Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25702 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #345 on: October 21, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »
Looks like Karnak has met his match with Jag88  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #346 on: October 21, 2013, 01:22:51 PM »
According to whom?  Anyone with a knowledge of the war as a whole knows the Ju-88 was the LWs workhorse and the iconic German bomber of the war performing many different roles, those who care to read a bit more know that the He-111 was obsolete and the only reason it was kept in production past 1941 was the persistent delay of the He-177.
When speaking of iconic or famous we're talking about what people who don't know anything about the war might recognize.  Obviously to aficionados the Ju88 is more important and I am sure that is why HTC added it first.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #347 on: October 21, 2013, 02:15:16 PM »
While I have yet to test it, I'd put money on the He111 at 500 ft level flight, WEP and no WEP, if they both are free of cargo and the time of flight time is similar. 
i'll have to dink around with them in the ta when i get home tonight.

According to whom?  Anyone with a knowledge of the war as a whole knows the Ju-88 was the LWs workhorse and the iconic German bomber of the war performing many different roles, those who care to read a bit more know that the He-111 was obsolete and the only reason it was kept in production past 1941 was the persistent delay of the He-177.

Such a statement is tantamount to calling the Wellington as the iconic plane of RAF Bomber Command... nevermind those silly Lancs!
the he-111, do-17z are iconic bombers of the luftwaffe. from the spanish civil war to the battle of britain and beyond they were used whether it was on the front lines early in the war or as transports later in the war. they are just as iconic as the 109, 190 or ju-88 to history buffs.

they weren't as useful by 1942 and no longer played significant roles by then but, they had their 15 minutes of fame until they were replaced by more capable equipment, just like everything else.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #348 on: October 21, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »
Also, Wellington is one of the iconic bombers of WWII.  Hampden?  Not so much.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline jag88

• Copper Member
« Reply #349 on: October 21, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »
When speaking of iconic or famous we're talking about what people who don't know anything about the war might recognize.  Obviously to aficionados the Ju88 is more important and I am sure that is why HTC added it first.

Oh!  If your argument is that clueless people think the He-111 was the iconic LW bomber of the war then... I fully agree!

Also, Wellington is one of the iconic bombers of WWII.  Hampden?  Not so much.

Same argument here.  ONE of the early war bombers, not THE iconic WW2 LW bomber which is what was being said here, the He-111 made the backbone of the LW KG force early in the war when it was already obsolete and being replaced in service by the Ju-88, Do-217 and soon (supposedly) in the production line by the He-177.

Want a RAF parallel? 

It is as if the RAF had the Manchester or Halifax added first, and then the "iconic" Wellington, and no Lancaster...  A lineup of early war bombers with no middle or late war aircraft.

Oh, and then Do-17z is as iconic as the Whitley.  The what?

Exactly.
The 88 in my name has nothing to do with nazis, skinheads or any other type of half-wit, nor with the "ideas" they support.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #350 on: October 21, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »
Oh!  If your argument is that clueless people think the He-111 was the iconic LW bomber of the war then... I fully agree!

Same argument here.  ONE of the early war bombers, not THE iconic WW2 LW bomber which is what was being said here, the He-111 made the backbone of the LW KG force early in the war when it was already obsolete and being replaced in service by the Ju-88, Do-217 and soon (supposedly) in the production line by the He-177.

Want a RAF parallel? 

It is as if the RAF had the Manchester or Halifax added first, and then the "iconic" Wellington, and no Lancaster...  A lineup of early war bombers with no middle or late war aircraft.

Oh, and then Do-17z is as iconic as the Whitley.  The what?

Exactly.

Oh the vitriol.

Are you not happy that the 111 was modeled or that it's not modeled to be a troop transport? Would adding the drunk option satisfy? What then?  :D

Offline jag88

• Copper Member
« Reply #351 on: October 21, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »
Oh the vitriol.

Are you not happy that the 111 was modeled or that it's not modeled to be a troop transport? Would adding the drunk option satisfy? What then?  :D

SINCE the He-111 was added instead of a mid to late war bomber with the consequent little MA use, AND currently there is no axis drunk dispenser, with a little effort the addition of a He-111H-20/R1 version would BOTH give new life to an underused airframe and fill a void in the game.  

It certainly beats waiting for HT to design a whole new para-dropper when there are still many aircraft waiting introduction to the game with a justifiable higher priority.

Clear enough?

...and a He-177A5 for the LW!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:37:42 PM by jag88 »
The 88 in my name has nothing to do with nazis, skinheads or any other type of half-wit, nor with the "ideas" they support.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #352 on: October 21, 2013, 04:37:47 PM »
we need a german drunk dispenser in the main arenas...why exactly?
jarhed  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #353 on: October 21, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »
Clear enough?

Don't bunch your panties at me, Jagareta. This ain't no pizzing contest, afaik. You can
state your likes, dislikes, preferences and disappointments like a grown up and blind-swinging
the whole thread isn't really going to accomplish much of anything.

Now, what is the mid or late Luft-bomber you thought would serve this game and community
better (main and event) and why?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #354 on: October 21, 2013, 04:39:40 PM »
we need a german drunk dispenser in the main arenas...why exactly?

To dispense German drunks, man.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #355 on: October 21, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
Looks like Karnak has met his match with Jag88  :D

Jag88: know that the 'the force' is strong with this one!  It will bail him out, at your expense, without question, denying your much deserved glory, everytime!

shhhhhhh, the force = rule#4 shhhh!!!
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #356 on: October 21, 2013, 06:08:04 PM »
The He 111's were a blast to fly in the recent Battle of Britain 2013 scenario.

The mighty armada:

That fought its way through some tough times, with help from our little friends:

To hit targets:

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #357 on: October 21, 2013, 06:33:50 PM »
To dispense German drunks, man.
:rofl   :lol   :neener:

it's sad some of these guys can't handle a reasonable argument, ya know?

that is a very erroneous opinion...it may be true for you but, not everyone else.
jarhed  

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #358 on: October 21, 2013, 07:36:58 PM »
fuel burn 1x...

With the fuel burn rate set to 1 in the MA will only result in players flying around with unrealistic fuel loads of 25%.  You would think that after this has been explained to you countless times, you'd understand why the fuel burn rate is set how it is in the MA. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline jag88

• Copper Member
« Reply #359 on: October 21, 2013, 08:01:29 PM »
:rofl   :lol   :neener:

it's sad some of these guys can't handle a reasonable argument, ya know?

Hehe, yeah, asking for aircraft that saw service in WW2 is unreasonable, right?   :rofl

that is a very erroneous opinion...it may be true for you but, not everyone else.

Well now!  Suddenly you talk for everyone else?!?!?  :rofl

I was only agreeing with Karnak in that people with little knowledge of WW2 would consider such planes as iconic when the fact is they played a significant role only at the beginning since they were obsolescent if not already obsolete.  But whatever makes you happy man, if you think they were the cutting edge of the LW in WW2, fine.  There are worst things to fantasize about I guess.

Don't bunch your panties at me, Jagareta. This ain't no pizzing contest, afaik. You can
state your likes, dislikes, preferences and disappointments like a grown up and blind-swinging
the whole thread isn't really going to accomplish much of anything.

Now, what is the mid or late Luft-bomber you thought would serve this game and community
better (main and event) and why?

Funny, if the attitude bothers you why didnt you check yours at the door?