Author Topic: Side switch time  (Read 7246 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Side switch time
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2012, 07:43:22 PM »
Melvin,

If spelling nanny is all you have in your day, go play WoW, or troll the Townhall.com forums to help get someone re-elected. Or help these gentelmen decide which it is from your lofty perch after your restfull hiatus. You missed the memo a few years back. No one cares about spelling anymore unless they don't have the ACM for the fight.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »
because that doesn't happen at all right now.

:rolleyes:
Yeah it happens but nowhwere on the scale that it would with no switch time restriction.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »
Yeah it happens but nowhwere on the scale that it would with no switch time restriction.

so, hidden cv's get killed more often? big deal.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »
No one cares about spelling anymore

Hey!

Some of us do retain our standards!

- oldman (Melvin was just funnin' you, Bustr.  I note you took no issue with the "madman" part....)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2012, 06:38:30 PM »
Oldman,

Spelling was the excuse to justify the insult. If he had the ACM for the fight he wouldn't resort to "argumentum ad hominem" quipping to make him appear a literary genius and a hero of the silent masses in his audience with his drive-by. One liners are very rarely the work of a confident literarian. Most often someone playing the audience by insulting them with their own addiction to the baser conduct they whish they could use as the normative for personal conduct.

Anyone can pick up a "Horse Apple" and fling it to make themselves look good knowing it will always garner a laugh from the baser minded in the audience. The trick is to never let the audience smell their hand, so as to give a false impression of smelling like roses from previously splashing themselves with "Eau de toilette" as some form of moraly positive magic. Anyone with no self respect can fling a "Horse Apple". But, a fool only convinces fools his hand smells like a rose.

Hmmm first veracity or expertise. Now "Horse Apples", smelling like roses or being fools.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2012, 06:42:33 PM »
Wow, you take yourself far too seriously.

And as far as ACM goes, come to the AvA next Thursday and watch me beat you like a rented mule.

:salute
See Rule #4

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2012, 07:48:23 PM »
bustr is the only person i've seen who can talk about horse apples for 3 paragraphs, in response to someone messing with him about a spelling error.   :D
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2012, 08:02:32 PM »
Melvin,

Your ability to twitch a joystick is not the ability to be a literarian. Your challenge is exactly like trying to convice me a "Horse Apple" smells like a rose to save face with your perceived supportive audience. Your hand now smells like a "Horse Apple" and I'm not the fool who who picked up and handeled a stinky peice of excrement to entertaine my like minded audience.

I freely surrender to you as the winner of the  "Horse Apple"  holding and hand smelling of  "Horse Apple"  contest you just held with yourself. I hold no candel to your mastery at holding  "Horse Apples"  in your hand or smelling of it. Peace be with you and your smelly  "Horse Apples"  since you have a loyal following of adoring admirers of your  "Horse Apple" wrangling skills.

I always thought  "Horse Apples"  were  "Horse Apples"  until now. But, then anonymous forums have become the repository for the  "Horse Apple"  minded and their infatuations of it's smelly virtues.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »
why would you even bother reading any of bustr's posts?

i just let my eyes float over them to the next one, it's not like he ever actually says anything

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2012, 08:40:09 PM »
12 hours is completely ridiculous.

I think so too......... needs to be 24 to 72 hours. And like Airwarrior you can't switch at all if you are in a Sqdn.... Sqdn Co. can move the Sqdn, but members can't move on their own. There was a reason we didn't have short switch times in AW & WB, they didn't work.

Cav
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2012, 08:56:47 PM »
I think so too......... needs to be 24 to 72 hours. And like Airwarrior you can't switch at all if you are in a Sqdn.... Sqdn Co. can move the Sqdn, but members can't move on their own. There was a reason we didn't have short switch times in AW & WB, they didn't work.

Cav

run, i'll try to cover you  :noid.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2012, 10:18:34 PM »
 :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2012, 11:38:25 PM »
also, literarian isn't a real word.  :neener:

it is a fake word, though!
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2012, 01:24:16 AM »
:rofl

yeah unlike you I dont pretend that I switch to help the low side.  I want to switch to get more kllls.  I couldnt care less which side has more players or is about to win the war or to even out the eny.  i want to switch at will to whichever side i want anytime I  want.

this asking for a 2 or 3 or 4 hour switch time is dumb.  it is the same as a 12 hour switch time.  a couple of years ago when we had the 1 or 2 hour switch time, i would switch and I would get stuck more than 1/2 the time in another country that had no fights or the fight would switch back to the country than i just came from.

so asking for a 4 hour switch time wont really make a difference than having a 12 hour switch time.  seriously late at night or during the day do you tell your friends, sure I'll be there in 230 minutes?

semp

semp
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:29:43 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.