Author Topic: Depression?  (Read 942 times)

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
Depression?
« on: June 01, 2013, 01:59:14 AM »
Has anybody here know body who has went through depression Because right now i have it and i find it very difficult, i have insomnia from it, and when i do sleep, i sleep all day,
Aces high is kinda a outlet for me, to kinda connect to somebody, Because with depression its made me Anti-social...Like, i mean I just want to be left alone,then with hanging with somebody,  Aces high 2 takes my mind off things and i can connect to some people....If you have any tips on how to fight this, id like to know em, I dont want to lose this battle....because most people who do, never come back....Thanks
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Depression?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 02:28:33 AM »
yup...you might want to get it checked out and make sure it's not something physiological that is off balance. if there is something off kilter, then it can be easily treated with meds. if not, you can still get meds or, in rare cases overcome it with whatever you find works for you. i just take 2000iu of vitamin d3 daily and keep my mind busy including reminding myself of all the good in my life, no matter how miniscule.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 02:59:29 AM »
I used to have some pretty bad depression. There was a cause for it though, not sure if it's the same for you or if you're just having moments of depression for some unknown reason. Honestly the way I lost most of my depression (still have some times when it hits since the cause for it back when I first started having bad cases of it is still around) was I found something that made me happy and made me laugh. It was as simple as that.

I can't say that I became Anti-social because of my depression since I was always anti-social, but being anti-social is not a bad thing at all. Some people (I'm one of them) like being alone with our thoughts and the quietness. If you want to be social but your depression is keeping you from doing so then that may be a problem, but don't go thinking that being anti-social is some kind of bad or weird thing or is wrong. Not only will that just add to your depression, it's also the wrong kind of thinking.

That's all the advice I can give. At least you have the right mind set. The brain is quite the amazing thing. If you tell your body that you will not lose, then it will not lose. When things start getting tough just tell your body "I refuse to lose!" and you won't lose.

:salute

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 03:45:16 AM »
Spot on latrobe :salute
hope you get through it man.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 03:48:26 AM »
thanks eveybody  :salute
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 03:50:52 AM »
I've suffered from chronic depression since I was young. I, personally refuse to take meds, but that's not necessarily wise for everyone. I use meditation for sleep(not mediCAtion), and when I feel a bout coming on, I refuse to submit to it and get myself busy, interacting with people who I know will improve my mood, or working or doing a hobby. The main thing that improved my ability to cope was to avoid where possible situations , shows, movies et cetera that i know will trigger the depression. Go to your doctor and talk to them about your situation, there is NO shame in getting help!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 05:00:13 AM »
Some folks dislike the meds, others are fine with them. Personally, I'm all for the meds (Fluvoxamine, IIRC) as it gives me some damn peace and quiet inside my head, helps me sleep, helps me focus, helps me just friggin do stuff, because even mundane, everyday stuff takes on a context when you're depressed that makes it damn hard to function.

Do NOT try to wrestle with it yourself, get a doc involved. If you'd twisted your knee and it was painful and interfering with your life, you'd seek help straight away. People seem to think that they should just "buck up", "pull their socks up", "man up" etc when it comes to depression. Just increases your isolation, deepens your inability to cope and generally makes things worse. Bottom line - go speak to a doc, fast, because depression is an illness which needs to be properly treated.

:old:
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 07:20:48 AM »
I have plenty of reasons for depression, seem to rack them up in life as ya go along..
Nature of the beast I guess..

Bathing in misery, within a self inflicted purgatory of guilt, is something in which have great
experience.. But there is nothing I can do to change that now, so it JUST IS!

I know that, no matter what, the sun will rise tomorrow on a new day.. The world will keep
turnin, no matter the tribulations of my life.. Self recrimination will never change that..

So I Ruck up, and Drive on, cuz there is nothing else to do in life..
Good luck!

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 07:45:51 AM »
I strongly believe that good, constructive, fun and rewarding work with people you respect leads to the most positive things in life and helps you to avoid most of the negative things. :aok

If you don't have that, you might want to start looking, but that's just my opinion based on experience. :salute
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:48:40 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 07:55:59 AM »
Get a bicycle.

