Author Topic: Side switch time  (Read 7247 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Side switch time
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2012, 08:20:23 PM »
bustr you are right on.  But that's probably the percocet and two xanas that I took talking  :cheers:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »
bustr you are right on.  But that's probably the percocet and two xanas that I took talking  :cheers:

semp

I see you kids are still up to your same shenanigans.
See Rule #4

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2012, 11:42:32 PM »
all I wanna do is shoot vulchers with a field gun, so all I wanna do is switch to the low side, usually.  This is typically bishops during north american prime time.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2012, 11:50:35 PM »
all I wanna do is shoot vulchers with a field gun, so all I wanna do is switch to the low side, usually.  This is typically bishops during north american prime time.
Then rooks a couple of hours after that, then nits a few hours after that. Two or three hours is plenty but one would be nice. Bustr, some of us were very aware of the side changing time limits, I guarantee any odd hours player is.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2012, 12:15:58 AM »
I hate the 12 hour rule I'd rather it be maximum of 4 hours or lower.

Lower it HTC peer pressure demands it  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2012, 04:13:55 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I see you kids are still up to your same shenanigans.

yeah you are right, people always bring up this kinds of threads claiming blah, blah  to the game but never actually are honest abut their intentions.  I want to switch anytime i feel like it because I want to kill as many as I can, that's it.  it doesnt get any simpler.

a 1 hour switch time wont really make a difference anymore than a 12 hour will do.  I used to switch when we had the 1 hour and more than 1/2 the time I would switch to the wrong country and be stuck there for another hour in another boring night or if there was a fight it would end in 5 or 10 minutes then I would wait another hour then switch and find out that the fight had now switch to the country that I had just left.

so really the option isnt about how many minutes makes sense, but how I can switch to whichever place I feel will make it funner for me.  and that is the honest truth.  rest of you guys asking for 1 or 3 or 4 hours are just bs'ing yourselves.  either make it at will or it wont really make a difference as most likely you will get stuck in the wrong country.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2012, 08:36:03 AM »
yeah you are right, people always bring up this kinds of threads claiming blah, blah  to the game but never actually are honest abut their intentions.  I want to switch anytime i feel like it because I want to kill as many as I can, that's it.  it doesnt get any simpler.

Its not that people are being dishonest in any way, wanting to kill as much as you can is the result of successful combat and combat is the name of the game, you have tried to use this as a counter argument? a slur of the character of people requesting more combat?? and therefore on their request??  :rolleyes: Thats the point of the game it doesn't need to be said really, what are you here for photo recon? taking in the scenery  :rolleyes:

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2012, 08:56:11 AM »
Semp, I'm suprised you are against this you dont even like flying more than a sector and a half to find a fight.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2012, 02:53:04 PM »
Semp made an excellent point if any of you attempted to read his last post as much as search it for the ammo in your next girly fight with him.

I am in agreement with semp that what you guys actualy need is the ability to switch at will to achive moving with the fights as they ebb and flow. 60 minutes still leaves you victims of poor choice and the caprices of the players moods involved in the fights you want to follow.

What none of you will concede, is that Hitech has a greater responsibilty to the total game community, to manage the LWMA single instance arena from his decades of experience, so that it is a healthy place rather than just a reflection of your emidiate wants and desires as they change over time.

The group of you are asserting your wants trump Hitech's judgement in how to keep his doors open. Some with untested anecdotal observations of a short term administrative oversight. The rest only of a two arena model with 400+ players spread across them. And no real understanding why 2 arenas with 60 minute limits is not the same species as a single arena with a 60 minute limit when populated with hundreds of players. Not even single arena model experience over an extended period of decades with the social results of player migrations. Afterall, Hitech has worked from the backend administrative position of essentialy this game during it's evolutions since AW, how many years ago? And how many players ago? And how many experiences in managing the results of player migrations?

So, the only person who qualifies as having experienced over decades, the human nature in this game which forces the 12 hour timer today is Hitech. I can only assume your assertions demonstrate that yourselves are eminently more qualified than Hitech to judge how players over time will respond to 60 minutes limiting their time to switch sides versus 12 hours.

Or lets simplify this. If all of you as usual under scrutiny are going to swear on a stack of bibles that you are not challenging his experience and expertiese of this matter to his face in his own house. One might mistake your stance is based on not beleiving his veracity.

So which is it gentelmen?

His veracity or his expertiese?   

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2012, 02:59:04 PM »
bustr, please use spell check.

I will not read the ramblings of a mad man if there are spelling errors.
See Rule #4

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
I thin k1-4 hours is fine 0 is too short anything more than 4 is  asinine.  Zero is too short  becaus eyou know  people would up bombers left n rigth to sink CV/s
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »
I thin k1-4 hours is fine 0 is too short anything more than 4 is  asinine.  Zero is too short  becaus eyou know  people would up bombers left n rigth to sink CV/s

because that doesn't happen at all right now.

:rolleyes:
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »
I think the paying subscribers have poor bargaining rights..  :angel:
- TWBYDHAS

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2012, 07:00:17 PM »
While being able to switch at any time would be great, most intelligent people know it would be heavily abused. Hitech has set it at 12 hours because "that is how it was before the dual arenas", and that is what his experience told him works, but that was back then, this is now.

Like the problem when they had 2 late war arenas a compromise was reach to allow the Euro players to have a single arena to have a better playable population. The players of years ago were more squad orientated, team orientated as such they didn't switch much. Fights could be had over "fighter town" (yes we had those). Gv battles happened at many spawn points as they were often used to capture bases, as well as at Tank Towns (yes we had and USED them too). Bombers hit strat, and coordinated with fighters to hit towns/fields to aid in captures. 

In todays game play style is much different. Fights are harder to come by unless you like flying in a horde, or against one. With the new strats the bombers are back, but a couple months ago how many buffs did you see in the air? Not many. If hitting starts STAYS popular you may see fighters attacking them more which will bring out the defensive fighters which will create a fight. If the players give up on the strats as they are un-important to rolling bases the game will be right back where it was a couple months ago.

So yes the game is much different than it was back then when 12 hours was the way to go, maybe it's time to revamp that logic. Maybe it's time to compromise and drop it to 3 or 4 hours. I don't remember wild swings in side switching for the month or two that we still had the 1 hour switch time and the single arena, but I don't have the data that Hitech has. 

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2012, 07:06:42 PM »
With the new strats the bombers are back, but a couple months ago how many buffs did you see in the air? Not many.

The percentage of time spend in bombers (= bombers in the air at any given time) has been remarkably stable (steadily, but very slowly rising) over the years, and basically hasn't changed with the new strats.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:09:02 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman