Author Topic: A Pudknockers Review - The Me410  (Read 2491 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: A Pudknockers Review - The Me410
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 02:51:47 AM »
 :aok :aok :aok Do moar!!!  :cheers:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 03:16:54 PM »
Do the flaps actually work? Guys online were saying today they were testing it but couldn't feel any difference.

I'd have to say yes,though they arent as good as the fowlers on the 38 they do seem to have a noticable effect.

Once you get past 2 notches the drag builds quickly but they definitely hold off the buffet in a stall. If you're asking do they help with turnrate,well thats debatable, I havent had enough time in it for a full evaluation.

:salute

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »
the reason they don't feel it is because they are deploying the flaps in the vert or in a climb to get more nose up - but - the speed is droping so fast that by the time the flaps are in effect, you are already falling out of the sky.  I only have 2 days in it (a bit of time in the offline doing acrobatics) but it is not a real dogfighter.  But no mystery here.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »
410 is a big target that is destroyed easily. it can bnz but to get up to a perch with it climbing slower than a p47 takes time. it gets heavy on the controls at high speed and thus can not attack in a max speed dive nd has to deploy speed brakes and chop throttle... which leaves it without an alt advantage and easy kill for other fighters in a big fight.

it has a fun buff killing 50mm gun that can be fired effectively from 1.5k away from bombers but for whatever reason be it lag or what not when you are 1.5k back from a bomber they will be peppering your plane with mg fire till you die or take damage. however this gun changes the fuselage shape and probably adds more drag and weighs a lot.

mk103 30mm is amazing and more powerful than low velocity mk108 30mm. this option also weighs a ton.

judging by the amount of deaths this plane has accumulated it may be one of the worst planes in the game. it has a turn rate/radius on par with a b25 and if you have that in somthing trying to pose as a fighter... its not going to do well.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 05:14:02 PM »
Only surprise I have is the damage model. Boy is it fragile. But as for the airplane itself? Theres a reason history remembers it as a failed design.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »
 :noid :noid :huh :huh :lol :lol I hoed 4 people and blew them out of the sky!  :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »
Theres a reason history remembers it as a failed design.

Yup.

- oldman

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »

Yup.

- oldman

Only surprise I have is the damage model. Boy is it fragile. But as for the airplane itself? Theres a reason history remembers it as a failed design.

You guys are confusing the Me 410 with the 210
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 09:57:58 AM »
You guys are confusing the Me 410 with the 210
410 was not vastly better than the 210, it just didn't kill its own crews like the 210.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
410 was not vastly better than the 210, it just didn't kill its own crews like the 210.

Wasn't claiming it was vastly better, just saying the 210 was considered the failure, not the 410, historically.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 10:26:34 AM »

Hmm...I see a rather significant difference between being dead or alive. I might even call it "vastly better" being alive.

....but, that's just me.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:28:33 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »
Interesting comments all, from the preprespective of a bomber pilot we watched with anticipation last night as a 410 laboriously made its way toward a formation of us, 4 flights of B-17's, at 28K en route to a strat run, speculating as we tracked him during his climb as to various defensive tactics we might employ. As he neared possible firing range (appx) 2.0 he suddenly winged over and dropped away, I can only speculate he was out of gas, and most likely very disappointed at having nearly closed and having to break away w/out getting a shot off. We will have to wait till another time it looks like to see how the 410 will do against a tight formation of heavy bombers, but probably not for long. Glad its here, should be an intresting addition to the game.
OldBull
XO Avengers
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »
Hmm...I see a rather significant difference between being dead or alive. I might even call it "vastly better" being alive.

....but, that's just me.

I meant outside of that change its performance wasn't a big improvement.  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 11:27:26 AM »
Me210 had DB601's. The early models made 1100-1200 hp. The Me410 had DB603's with nearly 1800 hp.

It was about 40mph slower and climbed worse but this lack of horsepower also was a major killer at slow speeds -- considering the 210 had no leading edge slots.

So, yes. It's a massive difference between the 210 and 410.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 04:04:48 PM »
Interesting comments all, from the preprespective of a bomber pilot we watched with anticipation last night as a 410 laboriously made its way toward a formation of us, 4 flights of B-17's, at 28K en route to a strat run, speculating as we tracked him during his climb as to various defensive tactics we might employ. As he neared possible firing range (appx) 2.0 he suddenly winged over and dropped away, I can only speculate he was out of gas, and most likely very disappointed at having nearly closed and having to break away w/out getting a shot off. We will have to wait till another time it looks like to see how the 410 will do against a tight formation of heavy bombers, but probably not for long. Glad its here, should be an intresting addition to the game.
OldBull
XO Avengers

Maybe it started raining and water was coming into the basement.

Maybe he got a call from his Mom asking if he remembered to take out the trash and feed the dog.

More than likely he fell asleep and QWERTY'd his forehead as he drooled into the keyboad and shorted the auto pilot.   :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)