Author Topic: The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...  (Read 3753 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2012, 06:00:00 AM »
:airplane:     Play!!!
When I started,,, the first flight I got a kill. P38 against something.  Promptly landed it and got no.name in lights,,,   I was thinking what the heck!!!!!!!! I could round up two or three
Kills
But could
Not
Land them to get my name in lights for nothing,,,
After a while,  I figured out for me,,,,,,,,   Landing is the most important thing for me
As far as best investment,,, I don't know about today but I have a turtle beach headset  and backup desk speakers for when the wife is away.  S.A.  Is just as important in everything in the game
Next is sounds.    I'm a fan of mitsu's sounds. But may try to get with him or someone else to put together a GV best sounds list

So to recap,,, landing is the most important thing I know of.

This message sent from the comfort of my couch!!   Thanks for all the well wishes,, I think I'm home for a
While now.   Just hope the retirement checks keep my game turned on and running

:O :x :x :x :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :salute :rock :rock :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2012, 07:10:24 AM »
my point is the war has NO meaning whats so ever... In your opinion I am guessing? and in the greater scheme of things the war and "winning the game" is a false win, for you win nothing the map gets reset and it goes on and on.... as shooting down a red airplane is a false win as they will simply up again I would think... the only way to "win" this game is if YOU get out of it your moneys worth of "fun" Exactly what you are arguing against it seems to me...

to me knowing that NO ONE really dies....why avoid combat in a combat game(not saying you but the huge hoards and others) Because they may enjoy it in a different manner than yourself I am again guessing?

first for me it was all about the killing of other men, then I started to get good and lasting longer in the red hoard, with over 15,000 "deaths",  fighting ALL fights.... gave me an insane case of SA.......killing 3/5 at a time in the MA became my obsession...I have won up to a 7vs1 killed 5 of them and 2 limped home...(was bounced by a 38 right after which was fine I was bingo ammo)...if you can imagine the adrenaline rush from that 15 minute fight.. then you meet up with guys who really know how to fight, and actually kill me :furious :furious  and my blood starts to rush..... literally I will be shaking from adrenaline......safe........ in my home............... next to my wife................. kids safely sleeping away................ And you know for a fact that not one other person has ever felt those unique feelings except yourself playing only in the manner you find enjoyable I once again guess?

so I completely disagree with that last statement :salute As others feel the same about your argument based on my observation of various replys :salute

P.S.

AH is one of the greatest thing created by man  :salute HTC Not sure about the greatest, but definitely fun for my part  :cheers: :salute

As far as choosing quotes from fiction as a sound philosophy I hope you are referring to fictitious pursuits and endeavors, it is called fiction for a reason.

I prefer the quotes, "Opinions are like a--holes, everyone has one and they all stink" from who knows how many hands of knowledge; as well as, "I know one thing, that I know nothing," by a dude who wore a sheet and sat around drinking wine   :)

I simply have a problem being told how I feel and what makes me feel that way by anyone who can not know in the slightest manner without inquiring of myself first. So please, soften the fallacious logic, it is a game in the end, we each enjoy it in unique ways, even when we agree on some points. Overcompensating with large fonts does not make it more valid than even the least skilled or "dweebiest" player. There is enough "this is the only 'enjoyable' way to play AH" proselytizing as it is.

OP, I appreciate your input whether I feel it is correct or not. In my personal opinion it can all be boiled down to respect; which is the gist I get from your post.

Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »
The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...
These 3 things are a must for anypilot;

Take off safely, transit safely and land safely.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »
I think had the OP named this thread " the single best thing Ican do as a pilot"  it would have gone better.

As posted by many there are a number of ways to play this game.

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 09:24:17 AM »
 :aok :aok I love this game! Kids at school, wife at work & me....alone for 8 hours!  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »
As far as choosing quotes from fiction as a sound philosophy I hope you are referring to fictitious pursuits and endeavors, it is called fiction for a reason.

