically to attack. No self-respecting fighter pilot willingly chooses to carry ord... ever.

Insisting on perk costs is just silly.  :headscratch:
I disagree.  Ords should cost something. If this game is a war simulator  then costs for fuel , ords, and ac/gv all should have a cost
The cost should be higher for the side that has numbers.

Edit : I do however agree with you wanting the most accurate representation for ac.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:15:14 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2012, 09:23:53 PM »
I disagree.  Ords should cost something. If this game is a war simulator  then costs for fuel , ords, and ac/gv all should have a cost
The cost should be higher for the side that has numbers.

Edit : I do however agree with you wanting the most accurate representation for ac.
I believe they do have a cost . In performance .

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
:headscratch:

Explain what situation?
This situation. The situation in which we currently are involved with.

Spelling it out, if there is evidence both ways, perk the guns and leave them on.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2012, 12:00:53 AM »
There isnt any evidence the guns ever flew on a 234. Go through all of Lyrics evidence. Ignore FLS as he is just making it up as he goes.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2012, 09:54:09 AM »
There isnt any evidence the guns ever flew on a 234. Go through all of Lyrics evidence. Ignore FLS as he is just making it up as he goes.

Reading is fundamental.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »
Plenty of conflicting evidence that I see.

FlyKommando.com

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
Plenty of conflicting evidence that I see.

Not really, newer records/documentation as presented by Lyric in these threads shows they were never found on any destroyed or captured examples.  Confusing, huh?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.