Author Topic: Do P51s breed sucky pilots??  (Read 4971 times)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
Re: Do P51s breed sucky pilots??
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2012, 09:06:17 PM »
51s don't breed sucky pilots. They breed lazy pilots.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2012, 10:47:18 PM »
Its a look at me post, but here's pretty much the best example I can give of pushing the 51 beyond its comfort zone.

I dont think ive ever heard of the F4U pilot, but regardless it was a fun fight. He should have had me a few times, but I'll chalk that up to unpredictable defensive flying :)

This is why I love flying the 51. People dont expect such aggressive fighting from them, but when it happens, it makes for magical videos.

Fight starts around 11:11.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6C370AvgKAmUmd5SlpvS00yYUE
Ripley

4th Fighter Group "Debden Eagles"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2012, 03:04:29 PM »
51s don't breed sucky pilots. They breed lazy pilots.
Ha! you should of seen me fighting Dodger's 202 the other night. One fight I had to disengage because I was just plumb tuckered out  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline lerxst

• Zinc Member
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »
HELLO GUYS, just asking if one of those good p51-D People out there might have some time to do a walk through video,like the ones on the 109's and zeros ive seen on you tube. im no ace by any means however,im always looking to learn from the upper crust types who have air time in said plane. i dont mind being shot down in a fight but i also like to learn what im doing wrong in that plane,no fun if your not learning ! thanks

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2012, 06:03:51 PM »
HELLO GUYS, just asking if one of those good p51-D People out there might have some time to do a walk through video,like the ones on the 109's and zeros ive seen on you tube. im no ace by any means however,im always looking to learn from the upper crust types who have air time in said plane. i dont mind being shot down in a fight but i also like to learn what im doing wrong in that plane,no fun if your not learning ! thanks

You should look up BatfinkV in game...he's a trainer...he'd be happy to help you as any of the trainers would I'm sure.

Lots of good Pony drivers in game...some have been mentioned in this thread...see if you can fly with them and theyll teach you as well...of make you a target and you can try to learn from that  LOL

Good luck
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2012, 11:37:21 PM »

I dont know of any really great films off hand, but here is one I made the other night. Not really a walkthrough, but kind of a demonstration instead. I am way too lazy to capture it and upload to youtube, but viewing it in the ahfilm viewer is better anyway. Make sure you check the "use recorded views" option so you can see whats going on. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v3eyp8kyqcd9k0v/dbZRr-aJ4m
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:49:51 PM by BigR »

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »
I dont know of any really great films off hand, but here is one I made the other night. Not really a walkthrough, but kind of a demonstration instead. I am way too lazy to capture it and upload to youtube, but viewing it in the ahfilm viewer is better anyway. Make sure you check the "use recorded views" option so you can see whats going on. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v3eyp8kyqcd9k0v/dbZRr-aJ4m

I can't watch the film at the moment, or comment on it, but one thing that may help after watching with the recorded views is to watch it again from an external view and have the 'Trails' checked, so you can see the flight paths of the planes.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline lerxst

• Zinc Member
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2012, 05:35:17 PM »
BigR thanks for recording your flight,that was a great job you did,im learning what guys have been talking about,when you get to the Apex of the climb and have bled your E to use flaps to get nose over.some day i hope to fly that smooth in the pony thanks again :aok