Author Topic: Why I still want to HO  (Read 7968 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Why I still want to HO
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 08:42:57 AM »
No Midway, you've been a very naughty boy. Now go to your room and think about what you've done before I bid the Kazaa God to return and frown upon you  :old:

I have only a few last words for you, nrshida, until you return from the dark side.

Consider your way. :old:

:pray :frown: :cry :pray

Consider your way, indeed. :old:

:pray

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
nrshida is presently unavailable as he has gone to meditate in the virtual Aces High mountains over the higher aspects of ACM and the merits of Yarble's signature. Please leave a message after the beep and he may or may not get back to you. BEEP.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
nrshida is presently unavailable as he has gone to meditate in the virtual Aces High mountains over the higher aspects of ACM and the merits of Yarble's signature. Please leave a message after the beep and he may or may not get back to you. BEEP.

Shida-san, this is my 7th attempt to contact you regarding the late fees you have incurred on the following titles:  Weiner Dog squeakes Gone Wild; Saddle Soap: Friend or Foe?; Twighlight: Behind The Scenes; Behind The Music: Bananarama; and Giraffe Roping - Novice to Expert in 2 Hours.  As I have stated before, your total outstanding bill is now $46.37.  If you fail to return these movies by November 30th, it will be assumed that you have decided to purchase these titles and your balance will be adjusted accordingly.  Thank you.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »
It was nice and quiet for awhile, but alas, the blather is back in earnest.
You must have been the most attention starved kid in your class.
I seldom respond to your blathering posts and am not sure why I'm doing it now.
Moment of weakness and frustration I guess.  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »
You guys make me feel sane.   :uhoh

Thank you.   :aok
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2012, 10:48:22 AM »
It was nice and quiet for awhile, but alas, the blather is back in earnest.
You must have been the most attention starved kid in your class.
I seldom respond to your blathering posts and am not sure why I'm doing it now.
Moment of weakness and frustration I guess.  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

consider your ways majwoody  :uhoh :pray :eek: :frown:
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2012, 10:51:40 AM »
consider your ways majwoody  :uhoh :pray :eek: :frown:

It's all good now DMGOD. Now all of his posts are the same..... "You are ignoring this user"  :aok
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:53:18 AM by MajWoody »
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Look away Midway, he could smite you with a single glance leaving only a pair of smoking moccasins  :eek:

Shida,  

Your quote above made me laugh heartily.  (I hope to one day have the honor of buying you a pint.) You have always seemed to be one of the most well-spoken, straight-shooting, helpful and insightful people on the boards.

Sadly one of Midway's greatest failings is how he so easily disregards good, honest advice, even when he asks for it.  This is especially true as the advice given is so often not what he wants to hear.  He sees only what he wants to see and twists the truth to suit him -- making lies into "truths" he can live with.  It's sad to watch him do this with someone of your nature, but that is what he does.

I gave up on Midway long ago after he casually dismissed some advice, after asking for it.  I no longer read his words or direct any back to him, here or on 200.  The best way to kill the attention starved is to ignore them.  If he does you the favor of tuning you out, just happily return the favor.

:salute
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:45:37 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2012, 04:34:47 PM »
Shida,

... twists the truth to suit him -- making lies into "truths" he can live with.  It's sad to watch him do this with someone of your nature, but that is what he does.

While some of what you say is indeed true (I don't take all advice and do pick and choose), the above is flat out wrong.  I do not make lies into truths.   They are not always "lies", sometimes people are just making "mistakes".  Either way, I identify said lies or mistakes for what they are.

Ex. AKAK saying I changed my ID related to the P38J being too much for me.  
Completely untrue.  A made up story on his part.  I've explained the truth here and yet he still carries on with his untruth.

Another Ex.  nrshida in this very thread saying "So desperate are you to win, you will take every advantage and every shot to assert and serve your agenda that you deserve to be given respect."
An obvious (to me) mistake on his part.  I do not have an agenda to assert that I be given respect.  Truth is I take every advantage and shot to down the enemy as practice to improve my skills and experience.  They are for my own satisfaction, not to assert that I deserved other's respect for said skills.

I've also in this thread and others provided many examples where nrshida is off the mark in his assesment of me, which I do not believe are "lies" at all, just frequent mistakes on his part.

