Author Topic: Message to the creators of Aces High II  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
Re: Message to the creators of Aces High II
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 06:55:33 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline bongboy1

• Copper Member
      • Jokers Jokers
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »
I'm happy with it  :aok. I think they should focus on adding more planes n gvs  :airplane:
Jokers Jokers

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2012, 07:26:05 PM »

I totally agree with you, except for the "i have a crappy system only".  buy a good system you cheap bastage :).

semp

Much as I would love to, unfortunatly I am in the same boat as many with money being in short supply. I have enough to get through monthly bills etc plus putting a bit aside so I can go on holiday. I can run AH reasonably well, with decent settings at 59FPS so I am not complaining. This is where I am glad of HT's stance. If they bumped up the graphics to say IL2 standard (Which I believe is well within their capability) then I would not be able to fly. For this I am thankful.

Trust me, when I get the cash, I will get a good system, hopefull triple screen. Heck, I'll just for for a whole Simpit :D
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 01:55:43 AM »
Much as I would love to, unfortunatly I am in the same boat as many with money being in short supply. I have enough to get through monthly bills etc plus putting a bit aside so I can go on holiday. I can run AH reasonably well, with decent settings at 59FPS so I am not complaining. This is where I am glad of HT's stance. If they bumped up the graphics to say IL2 standard (Which I believe is well within their capability) then I would not be able to fly. For this I am thankful.

Trust me, when I get the cash, I will get a good system, hopefull triple screen. Heck, I'll just for for a whole Simpit :D

this is funny i have a great system but most likely next month I wont have a place for my system :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 02:10:38 AM »
The graphics in the game arn't that good but still pretty good. I was thinking, If possible you could go to other flight simulator companies and see what they use for graphics. They might give you some help with the graphics as well.
It's only an idea so, I understand if it can't happen.

i might have put this in the wrong forum, sry if I did.

think it's a good idea? PM (Private Message) me or leave reply on post.
Thanks.

From what I am reading here, your saying that AH is a sub-par flight simulator.  Shame on you.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
Mainly because none of the pretty games have figured out the FM.

Agreed.  I'll take FM over eye candy any day.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »
If possible you could go to other flight simulator companies and see what they use for graphics. They might give you some help

:rofl
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 10:50:17 AM »

Same here
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »
In my humble oppion  :bolt:

They allrdy have a great product.

Increasing the graphical requirments for a system inorder too run the game would be a no-no. In the game you can adjust your settings to hit the "fps benchmark".  Adding to the TopEnd of that slider would be the best option provided the guys at HTC havent done this to its fullest.

Most of the posting in here has been on the topic of FM or Game Play which is or was not intended by the OP id bet. Visually the game is very "crisp" & "sharp" when it comes to details that resemble real world. You have to have a system inorder too see or feel that difference. Water Reflection comes too mind... Its Freakin Shweet!! Most players can not run the game with this setting on (i dont know im guessing here because of fps hit) however for the look of the game... I am suggesting a better computer than an overhull of the game graphicaly speaking.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 08:42:53 AM »

:rock
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 01:55:41 AM »
You do realize that you can have both right? Graphics don't need to be balanced by gameplay, and better graphics doesn't mean gameplay will suffer. I don't understand why so many people defend our subpar graphics because of the flight model and game play. You can have both.  :bhead

moin

you cant, no other flight sime were you can fly with 600 peoples on one mape can over better grafiks. or everyone need better computers.

cu christian

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 11:36:22 AM »
Maybe not the absolute best on the market, but with all the options turned on, it looks pretty damn awesome, IMO.  I'm not sure how people can be unimpressed with the graphics when they are like that.  Maybe its just cuz I'm used to almost no eye candy, to save my frame rate.

I also run on a laptop, and cannot turn many of the eye candy options on.  But sometimes I see vid on youtube or screen pics from other people who have the best graphics cards out there, and I am honestly blown away with how good the game looks when you have the capabilities to run all the options.  Considering how good the gameplay is, and the ability to have 600 players on at the same time, and the fact that it allows for people of all graphics capability ranges(from no eye candy, to full eye candy) play at the same time, I think AH is doing a great job.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 11:56:31 AM »
You do realize that you can have both right? Graphics don't need to be balanced by gameplay, and better graphics doesn't mean gameplay will suffer. I don't understand why so many people defend our subpar graphics because of the flight model and game play. You can have both.  :bhead
you honestly do not have a clue what you're talking about. you couldn't afford the computer hardware needed for what you're thinking htc should do with the graphics.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 12:08:36 PM »
I smell a "Persona Non Grata" in your Future
Na thats Dolby hes still got a little on him  :O

Calm down D its  a joke.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:11:32 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »

If you have enough cash you can have anything.  But seriously, HTCs I think does it primarily to support those whos computers/machines are still 8-10 years old.  It's comming around, but they want to give time for the consumer to get caught up too.

Those who desire and hunger for the newest and greatest (and can afford it) will always continue to desire the newest and greatest.

Oh and this -
Mainly because none of the pretty games have figured out the FM.

HTC comes off as caring more about the flying aspect of their simulation more than most companies that seem to just care about just creating a (-nother) simulation/carnival-ride that they can sell lots of tickets for.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.