Author Topic: Message to the creators of Aces High II  (Read 5273 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: Message to the creators of Aces High II
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 08:54:02 AM »
I'm not very computer savy but can anyone run the current graphic settings at max and still maintain a framerate above 40? I have a decent system and turn off much of the eye candy to keep the framerate at 60. With the demands of "both" can we really have it all? Until then I'm happy with subpar eye candy, excellent combat.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 09:58:15 AM »
I'm not very computer savy but can anyone run the current graphic settings at max and still maintain a framerate above 40? I have a decent system and turn off much of the eye candy to keep the framerate at 60. With the demands of "both" can we really have it all? Until then I'm happy with subpar eye candy, excellent combat.

Boo
I got everything I can turned off  just to keep my frame rate in the and teens and twenties. So I don't care a hoot about graphic detail the ground and water all look like a 4 year old s finger painting to me anyhow.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 10:08:54 AM »
All you people laughing and making fun. :rolleyes:

Probably a nice pilot just offering the best advice he can think of. :salute

What's your best advice or is laughing and making fun the best you can do? :headscratch:

:noid

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 10:14:56 AM »
All you people laughing and making fun. :rolleyes:

Probably a nice pilot just offering the best advice he can think of. :salute

What's your best advice? :headscratch:

Go to school and learn Graphic Design, Start a Game company, Develope the best Flight sim ever made. Tweek your mistakes in programing. Attract and keep a client base meanwhile paying the bills and keeping the company afloat. Then you can sleep.  :aok

Go for it!  :banana:

Spitter123 says "The graphics in the game arn't that good but still pretty good"  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:19:12 AM by Slate »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 11:34:36 AM »
UHhh  :bolt:
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
I was excited when PONG first came out. So for me the graphics here are just fine.....especially since the price to play this game hasn't changed in the 6+ years I've been playing.
Charlie don't surf!

Offline StrungFlanker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »
The graphics are amazing. IT's a SIMULATOR DUDE.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »
i wonder if the OP is even running everything maxxed out to begin with?

Apparently not, I never seen Aces High with full graphics on for well over 5 years... maybe longer... until February of this year.

30 Inch screen with full graphics, I still get blown away by the skins.. Go from 1280x1024 to 2600x1600 - No graphics to full graphics.. You start to appreciate stuff quite more.
I used to always tank with NO terrain features on, no grass - can't see more then 1 mile or so? I mean it was horrible, pretty much I called it "arcade", and I didn't have a choice in it, if I turned terrain on my FPS would drop below 15 and It sucked.

I should dig into my laptop and get a few screenshots and show a nice comparison -its apples to oranges.

JG 52

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »
 :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 03:25:49 PM »
I got everything I can turned off  just to keep my frame rate in the and teens and twenties. So I don't care a hoot about graphic detail the ground and water all look like a 4 year old s finger painting to me anyhow.
Same exact thing here, HIGH FIVE! 
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »
Hasn't HTC said that they can create graphics as good as in the likes of IL2 etc but by doing so would make the game unplayable for the majority of the customers here, and so they have settled on good (Not awsome) graphics and a larger player base?
Forgive me if I'm mistaken on this but I'm sure I've seen someone (Maybe Pyro) make this comment. I'd personally rather what they have now that a game with amazing graphics and about 100 people all in to fly with. I like finding fights atm.

:salute HTC for a great game and an unbeatable price
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 05:37:32 PM »
Hasn't HTC said that they can create graphics as good as in the likes of IL2 etc but by doing so would make the game unplayable for the majority of the customers here, and so they have settled on good (Not awsome) graphics and a larger player base?
Forgive me if I'm mistaken on this but I'm sure I've seen someone (Maybe Pyro) make this comment. I'd personally rather what they have now that a game with amazing graphics and about 100 people all in to fly with. I like finding fights atm.

:salute HTC for a great game and an unbeatable price

if you want amazing graphics go play world of planes or warplanes  whichever one wot is spinning out.  then come back and play here and see the difference.  graphics look pretty good to me.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 05:46:08 PM »
if you want amazing graphics go play world of planes or warplanes  whichever one wot is spinning out.  then come back and play here and see the difference.  graphics look pretty good to me.

semp

Semp,
I have a laptop only. I can't play on full settings. Wish I could. I've seen a few clips and it looks amazing. What I am saying is that we do not have the best graphics on the market. However nor do we have the best graphics HTC can create, simply because they wish to keep a larger player base over looking good. What use is a great looking game if no one can play it?
I am happy with the choice they have made. I am simply saying that we do not have the best graphics on the market.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »
Semp,
I have a laptop only. I can't play on full settings. Wish I could. I've seen a few clips and it looks amazing. What I am saying is that we do not have the best graphics on the market. However nor do we have the best graphics HTC can create, simply because they wish to keep a larger player base over looking good. What use is a great looking game if no one can play it?
I am happy with the choice they have made. I am simply saying that we do not have the best graphics on the market.

I totally agree with you, except for the "i have a crappy system only".  buy a good system you cheap bastage :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »
 :rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3