Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 20448 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2012, 08:05:19 PM »
Friday night so here goes!

Brits ain't got no guns anyway.. Who cares what they say???

(edit) :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

There is a gun shop less than a mile from me.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
Bustr,
FYI, I have lived in these parts since 1988, long before whole foods, please get your facts straight before you try and typecast me.

And I don't live next to 'whole paycheck', I live several miles away from it, far from its 'armed guards of protection'...

And yes, there is lots of crime, remember the home invasions where people would hide in bushes and knock you out when you came home?

Yes Ardy and that's part of why I carry along with owning property and my wife. Guess you didn't receive the updates from the focus meetings about Whole Foods as the city negotiated to get Whole Foods in here. My home is on top of their parking lot so their lawyers made sure I was aware of everything. Increased OPD presence in even your area to cut down on pass through gang bangers was a condition which seems to have payed off. Along with the city granting a waver for the armed guards as a deterent to the pan handlers who come from all over the bay area via BART getting off at 19th street. Who other wise would have harrased the customers using the sidewalk lunch area driving down tax revenues along with driving out Whole Foods.

I've lived here long before 88 Ardy. Crime wise in general Whole Foods had been the best thing for "our" local area opposed to on a seasonal basis having to evict petty criminals from my property and help my neighbors with theirs without killing any of them. Becasue the 7-11 and flop house behind it was a magnet for petty criminals and Lake Merrit was a gang banger day care center during the summer. Wilson and Harris tollerated alot out of their constituency including a high crime rate. Both of their wives bought their caddilacs with taxpayer funds from the dealership that used to be where the Whole Foods is now. Back then we even had a few hookers trolling the area before the Vietnames moved in. Utopia...yeppers.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »
Yes Ardy and that's part of why I carry along with owning property and my wife. Guess you didn't receive the updates from the focus meetings about Whole Foods as the city negotiated to get Whole Foods in here. My home is on top of their parking lot so their lawyers made sure I was aware of everything. Increased OPD presence in even your area to cut down on pass through gang bangers was a condition which seems to have payed off. Along with the city granting a waver for the armed guards as a deterent to the pan handlers who come from all over the bay area via BART getting off at 19th street. Who other wise would have harrased the customers using the sidewalk lunch area driving down tax revenues along with driving out Whole Foods.

I've lived here long before 88 Ardy. Crime wise in general Whole Foods had been the best thing for "our" local area opposed to on a seasonal basis having to evict petty criminals from my property and help my neighbors with theirs without killing any of them. Becasue the 7-11 and flop house behind it was a magnet for petty criminals and Lake Merrit was a gang banger day care center during the summer. Wilson and Harris tollerated alot out of their constituency including a high crime rate. Both of their wives bought their caddilacs with taxpayer funds from the dealership that used to be where the Whole Foods is now. Back then we even had a few hookers trolling the area before the Vietnames moved in. Utopia...yeppers.

Bustr,
instead of trying to debate the issue, you chose to typecast me (along with the negative feelings you carry with that stereotype) to who you imagine I am, and possible troll me into saying more about myself. You don't know me. You had nothing else and felt boxed, attack the messenger.

I made the mistake of even telling you what little you know, when we flew together, if I knew you were going to publish it on the internet, esp on a public forum. Sorry Hilbly if you felt I did the same to you earlier when I talked generally about some counties in Oregon.

Delete the information about where we live.... this is a public forum.

EDIT: I'd be more than happy to talk to you in private about Oakland and its seedy side, corrupt politicians etc.. but not here, not in respect to our home addresses.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:46:09 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »
I guess this thread, is officially dead,
I'm Outta here,  :bolt:

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2012, 11:25:48 PM »
I guess this thread, is officially dead,
I'm Outta here,  :bolt:

Got more Doomsday preparations to make?

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2012, 01:42:11 AM »
Getting back to the original question, and looking into the pondering, gun laws do work. But only that far, they never work as a complete insurance against getting killed by a bullet.
Looking at mass murders is one thing. Looking coldly at pure statistics, the USA sticks out as the western country with the highest percentage of capital crime, - murder, rape, armed robbery. The average of murder is actually about the same in the rural parts (alltogether) in the USA, as in London.
The answer IMHO is possibly that the USA is just full of guns. The access is easy, conceilable weapons widely allowed, and even more high powered weapons which have all the potential of hosing down a whole classroom.
Putting some regulations into it will take a long time to work. If I recall it correctly the British tightened their rules some while ago, and offered people to turn in weapons of no use with no questions asked, maybe there was even a bonus in it.
There is perhaps a second answer. It's just the wild old culture of a "gunland"
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »
Seems gun control should start with Mayor Bloomberg's police force after this morning's shooting of 9 bystanders.

you mean the law abiding citizen that open fire and killed 2 and shot 9 bystanders?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2012, 02:08:18 AM »
A government that can't trust it's people with guns can't be trusted.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2012, 03:11:07 AM »
Only cuffs I have access to now  have pink fur on them  :huh

I will post them back to later danny :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2012, 03:16:15 AM »
I will post them back to later danny :old:

Dunner want 'em if the fur's all gummed up :uhoh
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2012, 03:48:07 AM »
A government that can't trust it's people with guns can't be trusted.

sunfan I believe in our right to bear arms.  however this is food for thought:  a great deal of mass shootings in the us are committed by people that have no criminal history, in other words law abiding citizens who exercised their right to bear arms. which sometimes makes me wonder who really should have the right to bear arms, however I dont see a way to really know for sure who shouldnt be able to bear arms.

semp

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2012, 03:55:23 AM »
you mean the law abiding citizen that open fire and killed 2 and shot 9 bystanders?

semp
That's brilliant.   :rolleyes:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2012, 04:29:21 AM »
That's brilliant.   :rolleyes:

well really was he a gang banger?  a criminal?  organized crime?  a cartel member? can you explain which category he falls in?   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

semp

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2012, 06:20:01 AM »
Got more Doomsday preparations to make?

Doomsday??? You are the only one who mentioned it..
When???

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2012, 10:43:45 AM »

semp

The gunman killed one. The police killed the gunman. All 9 wounded were hit by police gunfire. Many police forces do not train with their firearms all that much. This may be part of the problem or none of it in this case. The area where this went down is a very heavy pedestrian traffic area.

I do think there was a lot of shots fired to have hit the turd only 3 times.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)