Author Topic: Your best ah stories  (Read 3116 times)

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
Re: Your best ah stories
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 11:02:35 PM »
I'm in the DA fighting xxxxxxx , he has beat me 742 times and always first class.  We are in f6s and I get a decent merge and work my way for lucky snapshot and I think I just got a wing......So I roll over the top and I did wholly %##*¥^ I'm on top with E and he has 1/2 a wing.  I'm still scared to death he is going to beat me again.  I make my shot and get the kill, mind you I'm now 1 for 743.  He polite says nice shot and I proceed to get spanked the rest of the night. 
This is why I play this game  :salute

Dodger
It's about the fight.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 11:24:10 PM »
Fighting on the pizza map, one of those coastal air brawls between two close fields. I'm in an F4F with three kills to my name, limping home on half a wing and no ammo. I think I make it clear of bad guys when, out of no where, a P-51 appears. He saddles up on my six, closing fairly fast, but all he does is pull up to my high 3 o'clock, rock his wings, and zoom away. I'll always remember that, and I've been chivalrous in situations that allow for it, ever since.

There's that, and the A9 raid with the 91st bomb group. A grueling marathon of 262s and other fighters attacking 10 sets of 17s at high altitude. Non stop action for more than 30 minutes with as many as seven 262s in range at a time. If I have time I'll try to find the film from it.
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 11:34:09 PM »
This story I was not in, but it is retold alot in squad.

On that big old map with its 20k mountains, our glorious leader decided to lead a P-51 raid to open up a front. All the ponys were heavy with fuel/bombs & rockets, and were climbing like bricks.

So our illustrious Wing CO leads us into a valley between 2 mountains. This valley was not as safe as it first looked. some voiced concern about the hill they needed to climb over at the end of it.

The noble leader assured them that all was well.

Right up until the moment his plane hit the mountain side. Most of us tried to break out but the valley was too narrow at that point and many stalled in trying to turn. out of 15 odd planes 3-4 made it out alive... with film!

Now someone needs to post that film  :devil

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 12:09:02 AM »
Landing with Kills and Gear's Down with no Vulches that is my story and I am sticking to It... :devil :devil
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 12:58:22 AM »
fish youtube is your friend.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 01:08:59 AM »
fish youtube is your friend.

semp

My workplace is not a friend of youtube. so I was hoping for others to post it.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 03:07:33 AM »
This story I was not in, but it is retold alot in squad.

On that big old map with its 20k mountains, our glorious leader decided to lead a P-51 raid to open up a front. All the ponys were heavy with fuel/bombs & rockets, and were climbing like bricks.

So our illustrious Wing CO leads us into a valley between 2 mountains. This valley was not as safe as it first looked. some voiced concern about the hill they needed to climb over at the end of it.

The noble leader assured them that all was well.

Right up until the moment his plane hit the mountain side. Most of us tried to break out but the valley was too narrow at that point and many stalled in trying to turn. out of 15 odd planes 3-4 made it out alive... with film!

Now someone needs to post that film  :devil

I'm pretty certain I upped a fighter to kill this huge dar bar I saw gathering the other side of these mountains.   I was being stealthy through the valley and popped over into the next one.   Then the dar disappeared and I was like   :headscratch:  is this the bermuda triangle of AH??  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:39:51 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 03:32:02 AM »
The sortie that I'll always remember was on Baltic map. A knight mission took off from Helsinki just as I was circling on top of it at 20k in a Pony-D. I saw activity down below so I started diving down. While diving I start to see about 20 low planes in rows of two travelling west. Immediately I realized that I just zoomed to a large mission.

I level up behind the last plane fighting with compression and shot him down. The compression was so hard that I couldn't turn fast enough for the next plane and just had to zoom by him. Waiting to be shot in the back... nothing happens. It's like I'm not there. Then I move to the next one, shot him down. At this point I'm expecting them to be screaming check 6 to everyone. No - everyone still flies level. I shoot the third one down, then the fourth. Now my speed is way below compression but I'm still much faster. I shoot down the fifth plane - now they wake up and start dumping bombs. I shoot down the sixth plane and now everyone is breaking hard coming after me.

For a split second I consider just flying home with my kills but then I decide to stay and deck it out 10 vs 1 and low on ammo. I finally manage to shoot down 1 enemy more before I'm killed. That mission is something special I'll always remember.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:33:56 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 04:31:40 AM »
This one time... ah forget it.

:banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 10:51:44 AM »
Oh man those are great stories some are hilarious others just epic. Anyone remember the video of the m18 running over the ditched f4u and then backing up over it again. Wouldn't mind adding that to this post that was hilarious.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:53:52 AM by surfinn »

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 01:19:18 PM »
Forgetting a salvo setting and prematurly dropping 120 500 pounders :bhead
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 02:22:18 PM »
My first DD mission with ET & Company....

I was goon driver. Long hike a 2sector hike too the target.

My stick was dropped from around 20k.

YaY Halo Jumping Goons!  :bhead

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 02:53:12 PM »
many years ago I came accross an enemy P47 up at 30k whilst I myself was in the same model 47. We cased each other oot for a while with tentative merges then via 200 we realised who each other were. Wolfala and me then winged for a few sectors chatting untill we decided to try and land on a tiny plateu at about 28k. We both cartwheeled i seem to remember. Odd moments of non-combat are ammoungst my favorite memories in this game.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 03:05:26 PM »
  I joined a mission of heavy fighters out to hit an enemy field.  About halfway there, a teammate, who was RTB, tells us that we are about to meet a group of enemy bombers on route to the field we launched from.  About half of us dropped ords and took out the bombers.  The poor bomber flight had a serious case of bad luck that day, flying right into a flock of enemy fighters.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
Trading broadsides with another formation of B29s in the AvA.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17