Author Topic: Killing shade for achievements  (Read 4574 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Killing shade for achievements
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »
And if you don't cheat who are you impressing with the bits of data? Is it worth it to be that emotionally invested in a video game? All video games are just variations of space invaders and pac man.

I don't know you, but I do know that this type of game by its very nature attracts very competitive individuals. Achievements feed into that. If you are not the competitive sort of person that enjoys it then you will never understand it, but questioning that behavior as if it were an ethical violation of some ideal is questionable in itself.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 06:40:28 PM »
And if you don't cheat who are you impressing with the bits of data? Is it worth it to be that emotionally invested in a video game? All video games are just variations of space invaders and pac man.

Cheating is cheating. Some people have something called integrity, class, honor. Those that cheat..... yes even in a cartoon plane game have none, Period. And those that think "it's ok because it's only a game" are in the same boat, no honor, no class, and no integrity.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 07:49:03 PM »
This is an unmanly act and should be treated as such.  We should all laugh at the very sight of this person while they fly for they have no cerebral man-parts and since having no cerebral man-parts is a choice, it's laughable.

This person is a purveyor of feminine hygiene products   :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 07:51:43 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »
How is it cheating if you're not breaking any rules?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »
How is it cheating if you're not breaking any rules?

pretty sure it is. htc resets scores/perks when they have been made aware of it in the past.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 08:42:55 PM »
This is an unmanly act and should be treated as such.  We should all laugh at the very sight of this person while they fly for they have no cerebral man-parts and since having no cerebral man-parts is a choice, it's laughable.

This person is a purveyor of feminine hygiene products   :)

:rofl :rofl
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 08:43:27 PM »
The longer you are on this planet the more you realize that the way people behave in games, be it golf, baseball, checkers or flight sims, tends to illuminate the way they behave, whether be at work or life in general.

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2013, 08:47:35 PM »
Atrocious!  I blame Lance Armstrong and Roger Clemens ;)
AMAX  in game

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2013, 09:13:36 PM »
Don't forget Pete and Mark Mcguire! ,...who have I forgotten?  cork in bat folks .....
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2013, 09:19:38 PM »
That's actually a bargain, two accounts for the price we had to pay ten years ago for one. This is a common thing in all mmog's. I don't know why I haven't started another account yet but I hope this really catches on. This is potentially a big bump in revenue for HTC. That means more development, more advertising, more players. Having only 60 players in the main arena sux, having less than 100 sucks. I, for one, am on board with this.
Like I said, I'm definitely getting another account. And I encourage everyone to do the same.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2013, 09:21:27 PM »
Cheating is cheating. Some people have something called integrity, class, honor. Those that cheat..... yes even in a cartoon plane game have none, Period. And those that think "it's ok because it's only a game" are in the same boat, no honor, no class, and no integrity.

"Learn the rules like a pro, so that you can break them like an artist."

Do you seriously find it more fun to play by the rules than breaking them? That's just lily liver'd.

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2013, 09:27:31 PM »
"Learn the rules like a pro, so that you can break them like an artist."

Do you seriously find it more fun to play by the rules than breaking them? That's just lily liver'd.

your definition of morally right is so totally skewed its not even funny if you think its alright to bend the rules then its yer donut on the line just saying
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2013, 09:31:38 PM »
Hey, its fake war.  Cheating and spying played a huge part in WWII.  Maybe the cheaters are just trying to get full immersion.  :joystick:
AMAX  in game

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 09:41:01 PM »

Now I gotta say that Fugi definately has it down! :salute

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 09:50:38 PM »
Atrocious!  I blame Lance Armstrong and Roger Clemens ;)

Of course all people ingest chemicals to stay alive if the form of food of course.
Other people ingest chemicals to sleep better, prevent pregnancy, lose weight, lower their cholesterol, have e better sex life, etc.

but then...SOME PEOPLE ingest chemicals that make them stronger and faster... Shame. On. Them.

:)