Author Topic: Equipment to improve AH play  (Read 5926 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Equipment to improve AH play
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »
I just saw the top gun tag and thought "It just one of them, who cares, they switch name every new moon"

Most of you guys fly K4's anyway  :D

:) Oh, how rude, I forgot.

Thx for the shade update  :)

You're welcome.  :)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2012, 08:58:38 AM »
no noir, I dont.  I got 3 23 in monitors that I bought at different times.  they're not even the same manufacturer as I couldnt afford 600+ all at one time, so I got them when I could afford them.  I have magazines under 2 of them to make them all the same height.

see that's when you see the big advantage of trakir is in full turn black out/red out turns.  You can push your plane a little more and yet you can still keep track of where your enemy is.  those dont get recorded by ah.  obviously we dont agree so arguing will get nowhere.  you will never admit that some things do give you an advantage, but you still have to be able to use that advantage.  if you cant fly the plane for crap then toys wont matter.  if you have never flown with trakir, 3 screens and a nice joystick set up then you have nothing to compare to, so it's fair to say you dont really know if it gives you an advantage or not. :salute

semp

And if I have?  :rofl

Where do you think Im getting the basis for my argument?

semp

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
no noir, I dont.  I got 3 23 in monitors that I bought at different times.  they're not even the same manufacturer as I couldnt afford 600+ all at one time, so I got them when I could afford them.  I have magazines under 2 of them to make them all the same height.

no matter whet your screens are you can use bezel compensation
now posting as SirNuke

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »

And no INK, I go by the name of BackHand now (haha, check 6 wars to Nuke and Bruv :D), and I don't fly F4Us. K4s, Ki84, and P38s are my main rides. ;)

ok cool......cuz that guy was NOT very good at all :rofl

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2012, 11:47:01 AM »
And if I have?  :rofl

Where do you think Im getting the basis for my argument?

So you bought all the stuff then got rid of it?   Now that's  waste of money.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2012, 12:50:56 PM »
So you bought all the stuff then got rid of it?   Now that's  waste of money.

semp

:rofl I tried it at a friends house.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2012, 09:24:40 PM »
:rofl I tried it at a friends house.

so the answer is no, you havent.  you just never got used to your friend's set up so decided that he wasted his money and then made a blanket statement that those that have a set up better than yours are wasting their money.

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
so the answer is no, you havent.  you just never got used to your friend's set up so decided that he wasted his money and then made a blanket statement that those that have a set up better than yours are wasting their money.

semp

:rofl There really is no getting through that thick skull of yours. Set up a time, we'll DA and we'll see if you can beat me with all your fancy gear and gadgets.  :) I'll fly with a mouse too and see how that goes.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2012, 10:50:16 PM »
:rofl There really is no getting through that thick skull of yours. Set up a time, we'll DA and we'll see if you can beat me with all your fancy gear and gadgets.  :) I'll fly with a mouse too and see how that goes.

oh i see you are topgun guy.  you are right and everybody is wrong, i apologize  :rofl :rofl :rofl.

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2012, 11:13:34 PM »
oh i see you are topgun guy.  you are right and everybody is wrong, i apologize  :rofl :rofl :rofl.

semp

Talking...talking...but no walking :(.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2012, 01:01:43 AM »
Talking...talking...but no walking :(.

you still dont understand, it wont prove anything about what is being talked here.  If I win then you will come up with another excuse if you kill me then you will think that is validation of what you said.  but the truth is the only way to actually prove to yourself is if you actually get the stuff yourself then compare it to how you played before.  playing at a friends house for 10 minutes doesnt prove that you actually have used the equipment, it only proves that you couldnt play with your friends equipment as you arent used to it.

if equipment really didnt matter then you wouldnt have players here trying to upgrade their computers and equipment.  after all what is the point if nothing is going to improve their game?  the fact that people come here time after time asking about this stick or that stick or this video card or which monitor is better is proof in itself that it will improve somebody's game.  after all if you have a better monitor and a better stick your aiming will increase as you can see better and identify targets.  if you can go from a computer than plays with no eye candy than to one that plays with all the eye candy and full frames, dont you think that it will help you see that gv that you couldnt see before?  if you have 3 screens and see from wingtip to wingtip dont you think that is an advantage over somebody who has a 19 inch monitor?

