Author Topic: When will we get a new MAP?  (Read 3101 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: When will we get a new MAP?
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »
Imagine HTC putting this map on the MA on April 1st

Be careful what you wish for. :old:  There are two all-water terrains already on the server. Bum bum bummmmmmm !
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2012, 01:30:42 AM »
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2012, 04:00:13 AM »
Nonsense!

Not nonsense at all. Its common sense.

If I knew all the map names by heart, I can tell you right off the bat where the heart of the action is going to be. Its like that for several reasons but mostly for the conveinence that a player can get into the action.

I have maps that I like and maps that, if they are up I will just log and wait for it to reset. For the most part, eyecandy is a privelage and not my right but it would be nice to add some new terrains like snow, desert just to break up the monotony.

Our old squaddie submitted some maps a while back and they were rejected. Although I was impressed, unfortunatly HTC wasnt and I respect the decision but perhaps of just rejecting them, maybe dedicate an arena just for new maps as a tester prior to putting them into the regular MA rotation.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2012, 05:07:21 AM »
if the map was so irrelevant, why would we have a thread asking for new ones every week?

It seems we have people in here that know better what the players want, even if that's the opposite of what these players say  :aok
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2012, 05:45:36 AM »
MA map design can make a big difference to player enjoyment. For instance there are maps with no CVs, which is not something I like. Then there are maps with very few spawn points, something which GVers hate. There are also maps with very long front lines which tend to spread play out too much in off peak times, making it hard to find a good fight. There are maps with the opposite problem of having only one or two choke points where you can find a fight, which can cause hording.

AVA and special events maps have a different set of requirements to MA maps and are completely unsuitable. In most cases it would be quicker to start from scratch than to try and modify one. If anyone is curious about what exactly is required for an MA terrain, there are a couple of sticky threads in the terrain editor forum on the subject.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2012, 09:45:28 AM »
Hell yeah we need new maps! But the map issue around here has always puzzled me. For instance, how come we can't pull a map from the AvA or SEA arenas and slap them in the MA once in awhile?  :headscratch:

As for me making a map? I'd love to but I don't have the time, energy or know how. Hell, I can't even make a skin.  Maybe HTC or someone in the know could make a tutorial video on how to go about map making.
:aok

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »

we have a new map, "grinder", and people race to reset as quickly as possible everytime it's up.

Thats EVERY map.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »
5 mins? that's 12 to 14k @ 160 ias + or - .  Insert quarter.  Play the arcade: the essence of take off/twr and repeat ad nauseum.
I dont mind climbing out or having to go more then a sector to find a fight , I usually end p running into a like minded red guy somewher along the path. 
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2012, 10:30:59 AM »
New Maps :rofl :rofl :noid

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2012, 09:21:32 AM »
It just takes time the editor is fine when you get used to it.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »
I wish they would let me re-texture some of the ones that HTC made.  Visually, they would look like new maps. :)

+1
i love USRanger's maps!

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »
Instead of wanting HTC to employ someone, or just flat begging someone to make a new map...

Why don't a coalition of players get together to turn out new maps????

I bet if 4 or 5 of the best got together they could churn out an epic quality map in a short time.  Someone working on the design, someone working on the terrain, someone working on placing objects ect. ect. ect.

If you guys got together I bet that map would be the best map on the server.  And I have no doubt that HTC would drop it in the rotation.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »
I was looking at NASA's maps of Mars trying to see a way to do a map out of it.

Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »
P. D. C.