Author Topic: Sportsmanship  (Read 6673 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Sportsmanship
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2013, 11:03:04 AM »
Thank you for the many honourable mentions but I must decline to agree. Presently I am not being very Gentlemanly at all, I have had some distasteful experiences in game and most especially on this forum with some of the more abhorrent facets of human personalities which has taken its toll on my normal Zen deportment. I can only attribute my reduced tolerance to the rather stressful half year Mrs Shida and I have been experiencing since the premature birth of Tiny Shida. I am rather tired all of the time and am presently not able to think with the clarity and patience I once had. In the words of Spock:

"Please pay no attention. I'm not myself. I'm behaving disgracefully. I have eaten animal flesh and I have enjoyed it".

Considering way now with the hope that I can once again be worthy of such consideration*...

:salute

* This offer does not apply to Midway. Only one discount per household. Normal Terms & Conditions apply

:rock :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 11:16:26 AM »
I would nominate 2 people,

DR7, because he shows no loalty to one country and no matter which country he goes to he gets mad respect from everyone.

999000 also for the same reasons.

LawnDart
dr7 has been on the bish side :headscratch:

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2013, 11:17:53 AM »
Daddkev is on his meds. And his neighbors meds. And his kids meds. Again.  :banana:

I have to say that i'd throw my vote in for you.
:rofl :rofl

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2013, 02:09:52 PM »
In my experience I have to disagree with the part regarding uber guys not wanting to help.  Everytime I have ever PM'd one of them after flat out thumping me in a fight or just seeing them in country have been more than willing to give advice.  That's just my experience with the ones I have PM'd....off the top of my head:   Stang, Joach1m, Ink (Jetsom), Redbull, Skyrock...some others I'm sure... I can't remember.  They were always willing to give out advice or information that I asked for.  The other guys mentioned in the post that I have talked to have also been good guys.  I have gotten rage PM's, but not from any of the guys that I would consider uber.

Not saying you haven't had bad experiences in that regard...just saying I haven't.  I think the attitude of keeping "secrets" or not wanting competition would be more likely in someone with a more middle of the roadish ability. 

I've not been in the DA/TA with any of them yet but not because they haven't offered.  The schedules just haven't meshed for it.  If there is a good time for it I would love to know so I can plan for it....really want to join in on that if possible.

Zaphod
Thur nights 10 pm and Fridays after FSO
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2013, 02:22:25 PM »
I agree Debrody best sportsmanship award what a cool guy win or lose he is a true gentleman and behave very mature in all circumstance

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2013, 02:28:56 PM »
I agree Debrody best sportsmanship award what a cool guy win or lose he is a true gentleman and behave very mature in all circumstance

:huh  :headscratch: :rofl

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2013, 02:53:44 PM »

I assume you're being sarcastic  ;)  Debrody is alright. I asked him to the DA recently and found him to be polite and willing to help me out some. I see a lot of folks starting crap with him for little to no reason at all actually. That's just my opinion <shrugs>  :salute

Not to say that him and Who's chest thumping with each other doesn't get on my nerves though ........... :bhead
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:56:46 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »
Why would you assume I'm being sarcastic?  :)

Sounds like you have had the same experience in the DA with Debrody that titan referred to on the first page, which is the post I was agreeing with :headscratch:
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2013, 03:12:49 PM »
My votes and respect go out to a lot of people for 'sportsmanship' including:

Latrobe, 999000, Ink, Copprhed, Zaphod, wagger, nrshida, most of 71 Squadron RAF, pretty much everyone in the 80th BG HeadHunters, Greebo, Doc72CH, the list goes on, that's just off the top of my head.

I can't say whether of not JOACH1M is a good sport of not when you kill him as he's usually the one killing me...  :bhead  :furious

71 Sqd. appreciates the kind mention...Thanks!!!
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »
Why would you assume I'm being sarcastic?  :)

Sounds like you have had the same experience in the DA with Debrody that titan referred to on the first page, which is the post I was agreeing with :headscratch:
 :lol well then if you're serious then you're full of horsesheet. I said he's alright but he ain't no angel be any means. You remember "MegaDave"? I think Debrody is one of those guys you won't like until one takes the time to get to know him and understand his style.
Lighten up Francis

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2013, 03:29:20 PM »
71 Sqd. appreciates the kind mention...Thanks!!!
You guys are a class act, always a pleasure flying with or against ya'll!  :cheers:

"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2013, 03:32:12 PM »
Shida Sir, everyone has days when something or someone gets under your skin that would
at any other time not even be a bother.
I can't imagine the stress and anxieties that you and Mrs. went through this past Summer.
Thank God things turned out well.
I've never seen you say or do anything in game or here that I would say was rude, condescending, hurtfull etc.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline 1sum41

• Silver Member
      • devil dog squadron
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2013, 03:33:36 PM »
You guys are a class act, always a pleasure flying with or against ya'll!  :cheers:

+1

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »
My votes and respect go out to a lot of people for 'sportsmanship' including:

80th BG HeadHunters

:lol Had to do it didnt ya  

To many to mention....lots of great guys here  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2013, 03:34:05 PM »
:lol Had to do it didnt ya  
Do what?

:noid
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous