Author Topic: He177 ?  (Read 25864 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: He177 ?
« Reply #315 on: March 11, 2013, 08:42:24 AM »
Am I missing something or is Von Werra, Schlowy?  :noid
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #316 on: March 11, 2013, 09:03:26 AM »
Am I missing something or is Von Werra, Schlowy?  :noid

Whoever it is, he sounds like a revisionist as well as a Third Reich apologist.

Franz, with what money and which armies were the Germans supposed to administer their colonies?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 11, 2013, 09:07:14 AM »
Stop feeding the troll.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #318 on: March 11, 2013, 09:22:37 AM »
Funny how you take something and try to twist it... Oh, wait.. not funny. Standard for you. Include my words immediately AFTER that comment. I said AT FIRST they were skeptical. Then they were won over and the 30mms became the primary method of busting tanks. This quite factual comment is one you agree with yourself, and yet you attack me over it.

You go well out of your way to selectively edit your quote of me just to try and create an argument. You almost always do this wmaker. You have a personal vendetta against me and it's quite clear. Your comment doesn't deserve a response, but I will stoop to give you and your cronies your answer: Squadron In Action, page 32, discussing the Hs129 in its early service before the 30mm Mk101 was even available.

:lol

The cannon most certainly had its teething problems. There's a good account of that in Mr.Pegg's book. Btw, the source you mentioned says that they flat out preferred bombs initially, no comparison was made about their effectiveness, And that is the reason why your comment seemed weird and that's why I asked where you had read it. It is good to comprehend what you are reading. :)

As far as being selective goes, I'd say it is rather selective to bring up brief initial problems with the cannon considering that most use HS129 would see in AH would be with the 100% working MK103.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:27:57 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #319 on: March 11, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #320 on: March 11, 2013, 09:24:30 PM »
Can we feed the sheep though?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2013, 02:45:08 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WW2_aircraft_production

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_production_during_World_War_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWII_losses

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment_losses_in_World_War_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_flying_aces

Some 'picked' info and charts, some of it is VERY different from the chart I posted earlier.
Seems England had much fewer losses... maybe they werent even getting into fights? Maybe thats what the yanks (USA) were for... TO FIGHT!  ;)
Either way, seems the luft was handing the world their behinds!  :ahand
China: Total losses of the Nationalist Air Force were 2,468 (According to Chinese and Taiwanese Sources).

Finland: Reported losses during the Winter War totaled 67, of which 42 were operational, while 536 aircraft were lost during the Continuation War, of which 209 were operational losses. (Overall 603).[1]

France: From the beginning of the war until the cease-fire in 1940, 892 aircraft were lost, of which 413 were in action and 234 were on the ground. Losses included 508 fighters and 218 bombers.(Overall 892)[1]

Germany: Estimated total number of destroyed and damaged for the war totaled 116,875 aircraft, of which 70,000 were total losses and the remainder significantly damaged. By type, losses totaled 41,452 fighters, 22,037 bombers, 15,428 trainers, 10,221 twin-engine fighters, 5,548 ground attack, 6,733 reconnaissance, and 6,141 transports.[1]

Italy: Total losses were 5,272 aircraft, of which 3,269 were lost in combat.

Japan: Estimates vary from 35,000 to 50,000 total losses, with about 20,000 lost operationally.[2]

Netherlands: Total losses were 81 aircraft during the May, 1940 campaign.[2]

Poland: Total losses were 398 destroyed, including 116 fighters, 112 dive bombers, 81 reconnaissance aircraft, 36 bombers, 21 sea planes, and 9 transports.[2]

Soviet Union: Total losses were over 106,400 including 88,300 combat types.[3]

United Kingdom: Total losses in Europe were 22,010, including 10,045 fighters and 11,965 bombers. (This figure does not include aircraft lost in Asia or the Pacific.)[2]

United States: Total losses were nearly 45,000, including 22,951 operational losses (18,418 in Europe and 4,533 in the Pacific).[2]

Ooohhkaaaay, now that we have all this stuff figured out, why is the spit16 in game when it didnt reeeealy see combat? (maybe it had too many flaws or caught fire or somethin?) ;)
AND WHY CANT WE HAVE THE GREAT GERMAN FLAGSHIP BIG BOMBER, THE HE-177?!?!?!   Give the luft a BIG BANG BANG bomber toy!!!
 :salute

Reeeealy, I don't dislike England. I do dislike the players that spam 'spitty ruled' and 'and all luftwaffe suxed' I dislike LIARS!!!
Sources! <--- required for when making statements by the way!!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:54:40 AM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2013, 12:33:15 PM »
Can we stop the BS?

