Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89158 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2013, 06:14:32 PM »
I am actually disappointed by this... It seems as if I have been running into more and more enemy Bravos, but maybe not.   :rock

Well... depends to 12-degrees. 

Because this is about the Bpony and you are one of the few pilots that regularly fly it, I'll ask: Is this before or after you've "established a presence now known to your enemies" flying the same aircraft in the relatively same area?  People will often re-up to try and have an equal aircraft matchup.  Or sometimes it sets a trend that may briefly linger (IE: up a mission of I-16s, and I will see more I-16s being flown here or there shortly afterwards).  Both instances are only brief and have nil-to-minimum impact on the stats as a whole (which is the picture we're seeing here).

How's another way to put it...  marginal impacts are made to the stats by players who up any given aircraft a few times, fly it around a few sorties, maybe get a couple kills in those sorties with it, but ultimatley move on to another aircraft.  Players who regularly fly a given aircraft type, who regularly evade being shot down or killed while flying in it, AND who regularly score kills while flying in it, regularly - will make, over time, the majority of what we see in the stats.

I know I fall into this category with the LW 190s - I have some favorites I frequently bounce around in, and then I will mix it up with something I haven't flown in a long time.  I'm lucky if I have a K/D of 0.5 in those aircraft, and I probabley wrecked each one I tried to fly.  But 51% or more of my sorties, and definitively more than 51% of all my kills (and deaths) come from flying in a 190. 

Mad respect to you Lusche for doing this again.  Upon looking at your shoes closer, it's gonna take me at least one good bomber sortie/climbout to poll the 190 numbers I'm curious about.  :o
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2013, 06:33:32 PM »
I think the reason the 14 does not get the attention is because when people take it out they think it is a typical spitfire, and when they realize it is anything but a typical spit they don't bother trying to learn it.....

Ink...  up a 14, fly it around (IE: "like a P51"), and let me know how long it takes before you cross paths with an over-intriqued/tantalised pony with an advantage.

Ponys (slightly or signifigantly higher than me) get me everytime in the 14 if were to be gotten.  Co-alt/E is fine, but it just takes one to wander in with the advantage and the knowledge that "that spit, that one there, is a prized scalp14".  If I'm lucky they're agressive and push the fight imediatley, allowing me to regain an advantage or get assistance from friendlies.  If I'm not, they know (somehow, but it's not hard) I'm in the 14.  Wait for the opportunity like a pick or after I finish fighting and am leaving (maybe low/out on WEP, or maybe lower/slower than I previously was).  The last thing that will doom your 14 is that it doesn't take abuse at all, chances are one of the 12-.50cal bullet incured in the last 6-passes (most of them likely spray-n-banks or spray-n-HOs) as you wait for them to equalise or at least be in a position to escape _will_ criple your 14.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2013, 06:46:47 PM »
Hmm... :headscratch:  Wonder what it would look like for Bomber Usage. :headscratch:  I would guess the Lanc and B-26 would be the highest used, of course. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2013, 06:51:58 PM »
Pshaw! Not a single mention of Mosquitos.

:bolt:
We need the Mosquito F.Mk II and Mosquito NF.Mk 30 so we can get a airframe family like the P-38s.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »
Hmm... :headscratch:  Wonder what it would look like for Bomber Usage. :headscratch:  I would guess the Lanc and B-26 would be the highest used, of course. :)

I could put the numbers up later, but there's a problem with it - Many bombers do actually try to avoid combat at all, particularly lesser armed and/or expensive ones. So unlike fighters (which contrary to some public opinion mostly at least try to get a kill), it's difficult to tell how much Mossie 16, Ar 234 or B-29 are really used just by looking at their kills and deaths. Only HTC can do that by examining sortie numbers or even better, total flight time for each type).
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »
We need the Mosquito F.Mk II and Mosquito NF.Mk 30 so we can get a airframe family like the P-38s.

Or just more player using the Mossie VI ;). The N1k did make it into the top 10 despite having just one plane in the 'family'  :P

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2013, 07:02:43 PM »
As we all know, numbers don't lie. Unless the person compiling the numbers has an agenda. Lusche from what I can tell over the years couldn't give a ratz hairy parts about the spit14.

It's not used becasue it is not worth the small perk for the small difference and flight hassles it provides from near equal nonperked rides or the K4. It's a very demanding spitfire just to control it as a gun platform. It's akin to the realisation, once you upped a perked Ta152 in the old days. There just wasen't anything there for the vast majority to make it worth the perk price. Most of the mind blowing stunts developed with it came after the perk was dropped and it didn't cost anything to loose one developing the tactics and tricks. At that it was still a small cadre of players wo invested any time in it. The stats clearly show this.

Unperking the CHog, 4Hog or Tempest would be very destabalising to the game. The spit14 will draw a small following of tallented players who will get the most from it like the Ta152. The rest will fly it as poorly as they do the spit8. Or HiTech can model it for 21lb boost and raise the perk price accordingly for the interceptor it was.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2013, 10:11:21 AM »
Nice job Snail, makes for interesting reading.
I like the type break downs  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2013, 10:33:13 AM »
Lusche,
   In all sincerity, I just want to say thank you VERY much for the time
and effort you put into compiling and posting up your numerous
charts/graphs based on the Aces High stats.
  I find them absolutely fascinating. As well, I hope someday
that HTC will acknowledge your contributions in this regard
to the AH community by way of employment or credits
to your flying account. ;)

Best regards,
  Oddball

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2013, 10:41:51 AM »
Just hopping into the Spit 14 for a joy ride is a disaster. Not only it has massive torque, it is also working in the opposite direction from what you are used to. That alone make most players fly it a couple of times, then park it in the hangar with disgust. "Not worth the perk price" is not really an issue. I bet that even if its price was 0 it would still be less popular than the Spit16 and perhaps even Spit8.

Every time I get my Mossie6 over 13k or so, I wish we had the Mk.XXX. Sure, eventually at 20k The Mk.VI will get a couple more mph, but by then almost all fighters will be doing 400+ mph, while I am chugging along 20 mph slower. Also, at 20k the mossie6 is quite close to its critical 480 mph TAS limit so the only way to do a diving attack it to ride the rudder and open the bomb bay doors. Oddly, our Mossie B.XVI bomber dives better than our FB.VI.

The Mossie statistics can be interesting because they will likely show the two major FM changes that it had. Still small numbers though.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2013, 11:17:16 AM »
Pshaw! Not a single mention of Mosquitos.

:bolt:

Hi scherf :)  i'm back and have been flying mossies this tour.  :aok 

I remember when the mossie was fixed, even though it did some funky stuff, i preferred it prior to the fix.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
oops! :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:51:39 AM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2013, 02:41:14 PM »
Tha-rilllllllllllllllllllllllllll-lllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to se you back mate.

Been a while, hope the interim was good to you.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
We did see that the Spit's in general lost a lot of general USAGE, especially when compared to the 51's.

Here is a look at the actual air to air kills of the two most prominent fighters during the past 6 years, the Spit 16 and the P-51D

Both planes initially suffered from the trend of a declining volume of air to air combat, but then the P-51D numbers stabilized while the Spit 16's downward trend continued.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Fighter Overwiew 2012
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2013, 05:17:52 PM »
And before I will leave the topic of fighters for the moment, here a convenient overview of all the fighters and their impact on the arena:

We can see again, how incredibly far ahead the 51D is in terms of usage, and that with a pretty good K/D to boot.

All perk fighters but the Spit 14 are off the chart and depicted on the following extra one:

The next charts will be about bombers and GVs in Aces High. Stay tuned!  :old: