Author Topic: My Wife Asks Me..  (Read 4110 times)

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
My Wife Asks Me..
« on: August 31, 2012, 07:28:55 AM »
What should I do when Police Pull me over???

She saw a (nydailynews) article about a woman being body slammed twice for opening her door
during a traffic stop.. A woman, 5'4" tall, registered nurse, yanked out of her seat, and beat
up for nothing, by two Thug Cops.. "Policemen", who celebrated their brutality on this woman,
with a triumphant sporting "Fistbump"...! This incident was captured on private surveillance camera!

So she reads links in the article, that show recent stories about cops beating women for no reason..
Kicking them in the face.. Even beating people to death for nothing.. Unarmed and shot to death, Oops huh???
She says, "They Protect Us?, Well who protects us from them?"

My Answer: They cannot be trusted.. When flashed by the police, call 911, put on your E flashers,
drive slowly to a well lighted and populated area.. Memorize Badge# and Names.. We are investing in
a hidden onboard vid system, to record these possible events..

Sadly, another American institution has fallen into disgrace..

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: My Wife Asks Me..
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 07:37:08 AM »
Open the window just enough to hand over your papers and keep the doors locked.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 07:42:57 AM »
Ummm, pull over.

Put hazards on.

Lock doors.

Keep hands on wheel so officer can see them.

Do not reach for anything such as license, registration, etc (known as "forward motion" and considered to be enough probable cause to search the vehicle without a warrant in my state, anyhow) until the officer asks for it.   

If the officer asks if you know why you were stopped, admit to nothing.

Above all, stay the &*#% in the vehicle.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:54:10 AM »
Open the window just enough to hand over your papers and keep the doors locked.

This.

Know your rights when an officer asks if tey can look in your car or asks if they can do anything really.  They really are asking you can simply say NO.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 09:33:24 AM »
not that the cops in that incident were totally within their authority with their actions but, the supposed "victim" was plain stupid. she was beligerent and confrontational, cursed at the cops and got out of her car, not to mention she was breaking a local ordinance by talking on the phone while driving. she should have just stayed in her car and did what the officers asked...she might have gotten off with a warning.

if she had the intelligence to use a hands free device the incident would never have happened.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 09:46:46 AM »
not that the cops in that incident were totally within their authority with their actions but, the supposed "victim" was plain stupid. she was beligerent and confrontational, cursed at the cops and got out of her car, not to mention she was breaking a local ordinance by talking on the phone while driving. she should have just stayed in her car and did what the officers asked...she might have gotten off with a warning.

if she had the intelligence to use a hands free device the incident would never have happened.

You mean if she would have obeyed the law this might not have ever happened?  No, no way, we all know that they would have singled her out and beat her up anyway, because that is what they do.

Fred

Before anyone gets their dandruff up, my statement was made in jest.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:48:33 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 09:57:12 AM »
It's called weakminded roidrage, by an mentally insecure manchild, with WAY too much undeserved responsibility..

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
Idiot. :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 10:09:16 AM »
I would tell your wife that 173 law enforcement officers were killed in the line of duty last year.  In 2010 there were 53,469 officers that were assaulted while on duty.  Cops have to deal with idiots all of the time, some of whom want to assault or kill them, so on occasion you might encounter a cop who isn't as polite or cordial as you think he/she should be.

Screaming and verbally berating a law enforcement officer that is simply doing their job, like pulling over a woman for violating the city of Los Angeles' ban on cellphone use while driving, will do no good.  The officer did not enact the law you violated, your government representative did.

Know your rights.  But I find that 'Yes sir/ma'am, No sir/ma'am' goes a long way.  Be respectful.  Don't blab on the cellphone while the officer risks their life standing in traffic waiting for you to respond to them.  Don't be an bellybutton because YOU got caught breaking the law.  

The fact that someone gets their news from NYDailyNews says a lot about how they might have a hostile view of law enforcement.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 10:16:53 AM »
I would tell your wife that 173 law enforcement officers were killed in the line of duty last year.  In 2010 there were 53,469 officers that were assaulted while on duty.  Cops have to deal with idiots all of the time, some of whom want to assault or kill them, so on occasion you might encounter a cop who isn't as polite or cordial as you think he/she should be.

Screaming and verbally berating a law enforcement officer that is simply doing their job, like pulling over a woman for violating the city of Los Angeles' ban on cellphone use while driving, will do no good.  The officer did not enact the law you violated, your government representative did.

Know your rights.  But I find that 'Yes sir/ma'am, No sir/ma'am' goes a long way.  Be respectful.  Don't blab on the cellphone while the officer risks their life standing in traffic waiting for you to respond to them.  Don't be an bellybutton because YOU got caught breaking the law.  

The fact that someone gets their news from NYDailyNews says a lot about how they might have a hostile view of law enforcement.

Well, if that Jackanapes can't maintain an even strain in that situation, he doesn't need to be carrying a badge and gun..
End of Story!

This is the reaction of an egotistical wife beater.. Pretty common among police..

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 10:19:10 AM »
I saw pieces of the footage on yahoo. I am pretty sure the woman aggravated the situation. Probably a lot of caffeine consumed on both sides (officers and woman).

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 10:23:47 AM »
Well, if that Jackanapes can't maintain an even strain in that situation, he doesn't need to be carrying a badge and gun..
End of Story!

This is the reaction of an egotistical wife beater.. Pretty common among police..
you watch too many tv dramas...completely out of reality.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »
you watch too many tv dramas...completely out of reality.

Why don't you belay the idiotic BS, because you don't know squat..
Oh no, I never wore any stripes, I don't know anything at all..
I never produced sons that wore stripes too.. Out of reality huh???

Musta hit a soft spot, mmm???

An old saying: "If the truth hurts, it is only because of what you know about yourself.."
I have found this to be true in my own life..

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 10:34:02 AM »
End of Story!

Just curious, where did you find this information, or is it based on your in-depth knowledge of police officers?

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 10:36:41 AM »
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:38:47 AM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke