Author Topic: Operation Market Garden  (Read 6745 times)

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
Re: Operation Market Garden
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2012, 07:55:02 AM »
171 posts since you registered a month ago 169 of them are trolls and two were double posts, makes me wonder how many other forums you belong to in order to spout your faff about aliens and the government chemically altering your muesli to make only ugly people infertile  :confused:

Aliens???  :rofl

More programmed responses.. Yep, creepy..

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »
Thats unfair Danny. :old:

The guy seems a good egg to me :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2012, 08:06:20 AM »
See what I mean??? :rofl

Well we comprehend your standpoint, but you are failing to make a case frankly.

This thread is doing a stirling job however of weeding out the especially twisted ones. Do carry on posting. Anyone else like to have a bash, since we are here?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2012, 08:10:15 AM »
Well you think 'Band of Brothers' is a documentary so I am naturally absolutely bereft at the loss of respect from someone of your intellectual calibre  :rolleyes:

No doubt the British people and European people that you're fond of haven't criticised anything American yet. It's all it seems to take to set you off.

Our derision began in direct response to disrespectful comments most especially 'arrogant British' and the like. If you're going to throw these insults around and expect nothing in return then you are even more stupid than you appear to be. We are not interested, in your evaluation of how much merit you attribute to us, we have as much right to speak here as you do.

Thanks for getting personal and insulting though. It does rather prove Zack's point doesn't it old chap?  :D

No of course not Guppy. I believe my comment was that American public opinion towards Montgomery's achievements changed considerably after the war when he became vocally critical about elements of American command. The history of Monty and all of this is well documented & we are not debating any of it. We have no argument with those of you who have actually studied this and reached the level of understanding that you and Butcher and some of the others are displaying. What's set Zack and I off in this thread is a basic lack of respect for our culture and history.

I never said "Band of Brothers" was a documentary of any sort. You just assumed that I did. Assumption is the mother of all screw ups. I merely said it was fairly accurate, and there were no huge discrepancies outside of Blythe supposedly dying in 1947.

Montgomery was an arrogant overbearing chump, and his arrogance was directly responsible for the failure of Market Garden. You cannot grasp that nor can you accept it, that's just too damned bad.

You and your boy zack have proven my point perfectly. I never said you lacked the right to post here. What I said was your opinions and declarations were no more important than those of anyone else, and I do not give a damn what you think of me, nor do I owe you any specific personalized explanation for my opinions. You are just the sort of arrogant British chumps I find so boring. You remind me a lot of the ignorant Russian fan boys who run about demanding such great respect and honor for their losses during World War II, when it was their boy Stalin who joined Hitler in starting the war in Europe. They richly deserved every casualty they took while cleaning up a mess they helped make. The fact also remains that the vast majority of Europe itself, including Britain, was responsible for World War II. It was the absurd treaty that Britain and France demanded after World War I that got things started, and then your (see: Neville Chamberlain) willingness to sit around pacifying Hitler and emboldening him.

The best part of all is how the British especially want to sit around and criticize the United States for "being three years late" to World War II. Just like a snotty little brat who makes a huge mess of his room, then whines about cleaning up his mess. After it is all over with, the little snotty brat brags about how he labored in cleaning up his room, blames others for the mess, and then complains anyone who helped clean it up showed up late and didn't pull their weight. Wipe your nose, it's dripping off of your chin.

Europe was in a constant state of war for centuries, the idea that the U.S. should come running every time you clowns start another war is the most ridiculous, pompous, and arrogant part of the European attitude.

For the British soldier, sailor, and airman, I have the greatest respect and admiration, their honor, dignity, skill, and bravery are second to none. For many of the British people, I have great respect and admiration for them as well.

For people like you, your boy zack, danny76, and plawranc (just another typical "three years late" idiot) I have zero respect. The vast majority of us do not give a damn what people like you think of anyone or anything. The fact of the matter is, pompous windbags such as you and your bunch are boring. I have better things to do that match wits with unarmed clowns such as the lot of you.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2012, 08:10:36 AM »
Aliens???  :rofl

More programmed responses.. Yep, creepy..

Sorry not aliens, little chaps in the centre of the 'hollow' earth that teach us things, like how to build boxes to hide your mobile phones in so the G-Men can't read your thoughts through them. :aok
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
Sorry not aliens, little chaps in the centre of the 'hollow' earth that teach us things, like how to build boxes to hide your mobile phones in so the G-Men can't read your thoughts through them. :aok

I said Cellphones give off RF even when turned "OFF".. So we
have a shielded box that prevents it.. Never heard of signals security??

