Author Topic: Empire Total War  (Read 2327 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Empire Total War
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2012, 06:19:23 AM »
I figured it out while downloading it felt a little more dumb then normal. :lol

I played it it worked great. Turned my computer off went back both games crashed couldn't figure it out. I reinstalled Empire. Worked fine. Turned my computer off same thing. I did some thinking rebooted my computer logged on to steam then ACW worked fine. Don't know much about steam but I guess letting ACW connect to steam causes some sort of crash. I was under the impression that ACW is an approved mod and that wouldn't happen or am I missing something.
you didn't by chance pick "acw ready" when you exited the acw mod did you? i did that twice before i figured out that was causing the same problem on my system. at this point i just opt for the slightly longer load time and choose vanilla ready every time i exit the mod.

Thats weird.  Ive had maybe 2 crashes since I installed and its working fine. 

On the other hand, its Summer 1865 and the Union is holding on desperatley to a stronghold near Falmouth, Maine.  Its only a matter of time.  Mexico has, for some odd reason, declared war and invaded Texas.  the invasion was repelled and I now control Mexico City.
:furious  you sir are a dirty rotten scoundrel... my armies are mostly ineffective and full of yellow bellies...the only time i can win a battle is to have 2 to 1 odds, even with heavy artillery support.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 08:02:43 AM »

:furious  you sir are a dirty rotten scoundrel... my armies are mostly ineffective and full of yellow bellies...the only time i can win a battle is to have 2 to 1 odds, even with heavy artillery support.

What sort of troops are you fighting with?
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2012, 08:09:50 AM »
What sort of troops are you fighting with?
a mix of volunteers and regular infantry...2 to 4 units of mixed dragoons. haven't been able to get past 1861 without losing at least 2 cities a few rounds after the war starts, friggin financial resources get drained fast.
jarhed  

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
The special units such as the stonewall brigade are nearly unstoppable.  My main army in the north is comprised of all the available stonewall brigades, Hood's Texans, and Confederate sharpshooters supported by 4 units of 3 inch ordinance rifles.  I usually keep 2 additional armies in reserve with the Confederate Regular infantry and volunteer infantry. The only real tactical problem I have had with the union armies is there are too many yankees and not enough bullets.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2012, 09:37:03 AM »
I just started a new campaign as the Prussians in the un-modded base version of E:TW. It's taken me a while to learn this trick (I don't usually bother to get fancy with diplomacy), but oh, the havoc you can wreak when you get yourself military access to your neighbors...

Less than a decade into the campaign, Austria simultaneously declared war on me and France (no idea why, we weren't even friendly, let alone allied). I held them off and took Silesia, while the French couldn't stop them and lost Alsace-Lorraine. Since that's one of the territories I need for a victory, I snuck an army through Hannover and the Rhineland and took it from them. The ensuing attempts of them and their allies to get it back from me ended up getting me an army that was at level 5 experience all across the board, and about six armies destroyed (not all massive or well trained, of course)... all by 1720. I now have an extremely well trained army in an easily defended province, poised to strike almost anywhere in western Europe in two turns or less.... oh my.  

It's good to be German and Evil. :devil
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2012, 10:16:42 AM »
Oh, meant to post this one too- if you can get it to install and run properly (some folks have issues with it), the Empires of Destiny mod is SO worth it to ramp up the 18th Century campaign- many more units and playable factions, improved graphics and AI, and revamped sound and environmentals. Includes almost every GOOD mod released up to this point.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/empires-of-destiny
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2012, 04:42:37 PM »
Disregard
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:09:12 PM by branch37 »

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2012, 11:03:05 PM »
My first impressions of EOD are very good.  It makes the number of men in a regiment larger, and i think the artillery is more accurate.  I will definitely be sticking with it. I haven't fought a naval battle yet though, too busy suppressing rebellions around Vienna against the obvious Prussian superiority.  :D

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2012, 09:25:51 AM »
I redownloaded this the other night and grabbed darthmod Platinum and  I remember why I quit playing. I get on to play for and hour next I know its 4 am :cry Its awesome when the battle if going poorly , but then you just have that right regiment is juuussst the rigth spot and they turn the tide, Love that!
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2012, 12:31:55 PM »
lol, this fraggin acw mod is kickin my buttocks badly. by the time i get the upgrades needed for actual fighting armies, the yankees have 3 to 1 odds against me   :ahand

best i've been able to do is declare war on mexico and take over the northern most city with the silver and gold mines...then wait for cash to build up so i can make the needed improvements and recruit armies.
jarhed  

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2012, 01:34:46 PM »
lol, this fraggin acw mod is kickin my buttocks badly. by the time i get the upgrades needed for actual fighting armies, the yankees have 3 to 1 odds against me   :ahand

best i've been able to do is declare war on mexico and take over the northern most city with the silver and gold mines...then wait for cash to build up so i can make the needed improvements and recruit armies.
I once started a cmapaign  and within an hour of playying Hannover I was at war with Britain, Sweden, Austria france and Spain. the worse part? I hadent even made any aggressive moves I whad spent the hour building my  infrastucture.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
anyone have a link to the ACW download?  the one in a previous post no longer works.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Hannibal

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2012, 02:48:18 AM »
NTW 3 is where it's at.

http://thelordz.org/mods.html

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
So do mods conflict with each other?  I finally found the ACW mod again and I CDT every time on launch.  Could Empires of Destiny be messing with it?

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 09:32:03 PM »
Just a note to anyone in this thread - if you have Napolean Total War, the beta of North and South is available at TWCenter, and it is freaking AMAZING.