Author Topic: Pand  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
Re: Pand
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »
I think I agree to pay S&H on said photo.  Damn. It.

You're lucky this time 80hd, you're off the hook on the shipping!    :D

Edit: Oh wait now, there is more!  The aforementioned squad mate has brought to my attention something that, in my embarrassment, I neglected to address previously.  My fan club playfully enjoys ribbing me for "picking and running" in my Mustang of choice.  As to remove any shadow of a doubt, any challenger can do as much "picking and running" as they desire, as long as the challenge is completed inside of my total fighter sortie time of 4 hours, 12 minutes, and 27 seconds.

As an incentive to sweeten the pot, anyone capable of meeting or exceeding the given parameters within the time allotted and in a comparable (mid-war or earlier) aircraft to the P-51 Bravo, shall receive at no charge to themselves, an autographed 8x10 photo of yours truly--- So manage your time wisely, do not let climbing to 40K and fleeing when you appear to have lost the advantage ruin your chances at what is sure to become a collector's item (suitable for framing).

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 10:30:19 AM »
You're lucky this time 80hd, you're off the hook on the shipping!    :D

I think you should make an exception, only because Dolby said it couldn't be done...
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
I just tried your "challenge".

I have 50 air to air kills 0 deaths in the 109g6. It took me considerably longer than you. Flying a majority during off hours, I literally put on 12 sorties at 1 kill each, just jumping around the map looking for anything to shoot at. But I stayed out of the horde, didn't vultch, and never ran from a 1v1, including some very scary ones with Bruv in a seafire. I scored it under attack mode so that I could still brawl against the horde in a k4. I hope that doesn't disqualify me. I'd be sad. So is this enough to get that signed picture of you? Just in time for Christmas?

If you're game, I challenge you to become a regular face in our informal DA meets. Not that furball lake crap, but shaking it up mano y mano (and whatever Redbull is). Maybe I learned something flying to live, maybe you'll learn something flying to own.

I'm flying under "Thias" right now.
Look at me!

Ahhhh...I see now     

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 10:50:23 AM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh Bet you cant do it in a Spit 1 !  :neener: :neener: :neener: :cheers: :cheers: :x :x :neener: :neener:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »

If you're game, I challenge you to become a regular face in our informal DA meets. Not that furball lake crap, but shaking it up mano y mano (and whatever Redbull is).

Can I come?

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 12:34:25 PM »
Amazing job Scotch! maybe you too can get the Medal of Cartoon Honor then?  AND a signed photo!?

<S> sir...

(BTW When do you guys do your DA stuff, id love to join in, need to knock this rust off the stick...)

((BTW2 in game my callsign is now Castiel, just because it sounds cooler than sol... lol))
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 01:42:34 PM »
WTFG Scotch.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »
In November, flying the TA152 I managed to get to 61 kills before my first death.  Starting this month off, first flight, I had 4 kills, re-armed and was chasing a 190A8 that flew over his CV and got one-ping killed by the CV ack.  Some months you are the bug, some months you are the windshield.    :salute           
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 07:39:14 PM »
Fun little fight yesterday East of A9, i was in a LA5 that came across your G6. I remember a couple of friendlies on both sides knights vs rooks and us (you and i) getting low on the deck, it was fun till Archer came in and popped me ;)

Yes that was another one of the memorable fights I had. <S> Scotty

I have a question though,   did you get further excitement out of our fights in the knowledge that you were actively trying to survive the fight?   

Once in a fight, I'm always actively trying to win it. The fight is the excitement. The rare win in overcoming outrageous odds is more exciting to me. But there was certainly some excitement in flying more strategically.
When I'm "brawling" I worry less about positioning, being ganged, etc. Death is an accepted outcome. Here there was just as much challenge in watching the map, exiting before the cloud of red comes bearing down, and narrowly escaping close calls (ie, la7, niki, and zeke in trail). Perhaps I do have more interest in flying as a "complete" pilot. Pilots like Fester and Kappa can put together huge streaks and fly smart in the MA because they can rely on their fighting skills.

Salute sir, and I look forward to learning something in the DA!  Ping me anytime when you're on!  :salute

:aok I look forward to you joining in with us more than trying to teach you anything!
-AoM-

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »
nice, I was wondering who Thias is <S>
now posting as SirNuke

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
I just tried your "challenge".

I have 50 air to air kills 0 deaths in the 109g6. It took me considerably longer than you. Flying a majority during off hours, I literally put on 12 sorties at 1 kill each, just jumping around the map looking for anything to shoot at. But I stayed out of the horde, didn't vultch, and never ran from a 1v1, including some very scary ones with Bruv in a seafire. I scored it under attack mode so that I could still brawl against the horde in a k4. I hope that doesn't disqualify me. I'd be sad. So is this enough to get that signed picture of you? Just in time for Christmas?

If you're game, I challenge you to become a regular face in our informal DA meets. Not that furball lake crap, but shaking it up mano y mano (and whatever Redbull is). Maybe I learned something flying to live, maybe you'll learn something flying to own.

I'm flying under "Thias" right now.
Look at me!
:airplane:  There is no doubt that Pand is one of the top "sticks" in this game! Congrats on your 50 kill score! Now let me give you something else that Pand has done, which I think is beyond outstanding!! He flies the P-51B almost 95% of the time...recently he 9 kills in ONE sortie and returned to base with 40 bullets left in his 4 50 cal guns. Now there is a goal I would like to see anyone match!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »
recently he 9 kills in ONE sortie and returned to base with 40 bullets left in his 4 50 cal guns. Now there is a goal I would like to see anyone match!

9 kills in a single sortie isn't difficult, especially if you fly the way Pand does.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »
:airplane:  There is no doubt that Pand is one of the top "sticks" in this game! Congrats on your 50 kill score! Now let me give you something else that Pand has done, which I think is beyond outstanding!! He flies the P-51B almost 95% of the time...recently he 9 kills in ONE sortie and returned to base with 40 bullets left in his 4 50 cal guns. Now there is a goal I would like to see anyone match!
I have landed 10 kills in a G6 withouth rearming, no gondolas. Actually 3 were clean co-E 1v1s against spits, caught a low pony and an F4U, the remaining 5 were from a many vs many furball.
And i am not, nor i was, any good.
AoM
City of ice

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
9 kills in a single sortie isn't difficult, especially if you fly the way Pand does.

ack-ack

You have part of it right... if you fly like Pand it's not "difficult"... because he is one of the best pilots in the game.  We're lucky he hangs with us.

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »

ack-ack
How about 50 in a mid-war aircraft, and nothing but successful landings in 4 hours, 12 minutes, and 27 seconds --- flying like I do.  Thanks for signing up, and I'm excited to see you beat my time!  Good Luck and :salute

Official challenge posted here :  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,340466.msg4492305.html#msg4492305

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd