Author Topic: Message to the creators of Aces High II  (Read 5286 times)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Message to the creators of Aces High II
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2012, 05:44:12 AM »
When I was a teenager I had 4 subwoofers mounted directly at the back seat. The girls loved the bass, although I didn't immediately realize why  ;)
when I was a teenager we didn't have subwoofers, we held rusty garbage cans up to our ears and hit them with a log in time to the music while walking to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2012, 05:59:16 AM »
when I was a teenager we didn't have subwoofers, we held rusty garbage cans up to our ears and hit them with a log in time to the music while walking to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways.

Well when I was a teenager almost nobody else had them either. I remember people coming to see in amazement when we played music in the city center. Back then big amps and subs were hard to find and expensive - nowadays you can find them even in mail order catalogs :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2012, 11:06:35 PM »
That is not the best analogy for your example. I'd take a Harley's function over a cbr600rr's function to travel across the country with or just go on a two hour cruise. When I had my GSXR600 I would be ready to get off the bike after a little more than an hour. For racing obviously the sport bikes are the choice. But just for cruising around town and back roads comfortably on the street while giving their wives an orgasm on the back from the vibrations, I'd take a Harley all day. It is merely personal preference on what you want to do with your bike, not that one has better function than the other.

HL < ----- 1985 Gixxer 750    :aok  --- still making me feel young!
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2012, 12:10:47 AM »

HL < ----- 1985 Gixxer 750    :aok  --- still making me feel young!
I have an 89 that I rode into the ground and is undergoing a painstaking rebirth.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
I have an 89 that I rode into the ground and is undergoing a painstaking rebirth.

Kewl same here with the 86 GSXR I have, I typoed the year in teh earlier reply, where are you getting your "Quality" parts from? since I have many to buy, including fairings, many sources not sure which ones are reputable, barring they are not all made in the same place.

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »
My first good find that started me down the track was an engine out of an M model (1991) with a yoshimura 810 kit in it, fairings aren't an issue as it's being rebuilt as a streetfighter and most other stuff can be easily found since it's not very original anymore. Here is a pic that's a few years old but not much has changed anyway (slackass)

sorry about the quality, they were taken on a cheap cell phone.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2012, 06:49:08 PM »
My first good find that started me down the track was an engine out of an M model (1991) with a yoshimura 810 kit in it, fairings aren't an issue as it's being rebuilt as a streetfighter and most other stuff can be easily found since it's not very original anymore. Here is a pic that's a few years old but not much has changed anyway (slackass)

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

sorry about the quality, they were taken on a cheap cell phone.

Get back to workin on that thing.  It's cool, gunna be a ball to ride I'll bet too.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2012, 10:23:38 PM »
I've not owned a Harley yet, but I have been told by two different women that it absolutely gets them off, not just excited. 

soooo very true :devil :devil 94 fxr lug it down in a higher gear the engine really vibrates  :D, had a 54 triumph that I chopped, the wife never rode on that one, she didnt like the idea of no shocks.