Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89509 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2013, 05:53:59 PM »
Really, 1/3rd of all kills?

*light bulb*
Lusche, ol' budy ol' pal  :devil  :pray  What's the 262's average K/D (effectiveness?) these days compared to the good ol' days of yor?  This could help answer if they're being flown same-old-same-old or more recklessly and less carefuly (as I suspect).

The point I'm trying to bring up is that I think the perk system has really started to show its exploitability and age recently.  There really may be no point in it any longer, I suspect it's almost at a point where it's punishing/penalising those who legitimatley earn and loose their perk points since it seems nothing but a minor inconvenience to those who don't have any perk point to spend and want to make some cheaply (and throw it away also as cheaply...). 
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
What could possibly replace the perk system and don't say get rid of aircraft like the 262 cause that's just bogus.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2013, 06:38:16 PM »
This merely confirms my long-held belief that the P-40C is the game's ultimate superplane.  Also, the previous chart belies the arcane workings and effect of aircraft numerology, a force more fundamental and powerful even than design elements.  Lusche knows this (for he is a practitioner first class of such things), but as it is a secret and mostly forbidden art, he cannot go into it here.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2013, 08:22:43 PM »
Lusche knows this (for he is a practitioner first class of such things), but as it is a secret and mostly forbidden art, he cannot go into it here.

Burn teh witch!!   :noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2013, 05:18:31 PM »
Honestly, my 2-cents, the simple-est fix I think would be a smart-advanced diminishing return formula into the perk point rewarding system.  Not really simple since I think it would a big chunk of code and a bit or rewriting of other code, but in the end it would/could reward .01 perk points for your 20th kill within an hour on the same pilot, upping from the same field, in the same arena (without IE: ~20-other kills contributed from a different 10-pilots).  I think an advanced enough formula can be made smart enough (fine-tuned) to distinguish between fighting hordes at tank town to farming ~80 kills from the same 3 or 4 players (at most) within an hour.... maybe even possible to code in a way to reward for culling hordes (many planes and many different players within a very short period of time), nothing as even a 5-10% boost would see very noticable gains to players during prime time playing.
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2013, 06:20:02 PM »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2013, 10:59:57 PM »
Seriously, the arena is nothing but a mess. After going through the numbers I estimate that somewhat around 1/3rd of all kills are simply shade or squaddy vulching. Some players are taking turns in killing each others dozens of times for months.

And the longer HT lets it continue the more likely the LWMA is going to go the same way.

It makes me think there's not much point in playing anymore.  Time to buy a new wheel and go back to racing.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2013, 05:19:38 PM »
AH is still very much fun, and there are many awesome special events, too.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2013, 07:01:21 PM »
And the longer HT lets it continue the more likely the LWMA is going to go the same way.

It makes me think there's not much point in playing anymore.  Time to buy a new wheel and go back to racing.

Meh, if such an epiphany suddenly ruins it for you then maybe so. Methinks ignorance truly is bliss for some.
I, otoh, am not suddenly shocked and appalled. It comes as no surprise and doesn't keep me awake at night.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2013, 07:15:49 AM »
Had been way too long since I posted anything. Time to catch up.

Today: When is the best time to fly in AH if you are looking for the highest amount of air activity?

How to read: During the time frame given 6% of all daily Fighter kills and deaths happened between 06:00 and 07:00 hours CEST (=UTC+2).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2013, 07:20:41 AM »
What's CEST from GMT?  :headscratch:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2013, 07:21:46 AM »

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2013, 07:49:09 AM »
What's CEST from GMT?  :headscratch:

I think it works out between 4am to 6am for us but its actually 1am??  :cry

I think??  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:50:40 AM by pervert »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2013, 10:30:28 AM »
Looking at the chart I posted above in a different way:

AVG fighter plane activity from 9 to 10 p.m. local time for various places:

Data based on the same period of time (06/07/13 - 06/13/13) as in the original chart a few posts above

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2013, 12:10:55 PM »

Seriously, the arena is nothing but a mess. After going through the numbers I estimate that somewhat around 1/3rd of all kills are simply shade or squaddy vulching. Some players are taking turns in killing each others dozens of times for months.

Im afraid I have to agree. It seems each time I come back, after a 6mos to 1 year Hiatus, the population has gotten smaller/and the game play has gotten cheesier. Im not saying you still cant have a good time in AH but you really notice this when youv come back after being away. If it happens over time its not as apparent. I havnt made up my mind if Im even going to stay for a 2nd month, the exodus of foreign players is very disappointing cause they were some of the most skilled.

One poster said the height of the game was the "Big Week" event some years ago. Now that was fabulous. If you missed it then you should have been there. Boy this game was strong at one time.

And it can be again. A new graphics engine will bring them back as well as some innovative marketing. I used to live for AH and WW2OL. I'd love to see both take their former places and the genre rebuilt.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"