Author Topic: Snailman - K/D  (Read 3946 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Snailman - K/D
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 11:02:22 AM »
I keep an eye on my K/D, but I am not willing to fly conservatively enough to make it really better then 1.8/1.9.  People with 2.5 and higher make me suspicious.

Maybe, just maybe, some of them are better than you? Sometimes, the obvious isn't.....
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 11:04:46 AM »
i would like to know the stuka pilot with the most AtoA kills  :noid

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
I'll save you the trouble...

Fester has the highest K/D

my impecible research and flawless memory that is not at all embelished has found through exhaustive examination that I have killed more cartoon airplanes and died less cartoon deaths than anyone else evar!

LOLOL

Hey, I managed 72/1 in my F6F last tour.. The one loss was to a 5" gun or manned ack, I forget which. About 50% were aircraft, with the rest vehicles and PTs...
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 11:16:17 AM »
I keep an eye on my K/D, but I am not willing to fly conservatively enough to make it really better then 1.8/1.9.  People with 2.5 and higher make me suspicious.

Fly fast planes and don't get caught.  :airplane: Or don't fly into hordes.

Majority of my kills comes from 38J and K4. Relatively fast and can handle themselves in a turn fight. You just have to be careful around hordes.  :aok All of my deaths so far in this tour was from being stupid and going into hordes and trying to get as many kills as I can.  :mad:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 12:31:17 PM »
Fly fast planes and don't get caught.  :airplane: Or don't fly into hordes.

Majority of my kills comes from 38J and K4. Relatively fast and can handle themselves in a turn fight. You just have to be careful around hordes.  :aok All of my deaths so far in this tour was from being stupid and going into hordes and trying to get as many kills as I can.  :mad:

Yep yep Titantic  :uhoh, i try to do the same
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 12:37:09 PM »
I think in fairness they should have a D/K Stat so guys like me can be at the top of a list.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
only score 'horders care about K/D.
nuff said
AoM
City of ice

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 01:09:50 PM »
nuff said
Well, K/D was the only thing I ever cared about.  K/T, hit%, points, et al, never mattered to me.

Nowadays my K/D is so bad I try not to think about it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »
score horders  :rofl
now posting as SirNuke

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »
I love score.  :aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 03:16:31 PM »
One 10 mins scissoring fight worths more than a top10 score at the end of the month... at least, for me  ;)
Its only personal preference anyway. As long as you fight, i dont have any right to judge.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »
I hate getting shot down. it may be more rooted in all my real world flying and flight training. losing even virtual airplanes goes against my grain and I prefer to land them in one piece even if they are just virtual planes. I guess it is a habbit.

every month I look forward to streaking till first death. it is a challenge that entertains me and I enjoy it. even after the streak ends I still hold more value to 5 kills landed over 10 kills and shot down.

k/t and hit% k/s etc never worried me much especially when streaking. all that matters is landing the kills when doing the kill and survive game.

as for the actual rank minigame within the game aces high I participate in the rank 1 competition every other tour or so. sometimes I do not care for the restrictions required to gain high rank such as flying only specific planes and hitting specific targets etc. sometimes it is more fun to fly bombers with tiny bomb loads and fly planes that have horrible dispersion shot gun effects that make high gunnery hit rates unlikely. flying slow obsolete planes that climb badly and hold little ammo don't help in gaining a high score so some tours it is more enjoyable to not even bother with the whole score system and enjoy the whole planeset/vehicleset.

even when flying the weak planes I still prefer to land them.

some people like the furball till dead gameplay style. I say thats great. whatever is fun for them. Ive tried both styles of flying and found I always felt like I messed up if I got cornered by many enemies even if I killed them all. baiting a high enemy is pretty much standard opperating procedure though regardless of flying style because there is always a higher enemy. unless its one of a handful of people the altitude and energy advantage can be neutralized easy enough.

If you like reading about ww2 combat read "the blond knight of germany". a book about hartmanns flying that explained how he came about the strategies he used to survive in the air. he called it head flying vs muscle flying. he did both but ussually the latter only when cornered.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:30:28 PM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »
One 10 mins scissoring fight worths more than a top10 score at the end of the month... at least, for me  ;)
Its only personal preference anyway. As long as you fight, i dont have any right to judge.
Of course.  K/D ratio is just a feel good bit about how well I was doing.  I suspect many non-score oriented players feel the same due to the historical importance of not getting shot down.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »
nuff said

A true score 'horder' does know that the importance of K/D for score is usually vastly overrated  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 04:41:46 PM »
What is K/D?

percentage of a keg consumed divided by the number of deaths you suffer while intoxicated.  the keg is used as that is the average consumption of alcohol by the average player in an average month in aces high.    of course the quantity goes up depending on two reasons.  football season and the anticipation of football season.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.