Author Topic: The Aces High BBS Grudge Match!  (Read 13637 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: The Aces High BBS Grudge Match!
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2012, 11:25:31 PM »
one of those rare players who will give you an actual fight, without running away immediately after making 2 HO attempts and missing both

one of those special souls who will try to reverse you and kick your behind when you come at them with an alt advantage

a pilot who wants a good fight, not a good score

A Debrody, an ink, a Latrobe, an ALFAMEGA, a surfinn...warriors one and all...there are plenty more out there that I'm failing to mention, but sadly they are vastly outnumbered by the sort of little girls who will run to ack, land their plane and jump in an 88mm rather than actually fight someone

OK I can live with that.  I believe the percentages are better then yours, but I would agree with your point.  I was concerned you were connecting it to score, not a willingness to mix it up regardless of the advantage or disadvantage.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2012, 11:44:24 PM »
You ever notice you have a lot to say?

perhaps you'll understand sometime in the future, if you ever get a job where you're stuck behind a computer all day instead of a deep fat fryer  :pray
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »
Second chance please?
That was pretty lame. Ill give you another shot at it. ready? Set? Go!!
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2012, 12:02:30 AM »
one of those rare players who will give you an actual fight, without running away immediately after making 2 HO attempts and missing both

one of those special souls who will try to reverse you and kick your behind when you come at them with an alt advantage

a pilot who wants a good fight, not a good score

A Debrody, an ink, a Latrobe, an ALFAMEGA, a surfinn...warriors one and all...there are plenty more out there that I'm failing to mention, but sadly they are vastly outnumbered by the sort of little girls who will run to ack, land their plane and jump in an 88mm rather than actually fight someone

yeah, I used to enjoy scrapping on the deck with a 38 pilot by the name corkyJr... I wonder if guppy35 knows him.... :headscratch: :D
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2012, 12:03:26 AM »
yeah, I used to enjoy scrapping on the deck with a 38 pilot by the name corkyJr... I wonder if guppy35 knows him.... :headscratch: :D

Nah, I'm from that E-Advantage 38 squad :)

How's it going Ardy?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2012, 12:07:52 AM »
Nah, I'm from that E-Advantage 38 squad :)

Since when was plowing planes in to the ground, trees and occasional plane considered E?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2012, 12:15:49 AM »
Since when was plowing planes in to the ground, trees and occasional plane considered E?

Ya got me.  The resident BBS village idiot believes it is so apparently.  I've been wrecking Mustangs lately as well as my 38G since I've got a 51 Group in the Fall scenario.  I can bend and break whatever cartoon airplane necessary :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2012, 12:27:39 AM »
How's it going Ardy?

good, just enjoying this thread.. almost as much as the 90+ pager before it. You know, its the bbs where many cartoon warriors go to lie when they run out of 'e'...
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2012, 01:18:05 AM »
Generalisation.....damn phone :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2012, 03:28:07 AM »
yes.

semp

I am sure you have...like I said I may have called someone out for lame game play, such as yourself...but to say it is something I do all the time is a fabrication. :aok

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2012, 06:42:36 AM »

Right? Most of the time Guppy needs to look up to see gophers  :D
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2012, 07:04:52 AM »
Ya got me.  The resident <condescending name calling ignored> believes it is so apparently.  I've been wrecking Mustangs lately as well as my 38G since I've got a 51 Group in the Fall scenario.  I can bend and break whatever cartoon airplane necessary :)

Well, not having seen you fly much in-game I should reserve judgement on how much E wienieing you do... but as to most of the 80th, from what I have seen, coming in at 15k+ and then roping or picking people seems to be the norm.   Rarely will a co-E P38 win against my Spitfire MK VIII (TwinBoom excepted, of course). :D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
Well, not having seen you fly much in-game I should reserve judgement on how much E wienieing you do... but as to most of the 80th, from what I have seen, coming in at 15k+ and then roping or picking people seems to be the norm.   Rarely will a co-E P38 win against my Spitfire MK VIII (TwinBoom excepted, of course). :D

Guppy flies the way he says he does from what I have seen. :aok

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2012, 08:21:21 AM »
80th Headhunters fly more honorable when there are vets around.  If they are competing against typical main arena fodder, they will run, gang, pick, and club.  As soon as they realize there is a BBS warrior in the area they will change their tactics to be more in line with their "All About The Fight" motto.  :aok

:banana:

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »

Guppy flies with absolute honor, unlike you and your non-stop ho-tarding.

If you stayed with one country, you'd only have 2/3rds of the game hating your newb trash flying (see: OnFire), but I guess that your game... even bad attention is better than no attention, right?

Reminds me of the fat stripper that gets a pity dollar now and then.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.