Author Topic: Killing shade for achievements  (Read 4611 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Killing shade for achievements
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2013, 11:05:48 AM »
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:22:29 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2013, 02:40:21 PM »
Maybe it's the older, smarter generation TRYING to teach the younger and dumber generation something about integrity, honor, and class not only in a game but real life as well seeing it does carry over.
:aok
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2013, 02:45:53 PM »
Maybe it's the older, smarter generation TRYING to teach the younger and dumber generation something about integrity, honor, and class not only in a game but real life as well seeing it does carry over.

I want to quote this :)
JG 52

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2013, 03:50:59 PM »
Check out the ArchieD thread.  He was using his shade vulching spoils to up 262's with far more regularity than he otherwise would have.  Cheating to obtain perk points is just as lame as punching in cheat codes.  It should be called as such.

Oh I remember the ArchieD thread.

I also remember that apparently his score etc still stands, so how is it cheating? Where is the book of rules for Aces High??  HTC is evidently cool with it, or something would have been done about it.

I agree it's lame...but OH NO! HE'S UPPING MORE 262s THAN HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO!! Seriously who cares? If he has to shade vulch to get them he obviously can't fly no matter what ride he's in. Not exactly gamebreaking.

The real issue is for people like Lusche (sorry Snail you are a good guy but this is true) who work hard for their precious ingame score (god knows why  :headscratch: ) and get angry when the results are skewed because of this kind of behaviour.
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »
Oh I remember the ArchieD thread.

I also remember that apparently his score etc still stands, so how is it cheating? Where is the book of rules for Aces High??  HTC is evidently cool with it, or something would have been done about it.

I agree it's lame...but OH NO! HE'S UPPING MORE 262s THAN HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO!! Seriously who cares? If he has to shade vulch to get them he obviously can't fly no matter what ride he's in. Not exactly gamebreaking.

The real issue is for people like Lusche (sorry Snail you are a good guy but this is true) who work hard for their precious ingame score (god knows why  :headscratch: ) and get angry when the results are skewed because of this kind of behaviour.

Cool.  We can agree shade vulching is lame.   :aok

As for HTC, that really doesn't matter to me.  I'm told the policy used to be a complete wipe of perks and scores, so if there's a difference between then and now I have no idea why that is.  I find it hard to believe HiTech woke up one morning and said, "You know what?  Those shade vulchers... they're alright".

I think you're downplaying the skill level of some of these vulchers.  I don't think anyone is saying they're Grizz reincarnate, but they're not two weekers either.  Even an average pilot in a 262 is pretty dangerous (or at least very distracting) as long as he knows he can pull the throttle back and hit a notch of flaps every so often.  In the world where "nobody gives a toss", it's a logical conclusion that more guys will shade vulch just so they can fly perk rides with more aggression.  If you increase the volume of perk planes and the recklessness with which they're flown, that certainly does change the game.

Lastly, it's not just the soremongers who give a toss (I will now use toss in place of less desirable four letter words  :)).  I don't fly for score.  I fly to fight and have fun and hopefully make things blow up.  I give a toss because of the principle.  It's stupid and lame.  Do I need a better reason to not like shade vulching?
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2013, 05:27:44 PM »

As for HTC, that really doesn't matter to me.  I'm told the policy used to be a complete wipe of perks and scores, so if there's a difference between then and now I have no idea why that is.  I find it hard to believe HiTech woke up one morning and said, "You know what?  Those shade vulchers... they're alright".

I think you're downplaying the skill level of some of these vulchers.  I don't think anyone is saying they're Grizz reincarnate, but they're not two weekers either.  Even an average pilot in a 262 is pretty dangerous (or at least very distracting) as long as he knows he can pull the throttle back and hit a notch of flaps every so often.  In the world where "nobody gives a toss", it's a logical conclusion that more guys will shade vulch just so they can fly perk rides with more aggression.  If you increase the volume of perk planes and the recklessness with which they're flown, that certainly does change the game.

Lastly, it's not just the soremongers who give a toss (I will now use toss in place of less desirable four letter words  :)).  I don't fly for score.  I fly to fight and have fun and hopefully make things blow up.  I give a toss because of the principle.  It's stupid and lame.  Do I need a better reason to not like shade vulching?

nope you are dead on :aok

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »

Spot on Triton. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »
   :O    Humbly, I think it is just as much that the player base Discourage this type of behavior, as much of the responsibility lays with HTC as does with US.   :x

No witch hunt needed for shades... Just keep pointing them out as we go and community wide we should make the game something different for them. Such as a running list on the forums with shade accounts and those involved.

Or something to that effect... When one of our newly famous players is seen in game we should welcome their presence as a present by way of country channel and 200.

I would go out of my way to land and then go where my new best friends were last seen lifting off from airfield "X" that was announced over 200, just to try and find the toolbox in a sea of red.

But I'm an meanie like that  :devil

:old:

Something to consider is a new player learning these things right off the bat because we over excessively cry about the topic.... I did not even know what a "shade" was till a month ago.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:55:18 PM by deadstikmac »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »
Spot on Triton. :aok

wait.....did we agree on something....... :D :neener: :salute

Offline EagleOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
SYSTEM's 262 eats archieD's 262 in kills per death... at least thats what i heard but idk.

gblade, what color were his fingernails painted? I prefer hot pink reminds me of this one girlfriend from highschool  :O

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2013, 06:59:44 PM »
I have a film of Sukov shade vulching. 

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2013, 08:56:58 PM »
I have a film of Sukov shade vulching. 

No the secret of my dark past has been revealed!

:noid
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2013, 02:43:07 AM »
I've come up with something even better than shooting down my own shade.  I cut out the middleman and achieve enormous efficiency gains.  In shade farming, the middleman is of course me; but it is another one of me, and I say "cut that sob right out of the loop!"  I spawn, do a takeoff run straight into a building, and -- BOOM!  This is so much faster and more direct than getting planes airborne and maneuvering into position for the kill.  I find that I can kill myself about 10 times faster this way.

At first, I was thinking of keeping this startling epiphany to myself.  However, upon further reflection, I have decided to bestow it upon the player base in general.  Think of it as my contribution to the community or maybe even as my legacy.  No, don't thank me.  Please . . . just pay it forward.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2013, 03:25:43 AM »
I've come up with something even better than shooting down my own shade.  I cut out the middleman and achieve enormous efficiency gains.  In shade farming, the middleman is of course me; but it is another one of me, and I say "cut that sob right out of the loop!"  I spawn, do a takeoff run straight into a building, and -- BOOM!  This is so much faster and more direct than getting planes airborne and maneuvering into position for the kill.  I find that I can kill myself about 10 times faster this way.

At first, I was thinking of keeping this startling epiphany to myself.  However, upon further reflection, I have decided to bestow it upon the player base in general.  Think of it as my contribution to the community or maybe even as my legacy.  No, don't thank me.  Please . . . just pay it forward.

:rofl