Author Topic: Side switch time  (Read 7618 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Side switch time
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 06:34:22 PM »
I think I got a good idea of what is going on here....

*takes note of the time that this thread started and has had the most replies*

*takes note of the time that Trinity has been put up and is currently the map being hosted in the roation*

If it's not the worst map, it definetley is the most interesting for a case study with this online community.   :noid  :banana:  :airplane:

:eek:

Dude... you just blew my mind.  That's... amazingly plausible.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2012, 05:17:26 AM »

can you all of you guys say it with an oliver twist voice  "please sir, may i have some less time?"

isnt it a beatch, when it was a 1 hour switch time you werent happy.  now you wish it was back to 1 hour.  at least i am honest when i say that i wish it  to switch at will so i can switch anytime i want to get more kills than I would do than if I stayed in whichever country i was.  and that was even mentioned in a couple of those quotes you had on me.

you guys remind me of my kids when they were little 20 years ago, they would always been whining "we are bored, our toys are boring", I would always tell them to find new ways to play with them but they would always want somebody to make it funner for them.

you guys are a bunch of grown men that have been playing for years and you still want others to make the game fun for you.  use the tools you have and stop whining.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2012, 07:15:23 AM »
<SNIP>

I hardly play anymore.

semp

<SNIP>

Compared to what?

339 hours  so far this year is not that much anymore?

That's an average of 37 hours per tour.

Your time declined in May and June (as most do, due to being outside in the summer) but it started to go back up after that (with the exception of last tour)

I'm gonna go get my deep boots, now.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2012, 07:56:38 AM »
im the big boy and im telling you the tutti
it isnt going that way.
I (we) dont want more kills, nor more perks, nothing, just to fight with/against those ones we like. Because we have paid for a combat game and we would like to get the maximum reward for our - otherwise not as little - money.
Is it that hard to understand?
AoM
City of ice

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2012, 08:20:32 AM »

can you all of you guys say it with an oliver twist voice  "please sir, may i have some less time?"

isnt it a beatch, when it was a 1 hour switch time you werent happy.  now you wish it was back to 1 hour.  at least i am honest when i say that i wish it  to switch at will so i can switch anytime i want to get more kills than I would do than if I stayed in whichever country i was.  and that was even mentioned in a couple of those quotes you had on me.

you guys remind me of my kids when they were little 20 years ago, they would always been whining "we are bored, our toys are boring", I would always tell them to find new ways to play with them but they would always want somebody to make it funner for them.

you guys are a bunch of grown men that have been playing for years and you still want others to make the game fun for you.  use the tools you have and stop whining.

semp

When it was one hour you were not happy?

I liked the one hour time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »
When it was one hour you were not happy?

I liked the one hour time.

As did I.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35:06 AM »
you guys
<SNIP>

"you guys" is such a broad term. I always loved the one-hour switch times, as did, I will venture to say,most players.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »
What is your angle here, Semp?  You chime in to every single thread on this subject and yet you never switch sides.  How do other players switching sides affect you?  It must be something very significant for you to never miss one of these threads. 

At least the people who don't like the 12 hour switch can provide reasonable and honest arguments against it.  How are they degrading your fun when they switch?  I've never seen any other topic opposed so often by a single player.  Detractors usually make their case against an idea and then move on.  You just keep at it again and again.  You really have sand in your vag over this.  Why?

What lights up your little red "Side Switching Thread Alert Phone" to make you keep chiming in?  How about coming clean here?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »
isnt it a beatch, when it was a 1 hour switch time you werent happy.

...I'm sorry to say that's patently false, I was quite happy.  Playing off hours when there just wasn't much going on, or if the side I was currently on had ridiculous ENY meant if someone from my squad happened to come on, I only had at most 59 minutes playing separately from them.

That's gone now for no good reason I can see.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2012, 11:11:43 AM »

semp

I never once complained about 1 hour switch times, neither did the vast majority of people who don't like the 12 hour switch times. It's pretty ironic that you call us children in an absolutely childish post.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2012, 11:34:04 AM »
This thread again?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 11:36:03 AM »
This thread again?

Babalonian's got an interesting theory.  Trinity's up, this thread starts...  :noid

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »
Can anyone deconstruct side switching under the 1 arena 12 hour rule versus the 2 arena 1 hour rule to create a compairison of what it's real function is in the game?

Or do any of you know exact reasons from HTC driving the side switching time value of 12 hours?

Yes, and yes.  This topic has been tread over many times before, and the impetus for the change has been clearly explained in other threads. It has nothing to do with spies, spying, or anything like that and has everything to do with smoothing out wild oscillations in numbers between sides in a high population arena.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2012, 02:33:13 PM »
Yes, and yes.  This topic has been tread over many times before, and the impetus for the change has been clearly explained in other threads. It has nothing to do with spies, spying, or anything like that and has everything to do with smoothing out wild oscillations in numbers between sides in a high population arena.

There has to be a better way, I think theres something wrong when a company seeing it upsets a significant amount of customers attempts nothing to fix it. I think the imbalance between the sides has been a lot worse since the 1 arena and a lot lot worse since 12 hour switching was introduced. Makes the game a matter of pot luck finding action for a few hours.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »
There has to be a better way, I think theres something wrong when a company seeing it upsets a significant amount of customers attempts nothing to fix it. I think the imbalance between the sides has been a lot worse since the 1 arena and a lot lot worse since 12 hour switching was introduced. Makes the game a matter of pot luck finding action for a few hours.

Maybe there's a better way, but I haven't seen anyone offer it yet.  I do think that the change fixes the problem it was meant to address, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's more "fun."  I know I enjoyed the one hour side switches as much as anyone.  

I think someone attempted to measure arena imbalance over time in a previous thread and found that, actually, the changes did have the intended effect.  So your anecdotal evidence doesn't match overall arena reality.