Author Topic: Video play back on laptop and desktop  (Read 324 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Video play back on laptop and desktop
« on: July 04, 2012, 12:13:42 PM »
Hey guys,

I've recently bought a new video camera that takes HD video (1920x1080), but I'm having trouble playing back the videos on both my laptop and my desktop. I use Windows Media Player to play them back but they're jumpy and freeze up constantly, there's never any smooth playback. The files are .MTS so I don't know if WMP can't handle those files or if the quality is to high. Real Player does the same thing.

I did covert a couple of them to HD .m2t files and playback was almost perfect save for a couple little skips. I would just convert all of them to .m2t files but I have over 100GB's of video that would need to be converted.

Is there a way to adjust some setting in WMP to allow for better playback or are there programs out there that can handle the HD playback?

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: Video play back on laptop and desktop
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:18:53 PM »
VLC player is worth a try, but I presume your files are uncompressed video files (think bmp files on top of each other) and these kind of files will highly stress any system on playback. You may be forced to convert them for smooth playback.
now posting as SirNuke