I never said anything about reading my thoughts..  :rofl
Again, more canned garbage that is repeated endlessly..

Why does shielding your cellphone from outside signals
seem to disturb you so greatly??? It's nothing to be afraid of!
So much that you carry it, and follow me from thread to thread???

Lets get even more creepy eh??

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2012, 08:19:30 AM »

I never said "Band of Brothers" was a documentary of any sort. You just assumed that I did. Assumption is the mother of all screw ups. I merely said it was fairly accurate, and there were no huge discrepancies outside of Blythe supposedly dying in 1947.

Montgomery was an arrogant overbearing chump, and his arrogance was directly responsible for the failure of Market Garden. You cannot grasp that nor can you accept it, that's just too damned bad.

We all grasped Market Garden was a failure, nobody has said anything otherwise, and Monty was in competition with Patton, who was in competition with everybody, and probably was over zealous. Though I doubt that the failure of the raid has really had that big an impact on the future of the UK, the US or any other nation for that matter, and if you look at his astonishing successes in the desert war, then it is safe to assume that he knew what he was doing, better than you or I, and Arnhem was exactly what the film suggest, a bridge too far

You and your boy zack have proven my point perfectly. I never said you lacked the right to post here. What I said was your opinions and declarations were no more important than those of anyone else, and I do not give a damn what you think of me, nor do I owe you any specific personalized explanation for my opinions. You are just the sort of arrogant British chumps I find so boring. You remind me a lot of the ignorant Russian fan boys who run about demanding such great respect and honor for their losses during World War II, when it was their boy Stalin who joined Hitler in starting the war in Europe. They richly deserved every casualty they took while cleaning up a mess they helped make.

Simply disgraceful, unadulterated crap, 20 million people deserved it did they? Suppose the Jews brought it on themselves as well?

The fact also remains that the vast majority of Europe itself, including Britain, was responsible for World War II. It was the absurd treaty that Britain and France demanded after World War I that got things started, and then your (see: Neville Chamberlain) willingness to sit around pacifying Hitler and emboldening him.

Britain, France and the US if I recall ;)

The best part of all is how the British especially want to sit around and criticize the United States for "being three years late" to World War II. Just like a snotty little brat who makes a huge mess of his room, then whines about cleaning up his mess. After it is all over with, the little snotty brat brags about how he labored in cleaning up his room, blames others for the mess, and then complains anyone who helped clean it up showed up late and didn't pull their weight. Wipe your nose, it's dripping off of your chin.

Europe was in a constant state of war for centuries, the idea that the U.S. should come running every time you clowns start another war is the most ridiculous, pompous, and arrogant part of the European attitude.

For the British soldier, sailor, and airman, I have the greatest respect and admiration, their honor, dignity, skill, and bravery are second to none. For many of the British people, I have great respect and admiration for them as well.

For people like you, your boy zack, danny76, and plawranc (just another typical "three years late" idiot) I have zero respect. The vast majority of us do not give a damn what people like you think of anyone or anything.

:cry

The fact of the matter is, pompous windbags such as you and your bunch are boring. I have better things to do that match wits with unarmed clowns such as the lot of you.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:27:11 AM by danny76 »
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2012, 08:21:03 AM »

You and your boy zack have proven my point perfectly. I never said you lacked the right to post here. What I said was your opinions and declarations were no more important than those of anyone else, and I do not give a damn what you think of me, nor do I owe you any specific personalized explanation for my opinions. You are just the sort of arrogant British chumps I find so boring. You remind me a lot of the ignorant Russian fan boys who run about demanding such great respect and honor for their losses during World War II, when it was their boy Stalin who joined Hitler in starting the war in Europe. They richly deserved every casualty they took while cleaning up a mess they helped make. The fact also remains that the vast majority of Europe itself, including Britain, was responsible for World War II. It was the absurd treaty that Britain and France demanded after World War I that got things started, and then your (see: Neville Chamberlain) willingness to sit around pacifying Hitler and emboldening him.

For people like you, your boy zack, danny76, and plawranc (just another typical "three years late" idiot) I have zero respect. The vast majority of us do not give a damn what people like you think of anyone or anything. The fact of the matter is, pompous windbags such as you and your bunch are boring. I have better things to do that match wits with unarmed clowns such as the lot of you.