Luftwaffe Order of Battle 9 April 1945

Serviceable Aircraft Strengths 

Single-engined fighters 1305 
Night fighters 485 
Ground-attack aircraft 712 
Night harassment aircraft 215 
Multi-engined bombers 37 
Long-range reconaissance aircraft 143 
Short-range and army cooperation aircraft 309 
Coastal aircraft 45 
Transport aircraft 10 
Misc. aircraft (KG 200) 70 
Total 3331 

Either way, seems the luft was handing the world their behinds!

Since the revisonist likes Wiki,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_aircraft_production_during_World_War_II

German produced 94,622 a/c and only had 3,331 a/c almost at the end.

Who was kicking whose butt?

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2013, 12:38:27 PM »
You will fit in very nicely on this board Werra, http://kurfurst.org/

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #324 on: March 12, 2013, 12:43:42 PM »
Has Barbi re-registered? It would appear so with the amout of revisionist history being spewed.

That would be my guess or schlowy being allowed back in the forums.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #325 on: March 13, 2013, 03:06:22 AM »
Knickebein (crease leg) (reffered to as 'Headache' by England):
Germany's radio navigation during Battle for Britain.

From wikipedia.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knickebein_(navigation)
see "search for the beams section"
Sceptics started regarding the system as proof that the German pilots were not as good as their own, who they believed could do without such systems. It was Lindemann himself who proved this wrong, when his "photoflash" systems started returning photographs of the RAF bombing raids, showing that they were rarely, if ever, anywhere near their targets. <-- lol better than RAF bombers!

and see "counter measure section" (reffered to as 'Aspirin' by England)
The British broadcasters were later modified to broadcast their dots at the same time the German transmitters would, making it impossible to tell which signal was which. In this case the navigators would receive the equi-signal over a wide area, and navigation along the bombline became impossible, with the aircraft drifting into the "dash area" and no way to correct for it.

England was capable of manipulating the Luftwaffe Bombers navigation system, and either by accident or on purpose, caused London to get bombed! I'm sure England's radio broadcasts to the world did not mention 'aspirin'!!!
RAF tricked Luftwaffe bombers into bombing London, and the next night RAF bombed Berlin. The bombing of cities instead of military targets saved England during the Battle for Britain, and  HENCE BEGAN THE BATTLE AGAINST CITES and CIVILIANS BEGAN!!!
See 'phases of wikipedia's Battle of Britain section, August 23rd, 24th,25th, and how cities were previously off limits by the fuhrer himself.

German Bombsites and Accuracy:
Durinig the Battle for Britain, a new upgraded Ju-88 was downed and captured intact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Graveney_Marsh
On 27 September, British Supermarine Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane fighter planes from No. 66 and No. 92 Squadron RAF attacked what they recognized as a new variant of Junkers 88 over Faversham. An order had been issued to them to capture one such aircraft intact if possible.[1] One of the bomber's engines had already been damaged by anti-aircraft fire during a raid on London and the Spitfires were able to destroy its remaining engine, forcing the pilot to make a crash landing on Graveney Marsh.

Captain John Cantopher succeeded in disarming a demolition charge which enabled the bomber, which was equipped with a new and very accurate type of bombsight, to be captured for examination by British experts. The aircraft was taken to Farnborough Airfield where it was said to have "provided highly valuable information".[1] Cantopher was subsequently awarded the George Medal for his action.[3][4][5]

I do not know the name of this bombsite type, still, uhh, yeaah, Luftwaffe Bombers were capable of hitting a target!
This was 1940, so uhh, yeah too, I'm sure that by 1942, let alone 1944, the  He-177 would have an accurate site also.
Oh, and no bombers had the accuracy afforded to bomber planes in our game!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:25:26 AM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #326 on: March 13, 2013, 04:49:52 AM »
Schlowy, go away.

GO AWAY!

GO AWAY!

JUST  ...  GO ... AWAY ...  !!!
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline Baggy

• Copper Member
« Reply #327 on: March 13, 2013, 09:58:45 AM »
Heard of Guernica? If i recall correctly, that wasn't the RAF.

Offline jag88

• Copper Member
« Reply #328 on: March 13, 2013, 10:06:40 AM »
Heard of Guernica? If i recall correctly, that wasn't the RAF.

1)  Go read about Guernica instead of making general statements about propaganda events.

2) Stop feeding the troll!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:08:27 AM by jag88 »
The 88 in my name has nothing to do with nazis, skinheads or any other type of half-wit, nor with the "ideas" they support.

Offline jag88

• Copper Member
« Reply #329 on: March 13, 2013, 10:07:35 AM »
The 88 in my name has nothing to do with nazis, skinheads or any other type of half-wit, nor with the "ideas" they support.