Author Topic: The Decline of the Forums  (Read 5586 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: The Decline of the Forums
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2013, 03:48:51 PM »
One thing that has changed.  We've never had a village idiot on these boards with such stamina as the one we have now.

In that regard there is little point in trying to start any kind of conversation as they tend to end up in the same place every time regardless of the original topic.
I'll agree with that....a handful of wannabes following closely
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2013, 04:14:12 PM »
One thing that has changed.  We've never had a village idiot on these boards with such stamina as the one we have now.

In that regard there is little point in trying to start any kind of conversation as they tend to end up in the same place every time regardless of the original topic.

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2013, 04:42:11 PM »
Midway is an enigma wrapped in a mystery, and only he can unravel it; but it would be easier if you actually listened, midway. You might hear something that will start the process for you.

The kind of thing you got going on in your head, is like having a wild animal on steroids let loose on your thoughts. The moment something goes in, it shreds it and throws it back out at us again and the best you can do is make sure it doesn't fling it's feces.

Its a really sad, painful and lonely way to exist I bet.

But there is always hope middy, but you need to look inside yourself and tame that animal so you can get back to using all that brain matter properly again.

Then you will never feel the way you do, again!  :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2013, 05:44:05 PM »
Midway is an enigma wrapped in a mystery, and only he can unravel it; but it would be easier if you actually listened, midway. You might hear something that will start the process for you.

The kind of thing you got going on in your head, is like having a wild animal on steroids let loose on your thoughts. The moment something goes in, it shreds it and throws it back out at us again and the best you can do is make sure it doesn't fling it's feces.

Its a really sad, painful and lonely way to exist I bet.

But there is always hope middy, but you need to look inside yourself and tame that animal so you can get back to using all that brain matter properly again.

Then you will never feel the way you do, again!  :)

I listen to everything I hear and read... and, unfortunately have to ignore much of the irrational trash thrown about... I won't mention names... but if you look at my prior posts and the responses, it will be obvious.  :aok

Don't fall in the trap of creating some silly version of me in your head as so many others do.  I'm fully sane, normal, a good pilot, and we could likely be best buds in RL if we lived near one another.  I'm blessed with an outstanding family, kids, job, life, friends, health, and hobby(s).  

You'll find many find me a nice and good pilot with substantial enthusiasm and aspirations and having improved much in my short 2 1/2 years in Aces High and am a decent tanker as well.  Being able to pwn virtually 95% of pilots with my mighty Spitfire being just one such achievement that I'm quite proud of. :D

I do admit I talk a lot and therefore get a lot of flak... but it really doesn't bother me because there are gems of knowledge and wisdom to be found among the flak that make it all worthwhile.  I wish I had Badboy's knowledge and insight and my FPH's skills and awesomeness... then I wouldn't have much to say except to help others.  That's certainly not the case... yet.  :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:45:42 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2013, 05:49:45 PM »
I have up having any interest in any threads, whine or cheese I really only want new toys added in game, and to use the message function if i want to say hello to someone.

JG 52

Offline Fud

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2013, 05:56:33 PM »
Yeah Shida....I've always wondered why some posts get mega views and replies while others get squat.  :banana:
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2013, 06:15:21 PM »
Midway, it just seems like you are tightly balancing on a very thin line between two places, that no one here can seem to properly perceive the difference between.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »
Midway, it just seems like you are tightly balancing on a very thin line between two places, that no one here can seem to properly perceive the difference between.
Are you yet another of his idiotic shades?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »
I really don't see what the fuss from... One or two people is all about, considering the forums are about as active as they've ever been.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2013, 11:25:53 PM »

That's it in a nutshell. It never fails that as soon as he posts anything the original topic goes to hell and it then becomes all about him. 200 channel the same way. Hour after hour of mouth....nonstop.  :bhead
Lighten up Francis

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2013, 04:38:36 AM »
Well its obvious telling him to shut up isn't working, you could always de-tune 200 ingame I have killed/picked midway a few times recently and heard nothing from him I even get a salute every now and again, the trick is to actually just ignore his posts act like he isn't there, now I don't mind middy and I do usually read his posts but it would be quite easy not to respond to any of them or even acknowledge them if I didn't like him.

All you are doing is giving him reason to post like right now he has exactly what he wants because my post is about him but I will not be dragged into any sort of e-peen contest with him or any of you for that matter. Can we block people on here so we cant see there posts? there must be a few ways to mute people surely? beats having to listen to you guys moan about him.

Zack is awesome  :old:
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2013, 08:03:46 AM »
Well its obvious telling him to shut up isn't working, you could always de-tune 200 ingame I have killed/picked midway a few times recently and heard nothing from him I even get a salute every now and again, the trick is to actually just ignore his posts act like he isn't there, now I don't mind middy and I do usually read his posts but it would be quite easy not to respond to any of them or even acknowledge them if I didn't like him.

All you are doing is giving him reason to post like right now he has exactly what he wants because my post is about him but I will not be dragged into any sort of e-peen contest with him or any of you for that matter. Can we block people on here so we cant see there posts? there must be a few ways to mute people surely? beats having to listen to you guys moan about him.

Zack is awesome  :old:

:aok

:cheers:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2013, 08:35:39 AM »
   When Midway is one of your countrymen he is a helpful asset and is quite cordail. When you type I think the disconnect happens when you Spit out thoughts that you would not normaly say in a conversation.

Midway your are the best Troll I have seen in many years and I'm sure you enjoy the reactions you get from the simple minds. But be careful you may get a reaction you don't expect.

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2013, 08:53:27 AM »
  When Midway is one of your countrymen he is a helpful asset and is quite cordail. When you type I think the disconnect happens when you Spit out thoughts that you would not normaly say in a conversation.

Midway your are the best Troll I have seen in many years and I'm sure you enjoy the reactions you get from the simple minds. But be careful you may get a reaction you don't expect.

:uhoh    :headscratch:

I am just a pilot that enjoys discussing Aces High related things and answering questions and responding to people on topics of interest such as this.  You would never find me hiding in a trash can and doing something like that guy.  I would more likely be the guy with the microphone interviewing the person of interest to learn from them.

HiTech posted this great video defining what a troll is:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,335729.msg4414819.html#msg4414819

Or for the reading impaired .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg

HiTech

I am not a troll.  I fly far too often (roughly 50,000 victories in game in two and a half years) and post less than one post on BBS for every 15 sorties) and almost all on topics that are Aces High related.  Check my posting history and you'll see for yourself. :aok

:old: :airplane: :joystick:

:)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:37:20 AM by Midway »

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2013, 09:10:54 AM »
Have you hijacked this thread also Middy?!  :rofl

I must admit, I think the whole trolling is sort of funny. You are persistant, I'll give you that!  :aok

:lol
TheStig