Author Topic: Unperk the Mosquito Mk. XVI  (Read 7389 times)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Unperk the Mosquito Mk. XVI
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »
The classic angsty teenager 'leave the forum forever' competition  :rofl it's like I've gone back in a time machine to 1999

I am at work posting from a phone, i can't dig up quotes of all your BS even if i wanted to, which i don't

Post some proof to go along with your tall tales in the future and maybe people will have a better opinion of you
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2012, 08:17:20 PM »
You made the accusation that I am a compulsive liar.

Back up your accusation or retract it.

It's that simple.

Back to the mosquito bomber and my challenge that it can be intercepted by more than a few airplanes in game......

Nobody has taken the challenge to send mossies deep into my country territory when I am on.

Instead they derail the topic with ad hominem hate posts.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:50:12 PM by icepac »

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2012, 09:08:43 PM »
You made the accusation that I am a compulsive liar.

Not so much an accusation, more a well known fact.

Back up your accusation or retract it.

Or?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »
I'm honestly amazed that anyone could even make an argument about unperking the mossie XVI last for 9 pages.

Theres litterally no solid case for unperking besides the old "I wants to fly it stupid-low in a high-risk enviornment, and not pay perks" argument.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »
Half of the thread is about the Mossie, the other half is trying to get icepac to show some proof of his stories.  :)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2012, 09:32:01 PM »
Still, 4.5 pages arguing about whether to unperk the mossie XVI? Thats like more than 1 page of arguing whether the Tempest should be unperked.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2012, 09:33:16 PM »
So? Look at the countless threads for a nuke, or kamikazes, or experimental planes, or post war planes, etc etc.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2012, 10:05:10 PM »
I've set off for strats 6 times in a Mossie XVI.

First time, I didnt manage fuel, hit front lines at 20k and a P-47 spotted me, shot me down after a brief fight. Fair play. Second time, I was at 15k in my own territory when a 262 spotted me. This time I had managed my fuel and was able to evade him, had to jettison bomb to do so. Third time, was not intercepted but was killed outright by flak at 28k feet and 360 mph over strats. Fourth time, was not intercepted but got PW from flak at 29k feet, 360 mph over strats. Inevitable red screen and teleport back to tower happened 2 sectors later, still no interception. Last two times, made it to strats, made it past the "Magic-Mossie-PW-Flak", bombed city and landed. Second landing was post disco, so no name in lights.

Flak's biggest concern, will have to see the flak-kill rate after a few more sorties. With a bit of wisdom in fuel management and routing, the first dar bar I show which suggests strats comes when I'm near 30k, at full speed.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2012, 10:18:28 PM »
I spent a few minutes scanning through previous posts. There is a ridiculous amount of boasting and BS there, but I've just picked out a few personal highlights

The 410 is fine...

...The only issue is how easily a lanc top gunner with a 303 can remove a wing while you are flying past at D900 with a single ping.

Riiiiiight

I can kill buffs from D1999 with a yak9t......

Sure you can

What I mean is that a yak9 at 35,000 feet is more stable as compared to a TA152 or Spit XIV which wallow badly.

:headscratch:

I still wonder why the top names die like noobs so often when I meet them.

This didn't seem to get backed up by anything on the stats page or any films, I wonder why? ;o

I feel the reason for the chiding is the fact that many won't fly as high as I do much like they will never get within 90mph of the speeds I drive cars.

They just don't do it and I do.

comedy gold  :lol

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »
Icepak, quit sending me PM's in the game.  Quit sending me Pm's here in the forums.

Let's be clear, ok, you are an idiot and i don't care what your opinion is.  And no, I don't have to prove you're an idiot because you do that here every day, I'm done with you.  Out.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:36:57 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »
hey I got a Pm from icepac today as well. it was really nice
we were both rooks and he kept telling me to up mossies to the strats
when I told him no he replied that i had no balls
funny cause in this very thread he stated that I sent him nasty PM's and it seems quite the other way around
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2012, 11:26:16 PM »
 :rofl
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2012, 11:37:03 PM »
Zoney...........you wonder why you had to make an apology to the pilots of IEN's warbirds and then you lie in your apology letter about bailing just as a fighter intercepts you?

It's all on film along your disrespectful and profane rhetoric on channel 100 yet you persist?

As far as Coombz.....I am a little disturbed with the amount of attention you leveled at me for discussing removing perks from the mossie.

You showed up into this thread immediately firing a volley at me for daring to state that the mosquito bomber can be intercepted by more than a few planes in this sim.

The quote about the 410 was written the first few days it existed within this sim and Hitech found it necessary to adjust the toughness of the airplane in two patches because it was too fragile.

Check the release notes for 2.28 patch 1 and patch 4 and you will find it.

The quote about the yak9 being more stable is an opinion and shared by more than one other on the thread from which you pulled it.    If you're going to quote it, then add the other people who shared this view.

I can kill a buff at D1999 with the yak 9T NS37 gun and I may even have film......If not, I will simply do it.

The "top names" that I am referring to are not the top scorers but rather pilots I meet that actually will fight rather dive away to friends or friendly ack.   I was also mislead by the AKAK vs ACKACK riddle in which the forum names of each are swapped for thier in game handles.

And for the last......you will surely never get within 90mph of my fastest speed which is over 267mph........and will likely be pushed to over 280 on our next trip to the kennedy space center runway.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing more Mosquito bombers flying missions.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:21:51 AM by icepac »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2012, 12:22:59 AM »
I've set off for strats 6 times in a Mossie XVI.

First time, I didnt manage fuel, hit front lines at 20k and a P-47 spotted me, shot me down after a brief fight. Fair play. Second time, I was at 15k in my own territory when a 262 spotted me. This time I had managed my fuel and was able to evade him, had to jettison bomb to do so. Third time, was not intercepted but was killed outright by flak at 28k feet and 360 mph over strats. Fourth time, was not intercepted but got PW from flak at 29k feet, 360 mph over strats. Inevitable red screen and teleport back to tower happened 2 sectors later, still no interception. Last two times, made it to strats, made it past the "Magic-Mossie-PW-Flak", bombed city and landed. Second landing was post disco, so no name in lights.

Flak's biggest concern, will have to see the flak-kill rate after a few more sorties. With a bit of wisdom in fuel management and routing, the first dar bar I show which suggests strats comes when I'm near 30k, at full speed.
Dang Scherf, that is some bad luck with the flak there.  I've hit the city many times in a Mossie and the worst I've had is one fuel tank holed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-