I prefer the quotes, "Opinions are like a--holes, everyone has one and they all stink" from who knows how many hands of knowledge; as well as, "I know one thing, that I know nothing," by a dude who wore a sheet and sat around drinking wine   :)

I simply have a problem being told how I feel and what makes me feel that way by anyone who can not know in the slightest manner without inquiring of myself first. So please, soften the fallacious logic, it is a game in the end, we each enjoy it in unique ways, even when we agree on some points. Overcompensating with large fonts does not make it more valid than even the least skilled or "dweebiest" player. There is enough "this is the only 'enjoyable' way to play AH" proselytizing as it is.

OP, I appreciate your input whether I feel it is correct or not. In my personal opinion it can all be boiled down to respect; which is the gist I get from your post.

oh I am sure they get a good adrenaline rush attacking static targets  :rofl :rofl

oh wait guys there is 10 of us..... lets all kill him.....after about 2 turns....holy crap what a rush guys...that was just WOW....my blood is pumpin after that fight...... :rofl

:rolleyes:

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »
Ink hahah  :rofl
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2012, 12:11:24 PM »
Turn every CV into a mobile furball.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2012, 12:28:05 PM »
oh I am sure they get a good adrenaline rush attacking static targets  :rofl :rofl

Dont you dare insult the Static targets like that, they get enough Arenaline rush after they see 40 P51s start dive bombing...

Then again the Static Target usually screams "HELL YEAH!" on vox after most auger or miss the target completely.

JG 52

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012, 12:30:38 PM »
Ink hahah  :rofl

:devil

Dont you dare insult the Static targets like that, they get enough Arenaline rush after they see 40 P51s start dive bombing...

Then again the Static Target usually screams "HELL YEAH!" on vox after most auger or miss the target completely.

:rofl :rofl

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »

oh wait guys there is 10 of us..... lets all kill him.....after about 2 turns....holy crap what a rush guys...that was just WOW....my blood is pumpin after that fight...... :rofl

:rolleyes:

I don't know, maybe there is something strange with me, but I have been in many knock down turn fights and have never had an adrenaline rush like you describe you have had.  I guess I always know this is a game and if I die there is no real loss.  I also know if I win there is no real gain.  I like the fight, but I can't say it really ever increases my heart rate.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2012, 01:03:21 PM »
I don't know, maybe there is something strange with me, but I have been in many knock down turn fights and have never had an adrenaline rush like you describe you have had.  I guess I always know this is a game and if I die there is no real loss.  I also know if I win there is no real gain.  I like the fight, but I can't say it really ever increases my heart rate.

Fred

than you haven't been in a good fight....I get adrenaline rushes every time I fly, it did get to the point that it takes a 3vs1 to get the blood flowing.....or if I know I am going against a good stick, or someone I just want to kill.

I think it has to do with "drive"  drive to be the best.....

whereas some are OK with just "playing".......while others such as myself, strive to be the best at whatever they do.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »
than you haven't been in a good fight....I get adrenaline rushes every time I fly, it did get to the point that it takes a 3vs1 to get the blood flowing.....or if I know I am going against a good stick, or someone I just want to kill.

I think it has to do with "drive"  drive to be the best.....

whereas some are OK with just "playing".......while others such as myself, strive to be the best at whatever they do.

Been in many great fights against some of the best sticks in this game.  Been in numerous multi con fights.  Some I win, some I loose, I just call them fun fights.  To say that I got some kind of adrenaline rush out of them, I would just say no.  The only feelings I have ever had out of a fight is satisfaction or frustration, but never an adrenaline rush.  I guess it just takes more than a game to get my adrenaline running.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2012, 02:23:24 PM »
Been in many great fights against some of the best sticks in this game.  Been in numerous multi con fights.  Some I win, some I loose, I just call them fun fights.  To say that I got some kind of adrenaline rush out of them, I would just say no.  The only feelings I have ever had out of a fight is satisfaction or frustration, but never an adrenaline rush.  I guess it just takes more than a game to get my adrenaline running.

Fred

I would like to see what you call a great fight?

probably different then what I do....

http://www.mediafire.com/?ciym17ugca8342q

http://www.mediafire.com/?x5e2ccqhexsbpd0

couple examples of what gets the blood pumpin :aok

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »
I like the OP's post. :aok

As for others saying theres only their way to get a rush out of the game or you haven't had great fights, HTC could add a :handjobmotion emoticon.