you are arguing for the sake of arguing.  I have many times shaken a con from behind my by simply diving into the ground and turning around the trees.  reason for that is the other guys computer cant process fps as fast as he wants so he loses sight of me for one split second where i can turn and be gone and back on his six.

have you read how how many threads has been 10 or 15 pages long about how ch hardware is so much better than saitek's even though it costs about 3 times as much as an x52?  you think if those people didnt think it would improve their game that they would spend those 300 bucks just for the hell of it?  or get a video card that costs 300 bucks over another that costs 100 if they didnt think the eye candy would help identify targets better?

the fact that you cant afford it or wont buy it doesnt really prove that you can play the game with just the bare essentials and buying extra equipment is a waste of money.  use fraps to record a fight that you can keep trak of a con just like I did in my film while only using your stick and a keyboard would help more to validate your point than anything else.  but I seriously doubt that you can record a film like that.

also record your views just looking around an airplane up down, left, right, up, down, behind and basically 360 around a p51. then upload to youtube.  then I'll do the same using trakir.  if you can look around as well and just as fast as well as I can see with trakir then you will prove the point that trakir is useless.  you dont have to be in combat just up in the air and look around every single inch outside of that cockpit.  let me know when you are ready.

so do either of the two choices i have give and we will compare to see if I really am wasting my money or you can perhaps improve your game a little.

semp

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2012, 03:02:23 AM »
I set bezel compensation up on my setup yesterday and even with different screen sizes it helps the brain figuring whats happening on the secondary screens
now posting as SirNuke

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2012, 09:02:18 AM »
you still dont understand, it wont prove anything about what is being talked here.  If I win then you will come up with another excuse if you kill me then you will think that is validation of what you said.  but the truth is the only way to actually prove to yourself is if you actually get the stuff yourself then compare it to how you played before.  playing at a friends house for 10 minutes doesnt prove that you actually have used the equipment, it only proves that you couldnt play with your friends equipment as you arent used to it.

if equipment really didnt matter then you wouldnt have players here trying to upgrade their computers and equipment.  after all what is the point if nothing is going to improve their game?  the fact that people come here time after time asking about this stick or that stick or this video card or which monitor is better is proof in itself that it will improve somebody's game.  after all if you have a better monitor and a better stick your aiming will increase as you can see better and identify targets.  if you can go from a computer than plays with no eye candy than to one that plays with all the eye candy and full frames, dont you think that it will help you see that gv that you couldnt see before?  if you have 3 screens and see from wingtip to wingtip dont you think that is an advantage over somebody who has a 19 inch monitor?

you are arguing for the sake of arguing.  I have many times shaken a con from behind my by simply diving into the ground and turning around the trees.  reason for that is the other guys computer cant process fps as fast as he wants so he loses sight of me for one split second where i can turn and be gone and back on his six.

have you read how how many threads has been 10 or 15 pages long about how ch hardware is so much better than saitek's even though it costs about 3 times as much as an x52?  you think if those people didnt think it would improve their game that they would spend those 300 bucks just for the hell of it?  or get a video card that costs 300 bucks over another that costs 100 if they didnt think the eye candy would help identify targets better?

the fact that you cant afford it or wont buy it doesnt really prove that you can play the game with just the bare essentials and buying extra equipment is a waste of money.  use fraps to record a fight that you can keep trak of a con just like I did in my film while only using your stick and a keyboard would help more to validate your point than anything else.  but I seriously doubt that you can record a film like that.

also record your views just looking around an airplane up down, left, right, up, down, behind and basically 360 around a p51. then upload to youtube.  then I'll do the same using trakir.  if you can look around as well and just as fast as well as I can see with trakir then you will prove the point that trakir is useless.  you dont have to be in combat just up in the air and look around every single inch outside of that cockpit.  let me know when you are ready.

so do either of the two choices i have give and we will compare to see if I really am wasting my money or you can perhaps improve your game a little.

semp

Watch the vids I posted then.  :aok Preferably the second one.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »
I give up.   ah films don't show all the info needed to compare.  I can follow a guy using only a mouse AND keyboard but that doesn't prove that using a joystick is a waste of money. 

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »
I give up.   ah films don't show all the info needed to compare.  I can follow a guy using only a mouse AND keyboard but that doesn't prove that using a joystick is a waste of money.  

semp

Good bye, I'll go back to killing noobs like you with my 20 dollars Saitek then. :)

semp