Respect from you is nothing than dog manure.

Is the "boy" thing a racist comment based on my colour?

The GFC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »
Respect from you is nothing than dog manure.

Is the "boy" thing a racist comment based on my colour?

You have no idea what respect is, no one cares what you equate it to.

I neither know nor give a damn what color you are.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2012, 08:40:10 AM »
You have no idea what respect is, no one cares what you equate it to.

I neither know nor give a damn what color you are.

Why call me "BOY" then sonny?

The GFC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2012, 08:51:51 AM »

Because it fits you, following around after your buddy "nrshida" like a lost puppy.

You clowns remind me a great deal of your banned predecessor, "beet1e", who, at this moment, is on another board, arguing that World War II for Britain ended in May 1945, because Britain is in Europe. He's another "three years late" moron.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:33:26 AM by Captain Virgil Hilts »

SaVaGe

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2012, 08:57:05 AM »

I have nothing to do with this conversation, but how on earth could he know what color you are? That's absolutely ridiculous and borders on paranoia.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2012, 09:03:02 AM »
The guy is a nasty piece of work :old:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:04:33 AM by zack1234 »

The GFC

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »

Well let me review and see why I have formed that impression. Here are your posts in order and unedited (I did add the highlights):

So far, the only truly inaccurate thing I've found in "Band of Brothers", after reading dozens of books related to the 101st, is the segment regarding Albert Blythe...

No one, myself included, said "Band of Brothers" was a perfectly correct documentary. No such thing exists, no documentary is perfectly accurate. The point is, "Band of Brothers" is not rife with major glaring inaccuracies.

...What was shown is that "Band of Brothers" is not a perfect documentary. Of course, the problem with that is that no one, myself included, ever claimed it was.

So in fact you did remark on the quality and accuracy of the 'documentary' (your description) several times. But now you are reframing what you said?

He put his life on the line for his country on more than one occasion, was shot through the chest and got up again, routed a german trench in a bayonet attack and was decorated for conspicuous gallantry. And your summary of him is 'overbearing chump', which is just pure insult by the way, in case you try to reframe this later too.

You and your boy zack have proven my point perfectly. I never said you lacked the right to post here. What I said was your opinions and declarations were no more important than those of anyone else,

Now you are just plain lying, you have not said our posts were 'no more important than those of anyone else', and further you have used the terms 'boy', 'the likes of you' on more than one occasion and now 'arrogant British chump', these comments designed to devalue and dismiss what we say and deliberately trying to undermine what we post here. So even if you concede we have a right to post here, you have done your best to make our comments less important than yours, for example.

You remind me a lot of the ignorant Russian fan boys who run about demanding such great respect and honor for their losses during World War II, when it was their boy Stalin who joined Hitler in starting the war in Europe. They richly deserved every casualty they took while cleaning up a mess they helped make.

You realise your comment here cannot be deleted from this BBS? In the last week I have watched three human infants leave this world. What kind of environment can lead an individual to make such a callous and unempathic comment? And for what? To reinforce his opinion of other cultures on an internet forum? You should be ashamed of what you have said there.

Terribly sorry to bore you, although to be fair you do keep coming back for more don't you?

Plawranc, by the way, is Australian, probably at least half your age and consistantly displays more insight, education and wisdom than you have.

By the way, is your current callsign 'SaVaGe'? Because I looked on the score page and a player with this callsign flew in tour 151. I noted with interest that he / you had flown a Spitfire Mark XVI on at least three separate occassions. If it is you then no doubt you approve of the arrogant British aircraft design then?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:00:26 AM by nrshida »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »
This Hilts guy doesn't cross me as the informed sort. Even his own bile he has placed in type on this very thread has evaded own his memory and reading.

I'm glad DrShida picked up on this also;

I never said "Band of Brothers" was a documentary of any sort. You just assumed that I did. Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.

No one, myself included, said "Band of Brothers" was a perfectly correct documentary. No such thing exists, no documentary is perfectly accurate.

I couldn't stop myself from laughing.
Hilts you have to be trolling, because there is no human alive currently with the capability to type the above quote with a straight face, especially when you have the opportunity to re-read every comment your have made previous.
I'd love to tear into you and your cretinous comments, but it would be far too easy. I personally suggest you step away from the keyboard for now, your credibility in tatters.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho