Author Topic: Message to the creators of Aces High II  (Read 5287 times)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Message to the creators of Aces High II
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2012, 02:33:47 AM »
I bought cliffs of Dover yesterday on the bargain table and all I can say is its a stupid piece of crap.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2012, 02:40:24 AM »
I bought cliffs of Dover yesterday on the bargain table and all I can say is its a stupid piece of crap.

I decided to skip every product from that company after IL2 - it's just clumsy and unplayable. It looks good in screenshots but that's about it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2012, 03:20:44 AM »

I love that game, it's excellent. Especially with all the realism turned up, just getting into the air feels like an event.
The only reason some people from AcesHigh probably don't like it is because of the lack of the AH stall horn.
You must master the aircraft and it's capabilities, shooting for realistic short ranges, even master the guns and their ability to twitch your plane around a little, throwing your aim.
It's alot less forgiving, I have ruined 109 engines diving on Hurricanes and such just because I feathered my prop a little late. I can tell you the sound and the vibration is an immediate RTB. :joystick:

I haven't had any problems yet playing the game, apart from it seems to need a super computer to run it with high frame rates. It's a shame I struggle with frame rate because I really do enjoy flying the game.

(Your right though, it dowes make great screenshots, even from my rig.)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2012, 04:07:34 AM »
I'm more disappointed in the hoops you have to jump through just to load the game. I found 1946 to be pretty crappy too, it's been sitting in a draw for a few years now. the community are even geekier than AHs too.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2012, 11:32:07 AM »
Brillant !  I'm in the motorcycle business, Honda motorcycle's actually.  I do my best to explain that to guys that talk about what a great bike Harley Davidson makes.  I'm always saying, "Form Follows Function".  I personally buy and ride Honda sportbikes, a CBR600 this year because of this principle.

I've also been know to call Harleys "Reproduction Antiques" and we all know what they are worth.  Since I'm up on this soapbox I have a little joke I like to tell Harley riders too, "Hey, if you want to sell your bike I understand the U.S. Navy is currently buying them, they have a shortage of anchors".

Nothing like a Harley.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »
Brillant !  I'm in the motorcycle business, Honda motorcycle's actually.  I do my best to explain that to guys that talk about what a great bike Harley Davidson makes.  I'm always saying, "Form Follows Function".  I personally buy and ride Honda sportbikes, a CBR600 this year because of this principle.

I've also been know to call Harleys "Reproduction Antiques" and we all know what they are worth.  Since I'm up on this soapbox I have a little joke I like to tell Harley riders too, "Hey, if you want to sell your bike I understand the U.S. Navy is currently buying them, they have a shortage of anchors".

I have always wanted to buy a Harley, fancied a Night Train, (dont know the model number but something like XHHHDHHFHHSDHHSHHFDJJHHDUUUND), but I would only do it if I got rich, where I could keep it in my dream garage. UI always fancied a Buell as well but I stick to Honda's, after 11 bikes, 2 still owned and a Blackbird pending they have never let me down once
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »
Nothing like a Harley.

+1.  Not saying the performance is the best, but I doubt that why most people are buying a bike like a Harley.  There really is nothing like a Harley.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2012, 12:19:08 PM »

That is not the best analogy for your example. I'd take a Harley's function over a cbr600rr's function to travel across the country with or just go on a two hour cruise. When I had my GSXR600 I would be ready to get off the bike after a little more than an hour. For racing obviously the sport bikes are the choice. But just for cruising around town and back roads comfortably on the street while giving their wives an orgasm on the back from the vibrations, I'd take a Harley all day. It is merely personal preference on what you want to do with your bike, not that one has better function than the other.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2012, 01:17:37 PM »
while giving their wives an orgasm on the back from the vibrations

Isn't it dangerous to drive with a slippery back wheel?  :D

OTOH with all that vibration in your groin that's probably the ONLY way she's going to come in a while  :cool:
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »
Isn't it dangerous to drive with a slippery back wheel?  :D

OTOH with all that vibration in your groin that's probably the ONLY way she's going to come in a while  :cool:
You have serious hard on for me don't you? You're acting like you just found out I screwed your wife. Feel free to PM me if you really do have a problem with me.  :aok

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
You have serious hard on for me don't you? You're acting like you just found out I screwed your wife. Feel free to PM me if you really do have a problem with me.  :aok

Lol I didn't mean to be personal. The slippery back wheel was obviously a joke and stuff about vibration in the groin really does a man no good. Does the Harley really vibrate enough to get girls excited? :)

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2012, 03:53:23 PM »
Lol I didn't mean to be personal. The slippery back wheel was obviously a joke and stuff about vibration in the groin really does a man no good. Does the Harley really vibrate enough to get girls excited? :)
I've not owned a Harley yet, but I have been told by two different women that it absolutely gets them off, not just excited. :cheers:

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2012, 04:02:24 PM »
i dont know about the ones from the last 2 years with the new engine mounts but the old ones used to vibrate so much if you had a girl on the back she was seriously ready for a roll when the ride was over. old 1200 sporty on a bumpy road was foreplay...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2012, 05:31:22 PM »
i dont know about the ones from the last 2 years with the new engine mounts but the old ones used to vibrate so much if you had a girl on the back she was seriously ready for a roll when the ride was over. old 1200 sporty on a bumpy road was foreplay...
My Nissan Pulsar with the dodgy wheel alignment works too.  :cheers:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2012, 02:57:36 AM »
My Nissan Pulsar with the dodgy wheel alignment works too.  :cheers:

When I was a teenager I had 4 subwoofers mounted directly at the back seat. The girls loved the bass, although I didn't immediately realize why  ;)