Author Topic: Empire Total War  (Read 2324 times)

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
Empire Total War
« on: August 17, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »
Anybody play this game? Bought it off steam last week and I'm addicted. Downloaded an amazing Civil War Mod for it and I am totally hooked.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Empire Total War
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 02:35:55 PM »
yeah its  a great game. ALOT of reply value to it with mads and such. Dont forget to use your terrain!
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »
If you've never played any of the others, empire was my least favorite era and I loved it. Heck I still play Rome from back in 05. The replay with mods is insane.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 09:16:45 PM »
I play Napoleon :)

Shogun is my least favorite, but even I have to love it
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 01:34:17 PM »
I stick to
Rome, Empire and Napoleon.

Only downside to Napoleon is the fact there really isn't a "Grand Campaign".
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »
well i would be playing right now but steam decided to take a dump on me.  :furious

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 01:59:45 PM »
I can barely play ANY games. My computer keeps crashing. :|
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 08:10:44 PM »
My current tally in Empire is 779 hours played.   :rock

Tried Napoleon for a while, but the way the AI cheats when you are playing against the French turned me off in a hurry.

Shogun was very boring to me, uninstalled it after less than 20 hours played and haven't missed it in the least.

Only complaint I really have for Empire is that they simplified some of the units and their capabilities way too much, or tried too hard to make one type of unit that was almost the same as another type of unit different when it didn't need to be. But on the whole, I love its playstyle, and it's one of the few TW games I've played that actually rewards you for using historical tactics instead of innovating and trying to get fancy. Napoleon did too, but the whole 'French can never be beaten' thing just ticked me off.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 07:45:59 AM »
Tactics do play a huge part in this game. I always try to maneuver my units to attack on the flanks because it breaks the enemy quicker. I also spend awhile studying the terrain before deployment because that can make the difference.

I'm playing as Prussia right now and am constantly in a state of war. I had, at one time, Poland-Lithuania, Austria, and Bavaria at war with me, which really stretched my army thin. I just captured Vienna, but the Poles retook Warsaw. Very challenging game.  I've dedicated most of my technology research to the military... I just got fire by rank, which absolute decimates the enemy, and square formation is top class against cavalry charges.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 03:21:39 PM »
You guys are killing me! My computer died and I can't afford a new one to play on!  :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

HiTech

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
Anybody play this game? Bought it off steam last week and I'm addicted. Downloaded an amazing Civil War Mod for it and I am totally hooked.

Need more information about this civil war mod...any links for it? It might drag me back into playing it again.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 01:51:58 AM »
Need more information about this civil war mod...any links for it? It might drag me back into playing it again.
I'll hook you up. Only problem I had with it was the incredibly long range of the units.

http://civilwarcommand.net/sample-page/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:57:22 AM by MarineUS »

HiTech

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 07:37:17 AM »
^^^ That's the one. Here is the link to the forums for it in case you want to read more about it and everything.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1627

Just note that that it isn't a "Grand Campaign" in the sense of the regular ETW game. There is no research/technology tab, there are no ships at all, and most other countries aren't even in the game. Those that are have units that are over a century behind in terms of technology. It really is just meant to be a land "war" game of the USA vs CSA.

Also it helps to have the Warpath DLC because you can play this mod on a much bigger North American map.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
Ive been playing the civil war mod for the last couple days and im addicted.  I absolutely love the artillery in this game.  The range it has makes it a major factor in battles as opposed to the grand campaign in empire.  The only question I have is how do I get more generals?  There was a period of time early in the campaign where i could recruit them but they arent available any more.  :headscratch:

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »
Ive been playing the civil war mod for the last couple days and im addicted.  I absolutely love the artillery in this game.  The range it has makes it a major factor in battles as opposed to the grand campaign in empire.  The only question I have is how do I get more generals?  There was a period of time early in the campaign where i could recruit them but they arent available any more.  :headscratch:

Do believe that is a bug. Even if you have patch 3.4.1 downloaded it still does that. I had both Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson leading my 2 best armies and they just disappeared on me  :lol
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart