Author Topic: Message to the creators of Aces High II  (Read 5139 times)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Re: Message to the creators of Aces High II
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
You are wrong.

HiTech

Well, you wanted an answer! There we go! What more do you want!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2012, 06:39:57 PM »
(aside....more intense graphics would require more bandwidth as well?)

More bandwith in downloading the game.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »
Can you elaborate a little more please?

Everything (planes, vehicles, buildings, trees, etc.) are modeled in 3D; things like cockpits are not 2D graphics to make it look like you're in a cockpit. You want smooth curves, then it's more vertices on the 3D objects. More vertices means more memory and processor power. Now multiply that by the number of objects in your area that the game has to render for you.

I personally think HTC is doing a good job balancing eye candy and game requirements that allow the largest number of people to play the game.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »
Everything (planes, vehicles, buildings, trees, etc.) are modeled in 3D; things like cockpits are not 2D graphics to make it look like you're in a cockpit. You want smooth curves, then it's more vertices on the 3D objects. More vertices means more memory and processor power. Now multiply that by the number of objects in your area that the game has to render for you.

I personally think HTC is doing a good job balancing eye candy and game requirements that allow the largest number of people to play the game.

dingdingdingdingding you are a winner!!

Sorry its just a thumbs up  :aok, no car or showcase.
JG 52

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »

not a programmer here, but if you think about it the answer to your question is the reason for having all those boxes as options under the graphics tab.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »
not a programmer here, but if you think about it the answer to your question is the reason for having all those boxes as options under the graphics tab.

semp

Im not talking about the things in the check like reflections and such, I am asking for purely the artwork side. Like if you and I were to each draw a stick figure, what would make my drawing use more resources than your drawing?

edit: I understand a stick figure is a 2D drawing, and ImADot had the best answer yet as far as the 3D rendering.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:46:40 PM by SilverZ06 »

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2012, 07:40:27 PM »

Thank you ImADot, That makes sense, I guess I just have a hard time believing this is as good as it gets when other games look so much better and don't seem to tax my system to the limits like everyone is saying will happen if HTC were to have better artwork. I guess I'll just keep flying and hoping for more to come.  :pray

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2012, 07:44:25 PM »
Well, you wanted an answer! There we go! What more do you want!

Something with substance to learn from. A "you are wrong" doesn't explain why I am wrong. I am not looking for an argument, I'm looking to learn and get a better understanding as to why.

Did you see those screen shots I got for you? Does it look much different than what you see when you play?

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »
Whats an MMO without players. The worlds best graphics = less folks that are able to play = no one to shoot down. How fun is that?

Not here to look at my reflection in the cockpit glass...just want to fight  :joystick:

And I still think the graphics in this game are very good.

AH Rocks  :rock

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »
Something with substance to learn from. A "you are wrong" doesn't explain why I am wrong. I am not looking for an argument, I'm looking to learn and get a better understanding as to why.

Did you see those screen shots I got for you? Does it look much different than what you see when you play?

I think you are lucky to get any response at all.  From the guy that built the game that you enjoy playing.  In a timely manner.  If HiTech is responding from work, well thats company time you are infringing upon.  If he is responding on his own time, well then that's what it is, his time.  I do not think you are demanding an answer but it does sort of soundlike that.  i do not think you deserve an answer as a customer, you pay 14.95 a month to play.  The education you are asking for is surely worth much more and should not be demanded by a reasonable person in my opinion.  Is it not a bit selfish of you to demand an answer, taking up his valuable time to answer when he might be using his time to improve the game for all of us?

For me, a demand never has a "please", and I see none given by you Silver.

I do not believe I am taking anyone's side here, I argue for the side of civility sir.  :salute

I ask that you take no humbrage from my remarks as I only offer you my opinion.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »
Who cares if you can see dirt and grime in the cocpit?

The main emphasis of the game is combat, and if you're focusing on the graphics to the point that Hitech himself near enough saying its not going to happen won't deter you from arguing, then the graphics won't make you enjoy the game anymore.

Do I want better graphics? Yes, but I want updated 109/190's more. I want some improved directionality from the lighting more than I want better graphics. I want a Panzer III more than I want to tax my system with graphics I probably won't pay much attention to.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2012, 08:45:55 PM »
Higher polygon counts take more processes to render.  Higher resolution textures take more memory and processing power to render.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2012, 09:02:55 PM »
Better Graphics = Better Hardware = Higher Cost = Increase In Wife Ack.

:aok   

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2012, 09:10:50 PM »
Zoney, I was not demanding Hitech answer my question, nor was I asking him to teach me how to code or even draw. I was merely having a discussion (this is a disscussion board) and trying to actually learn something. Unfortunately it is hard to tell tones in writing. So if I came off demanding I apologize to you and Hitech. I appreciate him taking the time to answer questions. An answer like ImADot and Karnack gave are what I was hoping for. I will learn nothing from just "you are wrong".

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2012, 09:15:11 PM »
Better Graphics = Better Hardware = Higher Cost = Increase In Wife Ack.

:aok   

HL
Wife ack is easy to contain with a bottle of wine. When my wife starts with the ack I simply smash said bottle over her head and the ack immediately stops. When she wakes up I just tell her she slipped and fell. Rinse and repeat as necessary.