I started riding within the last few months to keep from going stir crazy when work really slowed down. I have a ho-hum comfort hybrid that is pleasant to ride and I have to tell you the scenery on the paved trails and paths is generally pretty good.

Plus you'll eventually talk to some decent people, might catch an exhibitionist display and take in some good sights.

I recently splurged a bit on clipless pedals and cleated shoes which actually do help with efficiency. I did 40 miles yesterday and the extra weight is melting off.

You'll feel better, it's free to pedal, you'll get healthier and you'll improve your self image. Crank some endorphins and improve yourself!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:04:43 AM by Golfer »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 08:39:23 AM »
doom, you need to see your doctor about this, now.  For me it was bad enough that things I would really enjoy doing, I just didn't find them enjoyable at all.  I had a LOT of trouble sleeping, was ALWAYS tired as a result.  I missed quite a bit of work as well due just unable to bring myself to do anything, and me being so damn tired all the time.  I cannot afford to have my SA severely hampered, not my job.  Doctor kept asking me how things were going but I avoided the issue for several months before I finally just told him what was going on.  That is when he diagnosed me with depression.  I am currently taking Wellbutrin for it, and for me, things are looking a LOT better.  I'm enjoying things again, I'm getting sleep.  Can't seem to cut grass anymore though as I break out in a rash.  Didn't have this issue prior to taking Wellbutrin (though I do have an allergy of grass), but other than that things are golden compared to what they were before.

You can take some of the suggestions that people have given you here, but ONLY after you have talked to your doctor.  You have to tell him what all of the symptoms you are going through, no matter how minor.  If your doc is worth his weight in salt, he'll start to ask you questions pertaining to your life and job in detail.  Answer honestly and give as much detail as you can.  If you are prescribed anything, make sure to ask questions, especially about the side effects.  For me I had to make sure that it wouldn't affect my driving.  Also, if anything unusual starts happening when taking the medication, talk to your doctor IMMEDIATELY.  Originally my doctor prescribed Paxil, but after a day hands started shaking.  After a week, I was having the shakes real bad, so I went to see my doctor about it.  He told me to stop taking Paxil immediately.  Turns out that if I had kept taking it, it would have eventually affected my brain.  I don't hold fault with him though.  He didn't know I'd react in such a manner, nor did I.  He started me on a light dose of it to play it safe, and it's a good thing he did.  A heavier dose may have been very bad for me.

Talk do your doctor as soon as you can, don't ignore it.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
Remember this about "Doctors", they are not the same as they used to be..

Now, they put one little checkypoo on your chart, and you will have them crawlin
up your butt, for the rest of your life.. It's a trap, and it is intended that way!

Just a word to the wise, Beware who you allow into your private thoughts..
"Doctors" do not just work on solely your behalf, anymore..

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »
I don't subscribe to the road to happiness through pharmaceuticals especially as widespread and hair triggered prescription pads are these days. There is a time and a place but once you're on that road you're wearing that badge and it generally isn't coming off.

Go do something healthy.  

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 09:28:33 AM »
Hyperbole and a half comic about her experience with depression:

Adventures in Depression Part 1
Adventures in Depression Part 2

I've seen quite a few comments on other websites saying she nailed it in many ways.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 10:48:46 AM »
Being a manic depressant I know how you feel.

I had a phase where I was only sleeping maybe 2.5 hours a day (I things I HAD to be at [work etc.], which is why I woke up after sleeping). Video games were, and still are, an outlet for me. It helps forget about the world, because you can lose yourself in another one.

Like someone mentioned before you should try getting a bicycle. I hate working out (:P), and I feel like poo afterwards because I tend to work out until I feel like I'm going to drop, but in the end it really does have an effect. You won't notice it right off the bat (unless you make it to that "runner's high"), but it will help. Also, try drinking water. I know it sounds silly, but take my word on it. Both of those give you a longer term of better moods.

If you haven't seen someone you should. It is a difficult thing, and I'm overdo for a meetup myself. It can be awkward at first, but in the end it can really help. :)

Best of luck! If you want to talk just shoot me a PM.

:salute
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech