Author Topic: a couple bugs I noticed tonight  (Read 493 times)

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
a couple bugs I noticed tonight
« on: December 18, 2012, 10:20:04 PM »
 :salute
Unfortunately I don't have film for either of these incidents. The first was the "hey, dodge this!" Achievement for shooting down a plane by killing the pilot. I received this achievement, but at the time I did, I hadn't even gotten a kill. I must've pilot wounded somebody, but didn't kill him, and still got the achievement.

The second involves the landing a damaged plane achievement. I landed an FM-2 with half a wing onto s carrier, but didn't get the achievement.

Otherwise the system works great! :salute
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: a couple bugs I noticed tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 03:23:46 AM »
The first was the "hey, dodge this!" Achievement for shooting down a plane by killing the pilot. I received this achievement, but at the time I did, I hadn't even gotten a kill. I must've pilot wounded somebody, but didn't kill him, and still got the achievement.
I noticed the same thing. The system announcement came while the plane was still diving towards the ground with the pilot in it (had the red icon). The kill message came after he hit the ground.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »
I got the "Hey, dodge this!" achievement last night as well.  I may, or may not have, gotten a pilot wound on the pilot of the Spitfire Mk XVI I was shooting at.  I did not get a kill on him.  I, however, did get a pilot wound from his friend and then I was killed via pilot kill by his friend, after which I got the achievement.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline TopGear

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:34:59 AM »
I received the same accomplishment, but I was in a m18 and the plane flew off. No kill was recorded.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 06:25:56 PM »
:salute
Unfortunately I don't have film for either of these incidents. The first was the "hey, dodge this!" Achievement for shooting down a plane by killing the pilot. I received this achievement, but at the time I did, I hadn't even gotten a kill. I must've pilot wounded somebody, but didn't kill him, and still got the achievement.

The second involves the landing a damaged plane achievement. I landed an FM-2 with half a wing onto s carrier, but didn't get the achievement.

Otherwise the system works great! :salute

I'd like to add to the "Hey, Dodge This!" achievement bug(s) - I was awarded it for an assist, which was the killing blow, to an F4U-1A.  I did shoot it down and I assume from killing the pilot, but I did not register the kill, only an assist.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.