Author Topic: Whose next?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Whose next?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2001, 11:59:00 AM »
StSanta-

Guess I am confused about the "anonymous poster" thing as it relates to Habicht. What happened, dare I ask?

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Whose next?
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
  HB. I hadn't heard about your promotion. Congratulations. So, how many bottle caps do you have on your shoulder now?

lazs

Whose next?
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2001, 02:15:00 PM »
well gee sturmtrooper then i guess you "earned" your "rank" by.....   well, uh, guess u just gave it to yourself huh?   Maybe you got it by winning a spelling bee?   Well... regardless, I'm sure u must deserve it.   Only four weeks and he allready knows how to form a squad..  Amazing.
lazs

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Whose next?
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
Come on Lazs, you have to remember the "HTC HAS SCREWED UP ALL THE LW PLANES.. btw I'm starting a new squad" thread.  I pretty sure he gave himself rank back then... and repeatedly since.

AKDejaVu

Sturm

Whose next?
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2001, 02:26:00 PM »
LOL, remember 4 weeks and where am I?  Anyway I have formed other squads as well lazs you truly are the poster child for hooked on phonics.  DJ I had no quarrel with you.  Guess its the nimitz thingy huh?  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
Campaigning for the rights of the ME-410.

lazs

Whose next?
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2001, 02:46:00 PM »
I give up sturmtrooper... "4 weeks" and where are u?
lazs

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
Whose next?
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2001, 02:49:00 PM »
Lazs ranks.

Drex

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Whose next?
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
Someone get that girl a beer!

No Drex i'm not following you around.

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
Whose next?
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2001, 05:37:00 PM »
Don't make me reverse you in here.

Drex

lazs

Whose next?
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2001, 08:39:00 AM »
huh?  is sturmtrooper bragging about.... ranks?  
lazs

Sturm

Whose next?
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2001, 09:53:00 AM »
Your not the brightest star out there are ya lazs?  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
Campaigning for the rights of the ME-410.

lazs

Whose next?
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
perhaps not sturm but you are a little hard to follow... first you claim that you "earned" your "rank" by forming a squad and simply giving it to yourself then.... you switch to "look where I am at" meaning rank... I look at the fighter rank and see that you have a pitiful K/D ratio that would be even worse if you didn't do the cowardly bail thing so much...  So far as rank....LOL!  Look at the time you spend up!  You do realize that rank is a function of being willing to camp online?  It's simple really.  Look at your raw ratios (performance) and it will be obvious that your best "skill" is staying in the arena for long periods of time.

Looking at your score I simply couldn't believe that you would be bragging about it.  I mean....I'm pretty mediocre but...
lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Whose next?
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2001, 08:39:00 AM »
Actually Laz, a overall score of 24 rank *is* quite good, considering you have to be well-balanced, flying and driving equally.  I'd bet you couldn't get there.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Whose next?
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »

I look at the fighter rank and see that you have a pitiful K/D ratio that would be even worse if you didn't do the cowardly bail thing so much.

Bailing counts as a death in K/D ratio as well as being captured.  A disco counts as .5 deaths.  Sturm6's K/D would be unafected by augering instead of bailing.

The only place where bails/deaths matter is in the "points" section.  You get more points for surviving a sortie than for getting killed.

I challenge you to prove otherwise lazs.  I know I have the numbers to support my argument.

AKDejaVu

lazs

Whose next?
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »
well gee rip.... if you are betting that I couldn't spend allmost 90 hours online so far this tour then I would guess u would win... I doubt more than about 24 people could.

If, however you are betting that I couldn't achive an K/D of about 1/1 even without a dozen bails...  

"rank" is a function of time spent online.  Someone ranked 89 in a fighter is not 10 times better than someone ranked 890 in fact... There is a very good chance that the guy ranked 890 is far more dangerous.  

not really picking on sturm so much as the whole "rank" thing.  That is why you never see people touting their "rank"... I mean, if you have a less than 50/50 chance of surviving a fight without hitting the silk... you probly shouldn't brag too much about anything.   With that kinda K/d you probly shouldn't act like swooping down and killing a half dozen spits is comonplace for you.   Yes... arrogance annoy's me.

oops deja... didn't see your post.   I will believe u if you have bothered to do the math.  I was/am wrong on that point.   My point remains however.
lazs  

[This message has been edited by lazs (edited 04-12-2001).]