Author Topic: Changing of the Guard Frame 01 AXIS AAR Comments  (Read 5026 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Changing of the Guard Frame 01 AXIS AAR Comments
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2012, 06:37:53 AM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,259352.0.html

Throw 'em out now and save the trouble of just having to do it later.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2012, 07:20:12 AM »
Bone! I dont drink and post on the BBS, I fly perk planes and crash into mountains - Although Shifty did point out one detail - the Ki-61s were moved into Wewak airfield to reinforce, and the Ki-49 and Betty was the standard bombers, however the Ki-43 was the main stay fighter in the area, Lae and other sat fields throughout the area. I simply pointed out if he's talking historical - then how does the Ki-67 substitute for the Ki-49? Its extremely fast and heavily armed with armor. Betty would of been a more honest trade off if you are talking historical terms.
Another funny number, the Ki-61s were plagued by mechanical problems pointed out in the book "Fire in the skies" where replacement parts were not simple to come by, a mechanic couldn't simply go to a destroyed plane at the end of the runway and get spare parts, if he did this he was destroying his emperors personal aircraft and a big NO NO. Not like american, for example VT-8 once ripped apart a bunch of aircrafts to patch together one TBM on Guadalcanal just to do bombing sorties, ironically when replacement planes came in the aircraft crashed on landing few days later.
Japanese had a horrible logistics problem in the Pacific, simply put a mechanic couldn't take spare parts off one plane to fix another, they had to wait for spare parts.

I was simply pointing the historical aspects as being a little off. Here we point Ki-61s are historically "added" to the scenario, but were flying planes that didnt see service until later in the war, I don't even recall one 67 over Wewak or Lae for that matter.

I know there is balancing to go along with the FSO and such, I was just being pesky over fact I hate it being misrepresented so badly.

/shutters at thought of Bf110 for Ki-45s
You can point them out all day. There will always be historical inaccuracies. If you don't want them, make a time machine and go live in world war two.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2012, 11:47:24 AM »
Spikes words cant describe how stupid that made you look.  :bhead

A "Time Machine"? You can do better.  :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:51:47 AM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »
So I read this:
I wont resort to talking smack about you or the group you come from.

Then this:
Spikes words cant describe how stupid that made you look.  :bhead

Oh the irony.

How do I look stupid anyway? What about my post doesn't make sense that labels me stupid? If it were to be 100% completely accurate, you would have to be living it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:44:11 PM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2012, 12:55:22 PM »
From FSO Rules http://www.ahevents.org/fso-rules.html

"1. This is a squad based event

- The purpose of the Friday Squad Operations is to provide players with an environment of fair play as seen in a historical light. This may include strategies, tactics, and logistics that were used during World War II. It may also include adjustments to promote healthy entertainment for FSO.

..."

(emphasis added)

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »
Spikes dont be so delicate,If you cant see it then its not worth bringing to you're attention.

I would rather point an laugh.  :D

Oh the irony.  :aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2012, 01:00:11 PM »

How do I look stupid anyway? What about my post doesn't make sense that labels me stupid? If it were to be 100% completely accurate, you would have to be living it.

Nothing the two people whom he has called unintelligent in this thread have said anything to make themselves seem so.

I guess his thought is if he says it other people will believe it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:10:51 PM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2012, 01:08:06 PM »
Your is possessive.

You're is a contraction for you are.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2012, 01:12:41 PM »
For those new to Special Events out there. Let me say this:

There are 2 things that go into an event; Historical accuracy and play-ability (fun factor). When one supersedes the other stuff gets bad. Frame 1 for example was very accurate yet the play-ability was not great. The best event setups have enough accuracy to pass and the fun factor is through the roof. Battle over Germany, Crimea FSO, Sicilian Stranglehold FSO, etc. all had some inaccuracies but they were in place so that one side would not overwhelm the other. Unfortunately in Pacific events accuracy is tough. We do not have all the Japanese planes we need. However, even if we did it would not be fun due to the overpowered Allied planes relative to the Japanese planes. Our designers do a great job with Pacific events. I have seen some bad ones and this one is not that bad.

In conclusion, Pacific events will NEVER be very accurate due to the planes we have and the fun factor. If an event becomes too historically accurate (especially Pacific) the play-ability is lost as is the fun. It is a give and take with designs. Most people do not understand this and I did not for a long time. Hopefully one day all of the Special Event green guys will understand as well.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »
Spikes words cant describe how stupid that made you look.  :bhead

A "Time Machine"? You can do better.  :)

'Spikes's words can't describe how stupid that made him look.'    OR    'Spikes, words can't describe how stupid that made you look.' ????

I'm having a hard time comprehending.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »
Spikes dont be so delicate,If you cant see it then its not worth bringing to you're attention.

I would rather point an laugh.  :D

Oh the irony.  :aok
I'm not an FSO CM, however some of the things I've seen in this thread may leave a bad taste in others' mouths. I personally don't care but judging by some posts in this thread by certain people, some actually do. Do as you wish.

FlyKommando.com

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »
We simply need more Japanese planes  :noid
JG 52

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2012, 02:09:52 PM »
Doc you are wrong about Spikes comment.  He's right in that you guys are selectively picking history to make your argument.  The problem is you are arguing from the point of view of how the plane set is impacting your fun and not looking at it from the overall design and playability for all.  The PTO plane set for the japanese is limited and beyond that to make it playable for both sides adjustments have to be made. 

Keep in mind the side co decisions come into play as well so squads may not always be in the right spot to make the interception.

In the end the basic premise of your complaint is flawed.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »
I would also like to point out how stupid you made yourself look with that post Shifty.

Damn Bone that is hilarious. Every time you open your mouth you make yourself look like the dumb bellybutton that you are.  :rolleyes:

You also said.. Another thing I honestly would believe Butcher over you any day of the week and without a Doubt I guarantee he knows more about WW2 History than you.

You do not know Shifty or anything about what he knows about WWII. Yet you guarantee things you have no way of knowing. Again you make yourself look stupid. Keep it up you are hilarious and pathetic at the same time, but I am enjoying the show.  :lol

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2012, 02:16:24 PM »
Damn Bone that is hilarious. Every time you open your mouth you make yourself look like the dumb bellybutton that you are.  :rolleyes:
You also said.. Another thing I honestly would believe Butcher over you any day of the week and without a Doubt I guarantee he knows more about WW2 History than you.

I know for fact I don't know everything on WW2, but one thing I thrive is historical accuracy and sourced information, especially when posting in the wishlist forum I consider it taboo to spew garbage rather then facts.

I ranted on about FSO and had no business about it, I do apologize for my stupidity comments - I am passionate about keeping the historical side of WW2 shown, as many MANY players will never know the history side of this game.

Do I want Historical accuracy? of course - I do know this is a game and nothing more.
JG 52