No problem with mistakes, I do point them out to get the truth told.  There are many mistakes about my fighting and posting, and even a few outright lies by others, but I always strive to be honest, sincere, and to learn how to improve.

...and in that light and on that path, I continue my journey to being awesome, one day.  Substantial progress already having been made, as you know. :D

I'm sorry you are offended, kingpin, that I did not accept your advice.  I do accept many people's advice, but do reject many people's advice as well.  I have to use my best judgement and my improvement path benefits or suffers accordingly.

Truth is truth, and mistakes are mistakes. :old:

:)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:41:13 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2012, 06:43:05 PM »
Since you've directed this to me (despite my comments being to/for Shida) I will respond:

It was not my advice you dismissed that I'm referring to.  It was several pieces of sage advice, from several knowledgeable players on several occasions which you repeatedly dismissed and otherwise rationalized your way out of recognizing for what it was.

You have not offended me.  Frankly, I would have to hold you in considerably higher regard.  I only wanted to point out to Shida that you have wasted a good deal of time from many people with your repeated claims of seeking advice, and other such nonsense.

One point of contention: while you have improved a little for the many hours put in over the past two years, the extent of any improvement is much less than you think.  Before you dismiss that, although I know you will, I spend a fair amount of time watching films.  I watch all my FSO films.  I watch many of my MA films.  I view them from mine and others' perspectives.  While I don't engage your spit very often, as I tend to attack high-threat AC first, I do have you on film -- many times -- even recently.  I've watched it from your perspective.  But I won't be duped into wasting my time on advice for you.

Continue to deny what you will, blathler on, chalk things up to your rather frequent "moments of weakness".  It doesn't matter to me what you do.  I lost interest in your act long ago.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:49:40 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2012, 06:50:55 PM »
midway

you will never get beyond mediocre....you think you are better then guys that are far beyond you, because you may have gotten a kill on them.....I would bet not only were you in the spit but had plenty of friends all attacking him.....

I have tried to help you in the right path but you are stuck on the inane idea that you are good when in reality its the plane that has given you those kills....

now I just see you for what you are....A complete and utter joke.....

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »
Since you've directed this to me (despite my comments being to/for Shida) I will respond:

It was not my advice you dismissed that I'm referring to.  It was several pieces of sage advice, from several knowledgeable players on several occasions which you repeatedly dismissed and otherwise rationalized your way out of recognizing for what it was.

You have not offended me.  Frankly, I would have to hold you in considerably higher regard.  I only wanted to point out to Shida that you have wasted a good deal of time from many people with your repeated claims of seeking advice, and other such nonsense.

One point of contention: while you have a improved a little for the many hours put in over the past two years, your improvement is largely in your mind. Before you dismiss that, I spend time watching films.  I view them from mine and others' perspectives.  I don't often engage your spit, as I tend to attack high-threat AC first.  But, I do have you on film -- many times.  I've seen how you fly.  I've watched it from your perspective.  But I won't be duped into wasting my time on advice for you.

Continue to deny what you will, blathler on, chalk things up to your rather frequent "moments of weakness".  It doesn't matter to me what you do.  I lost interest in your act long ago.

Well, good... glad I didn't offend you... never intended to.  The fact is I have accepted many people's advice and have improved much over the last few months.  I have listened to (although often rejected) all advice... and am very appreciative to any advice I get.  Much advice is contradictory to others so I have to reject based on my judgement and accept based on my judgement, as you do to.  I also provide advice to people, ergo some of my posts.

I have also accepted and acted on much advice from nrshida, although recently his assessments seem to be far off the mark.  But that's ok... people make mistakes.... moment(s) of weakness and all.   No problem with that.

:salute :rock

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »
midway

you will never get beyond mediocre....you think you are better then guys that are far beyond you, because you may have gotten a kill on them.....I would bet not only were you in the spit but had plenty of friends all attacking him.....

I have tried to help you in the right path but you are stuck on the inane idea that you are good when in reality its the plane that has given you those kills....

I forgive you, Ink.... cause you are awesome... and a truly honourable pilot/man. :aok

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »
midway

This is exactly why we should not give up on the Midway's Skill placement thread!
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,341582.0.html
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)